BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like the truck might get finished after all....

+4
RapidRuss
schmitty
bruno
David Willingham
8 posters

Go down

Looks like the truck might get finished after all.... Empty Looks like the truck might get finished after all....

Post  David Willingham August 22nd 2009, 8:13 pm

I just took a trip to see Bobby Anthony (black 1998 Mustang with the Hilborn injection at the bash) and he asked about the truck and I told him I didn't have time any more. I told him I wished someone could finish it for a reasonable amount of $$$. He mentioned Jerry Rasbury, which is the guy that built his car. We talked some more about the cost and then Bobby talked me into riding down to talk with Jerry.

We got there and talked a while and I showed him some pics. I gave him a ballpark price I would like to get it finished for and thought he could get close. He is coming to look at it and get the price figured out within the next few weeks. Now I just need to get a reasonable painter lined up and I can handle the engine, trans, and wiring. Maybe in a couple of years it will be ready. And if it doesn't go fast enough, I know this guy that builds blowers Cool .................

David Willingham
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looks like the truck might get finished after all.... Empty Re: Looks like the truck might get finished after all....

Post  bruno August 22nd 2009, 8:19 pm

wow thats awesome David ...if you are close to Dan Hobbs you should let him paint it ....... Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Looks like the truck might get finished after all.... Empty Re: Looks like the truck might get finished after all....

Post  schmitty August 22nd 2009, 10:00 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong letting a pro help you out finishing that project. As for paint and such, even a Mako paint job isn't the end of the world. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss August 23rd 2009, 7:55 am

Well thats great news David,

I have been following your build for years, and often wondered at what stage you were at today? Hell I remember when you just started building the frame from the tubing..and how nice of a job you did..I never did get a chance to ask you what race weight you were looking for on the finish project.. But you do some damn good work !! Glad to hear your going foward with it now !! Keep us posted !! Very Happy
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham August 23rd 2009, 3:05 pm

It should weigh around 2500 lbs with me in it. Jerry is going to move the engine forward some and rebuild the chassis in front of my feet. This should make me a lot more comfortable as my legs were up in my stomach. I can't wait until it's done; I have a lot of catching up to do. I would like to eventually put one of the blowers I build on there, but I have to make the engine smaller to do that. I'll probably buy a new block and use a short arm with about 525" for the blower. 640" is way too much for a serious blower motor; you would over power the track down low.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 23rd 2009, 3:08 pm

Sounds cool man
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 August 23rd 2009, 3:16 pm

David Willingham wrote:It should weigh around 2500 lbs with me in it. Jerry is going to move the engine forward some and rebuild the chassis in front of my feet. This should make me a lot more comfortable as my legs were up in my stomach. I can't wait until it's done; I have a lot of catching up to do. I would like to eventually put one of the blowers I build on there, but I have to make the engine smaller to do that. I'll probably buy a new block and use a short arm with about 525" for the blower. 640" is way too much for a serious blower motor; you would over power the track down low.

Good plan........... Stay with it man, you ned that bad boy going, you not that far away from finishing it. It should fly. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss August 24th 2009, 6:37 am

Well that sounds BadA$$ David 2500lbs with a huffer on it....Really cool , and should haul the trash to the dump real quick too !! Very Happy
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham August 24th 2009, 11:14 am

It will be a while for that happens. This little 640" c-head deal might be too much for me to handle anyway. I may end up throwing in the old 466 from back in the day and run 5.80s, lol.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 24th 2009, 12:28 pm

Now that's how to market your product! Your blower case on a BBF Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 August 24th 2009, 8:41 pm

Hi david, I also followed your build-up early on but lost track. What blower case do you work on and any pics of your work lately?
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham August 24th 2009, 9:43 pm

Hey John! Send me an email as I have a different one now.

ame@otelco.net
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down