BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

made in the USA ....

+9
billandlori
GTmustang
jesse
f250mike
Frank Merkl
69F100
uf63
56Tbird
bruno
13 posters

Go down

made in the USA .... Empty made in the USA ....

Post  bruno January 16th 2009, 5:34 pm

"Hi friends,

This may seem like a funny email, but I was so surprised by what I discovered I had to share it with you. When I think of the job situation in this
country I can't help but think this helps in some small way.

I don't know how many households there are in the US, but if these were the only things we bought think of the impact.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 Watt light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA. So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here - from a company in Cleveland OH! So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets...yep, you guessed it. Bounce was more money and made in Canada. The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free that I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

So my challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbor's!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American,one light bulb at a time :-)! Besides you might save a little green in the process.

Stop buying the crap from China people. We should of woke up a decade ago. Let's get with the program...help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here.
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

made in the USA .... Empty Re: made in the USA ....

Post  56Tbird January 16th 2009, 8:14 pm

Sounds like a good challenge to me Laughing
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 January 17th 2009, 7:45 pm

Did this on the other site and was told there is nothing made here, BULLSHIT START LOOKING--------------- YOUR JOB MAY DEPEND ON IT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 22nd 2009, 9:51 pm

Georgia Boots are are even made in china we talking at work about where things we had on was made in jacket made china,shirt tiwan,blue jeans china,cap china,socks?,underwear? didnt go that far but probley china, if you would not wear china mane stuff . We would walk around nude or we would have to buy all
kind of new clothes.I am tryiny to watch what I buy now USA only. Mad Mad Mad Mad
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl February 8th 2009, 8:47 pm

Bruno , you'd better take Canada of the list or I'll quit selling my C6trans Brake Valvebodies to you US guy's !! and by the way Canada makes some nice stuff and our Beef is Barley feed which makes for way better taking Beef than corn feed !!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 8th 2009, 11:14 pm

Who runs a C6 anyway affraid lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl February 8th 2009, 11:46 pm

tweety ,only the guy's that can run in the 7's in the 1/4mile
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 9th 2009, 9:19 am

Frank Merkl wrote:Bruno , you'd better take Canada of the list or I'll quit selling my C6trans Brake Valvebodies to you US guy's !! and by the way Canada makes some nice stuff and our Beef is Barley feed which makes for way better taking Beef than corn feed !!!
Frank

we love you Frankie Laughing Laughing
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike March 28th 2009, 8:48 pm

Hey guys,
If you are in need of a new bed buy a Sealy,Bassett, or Stearns & Foster. They are made by the company I work for here in the good old USA.
And for Frank we have a plant in Edmonton Very Happy .
mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse April 3rd 2009, 9:32 pm

we sell alot of our boats to canada
and if it wernt for them buying boats we would have closed the doors over a year ago
thanxs canada
it is supriseing on how many things are made in the usa
i think brands like ge reliy on there name to sell products
but with all the companys that have move out of the country for cheap labor
we need to look for brands that were not famialir with
i have a habit of looking at lables
when i was younger my dad was big on made in the usa
we would be in the hardware store
and if he found what he wanted but it said made in mexico or?
he would put it back and say do you have anything like this but made in the usa
and if they didnt out we would go to another store till we found what he wanted but made in usa
he didnt mind canada stuff
so i have that same habit
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang April 27th 2009, 8:27 am

Check out allamericanclothing.com. I've been buying jeans and shirts from them for years. The price is reasonable, quality is high and they last longer than the Wranglers made in Mexico. They say "Statistics indicate if every American cared enough to buy just one garment made in the USA per year, the impact would be nearly $9 billion. That creates an amazing amount of jobs for just one article of clothing per American!"
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 April 27th 2009, 11:38 pm

Frank your right about your Beef it is really nice stuff I've used a lot of it and your pork is leaner than ours. I know a lot of our bacon manufacturers use Canadian belly's for there lean bacon.
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 April 27th 2009, 11:41 pm

jesse who do you work for Lund?
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 6th 2009, 11:57 pm

I try to go out of my way to buy North American. I prefer to support Canadians and our neighbors to the south!! Quality still seems to mean something here.

When I built the T-Bird I did as much research as I could do to make sure the parts were US or Canadian made.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 7th 2009, 7:26 am

Thats Cool
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 7th 2009, 8:41 am

Nice subject. Good reminder too.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 7th 2009, 9:00 am

I've been on this soapbox for so long that my wife is now searching for "made in USA" on everything she buys. I've actually caught her putting her favorite stuff back on thee shelf because it isn't domestic.

BTW, do you guys remember when "Made in Japan" was widely scorned? After WWII, they actually named a city in Japan "Usa" so that their stuff could be labeled "Made In USA".
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper August 7th 2009, 12:18 pm

Sorry to say guys, But buying ONLY american made products can hurt your economy even further.
If you discriminate against even canadian made products, you can put us out of jobs, therefore we cannot afford to keep buying american made products, thus shutting down more of your jobs.
You can bet when they close down, they are not moving anywhere in north america. We are in this together, Our economy has not had the setbacks your economy has. Our dollar being close to parity again there may be a buying spree, helping you guys out. I hope you guys understand that. I understand we have a 1/10 the population and in no way are we the crutch for your economy, however, I alone have spent ~25,000 on my house in the past year. All the products except for the odd one are either made in canada or usa. sometimes you're supporting both. Drywall...lots of it i've bought is made USA wv i think, but i know lots of the gypsum comes from manitoba. stuff like that. So 25,000 goes a long way into paying an employee for a year.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down