BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Input shaft ID?

2 posters

Go down

Input shaft ID? Empty Input shaft ID?

Post  David Cole July 3rd 2010, 6:14 pm

When I bought the T-Bird last week, as part of the deal the seller tossed in a box of glide parts. Some new new, some slightly used.

One part is a new input shaft. No name or part # on it. He said it's a Vasco shaft.

In the pic below, the shaft on the left is an old garden variety 4340 $90 shaft (BTE). In addition to the holes you can see there are two more on the opposite side of the converter end. One in the splines and one in the bushing ride area.

The shaft on the right is the new one. The holes you see are the only ones in it. The only marking is an "A" stamped on the converter end. The color and finish is different as well. Since it does not have an area for a bushing to ride on, what do I do? Bushing in the converter? Bushing in the stator support?

Input shaft ID? DSCF0003

I also got a slightly used transbrake with a new pancake type solenoid. Can anyone ID it by the shape of the holes in the sep plate or the shape of the valve? The valve is aluminum. I know it's not a BTE as the BTE uses a steel valve and some of the holes in the plate are shaped differently.

Input shaft ID? DSCF0005

Input shaft ID? DSCF0006

Thanks,

David Cole
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Input shaft ID? Empty Re: Input shaft ID?

Post  badshoe July 4th 2010, 11:01 am

I can't tell you the brand right off, but the new input is made for the newer TH400 splined converters that have the bushing in the converter. This setup allows more return fluid flow from the converter. Check the length, if it's 12 3/4" long, it can be used in a 1.76 or 1.82 planet.

badshoe

Back to top Go down