BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mixed rods

2 posters

Go down

mixed rods Empty mixed rods

Post  OahuEli August 23rd 2009, 2:29 pm

I bought a 429 out of a junkyard truck recently, and upon tearing it down, discovered it had four D0OE A rods and four D6VE AA rods. From what I've been able to determine these are the better rods to use, but I want to make sure its okay to mix them. The motor looks like it ran for awhile and the crank is okay, but I want to make sure, and seek the advice of BBF pro's. The rebuild will be basically stock.

OahuEli

Back to top Go down

mixed rods Empty Re: mixed rods

Post  rmcomprandy August 23rd 2009, 2:41 pm

Mixing them is OK if the weights are the same OR the crank balance has been appropriately rebalanced.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OahuEli August 23rd 2009, 2:51 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Mixing them is OK if the weights are the same OR the crank balance has been appropriately rebalanced.

Roger that. I gotta remove the pistons to check rod straightness anyway. Do you have any idea of the weight differance as built by Ford?
Just curious.

Looks like I might need to balance the whole recip assy as a safety measure. Oh well, better than ventilating the block I guess. I hear thats not good for 'em! LOL

OahuEli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down