BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying?

+3
bbf-falcon
Mark Miller
bb429power
7 posters

Go down

Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying? Empty Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying?

Post  bb429power July 9th 2010, 5:35 pm

Well We're going to be spending the night for the Fords at the Summit event. But what hotel to stay at we don't know. Could someone help us out and tell us where they might be staying? And no creepy offers for us to stay in your camper, the answer will be no. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying? Empty Re: Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying?

Post  Mark Miller July 10th 2010, 1:19 am

I'm not sure about the Hotels around there,they do have a camp ground at the track.I'll be there Sunday but only live 1 1/2 hours away from there.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying? Empty Re: Fords at the summit, Wheres everyone staying?

Post  bb429power July 10th 2010, 10:43 am

We don't have an RV or camper though. I wonder if they would let us pitch a tent? Razz We might just have to try sleeping in the f250, we did that at a dragway when we went with my friend. He had a nice big totor home but no enough room for us.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 11th 2010, 1:13 am

I'm pretty sure you can put up tents,i think they charge for the camping area but not sure i would call and see.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 11th 2010, 3:40 pm

Okay thanks, my dad said their website said "primitive camping" so we will see about that. I'll check with them.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 12th 2010, 11:24 pm

You can pitch a tent in the pits,but if they catch you driving a steak in the blacktop they will throw you out faster than you can say your sorry. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 13th 2010, 11:33 am

bbf-falcon wrote:You can pitch a tent in the pits,but if they catch you driving a steak in the blacktop they will throw you out faster than you can say your sorry. Smile
I wouldn't even try, that's disrespectful and inconsiderate. Whoever does that SHOULD get kicked out. So maybe we'll put up a tent behind the truck. Were going to figure something out, I know we will be going in the pits (its free anyways) but I don't know if we will be parking there. We'll figure something out, thanks.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d July 17th 2010, 10:17 pm

There is a motel just down the road from the track maybe 5-10mile first or second exit down 18-20 fast food joint there to
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 18th 2010, 1:04 am

"primitive camping"

Dose that mean ya have to drag your girl around by the hair scratch Razz

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 19th 2010, 8:40 am

We'll probably end up camping. Thank you guys for helping me figure it out. Very Happy
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav July 21st 2010, 2:51 pm

Last year, there was a $25.00 charge for parking your vehicle in the pits for the weekend.
Plus on I-15/ Norwalk exit there is _hitloads of motels.

Easy with the CREEPY jokes there kid. There are plenty of folks here that have shared their campers/etc.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 21st 2010, 10:40 pm

Laughing I'm just kidding, I know there are people who would do whatever possible to help out fellow members. Most of the people on here are like that.

Thanks for the info, my mom said that we are going to stay at a hotel now. confused I don't know what will REALLY happen, it never really gets planned out. I try but my parents are the one's with the final say in the end. I can't wait to go, this is goin to be sweet!

I noticed it said 2nd annual, is that correct? That means that the one we missed would have been the first, but it sounded like some other people have been to it a bunch of times.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 21st 2010, 11:29 pm

This is will be the 2nd year the Baders ran there own Ford event,it was always a Fun Ford Event before last year.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  86bigblockbird July 22nd 2010, 8:15 am

We will probably be driving home saturday night and coming back in the morning. we are less than 2 hours away. we would normally just put up a tent at our pit, but we just had a baby and i don't think 4 week olds are great at camping.

The weird part is i told my wife we didn't have to go if it was going to be too much with the baby, but she seemed more excited about going than i was.

86bigblockbird

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 22nd 2010, 10:33 am

86bigblockbird wrote:We will probably be driving home saturday night and coming back in the morning. we are less than 2 hours away. we would normally just put up a tent at our pit, but we just had a baby and i don't think 4 week olds are great at camping.

The weird part is i told my wife we didn't have to go if it was going to be too much with the baby, but she seemed more excited about going than i was.
We went to the heads up series at milan, about a week later on the way home from school she said "oh guys and by the way I like the heads up series". That means we're going to go again for sure. I'm just about 2 hours away, last time we drove home really late and I don't want my dad to have to go through that again. It was a rough night.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down