BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back from the track!! Aaaand.........

+16
cool40
Mark Laczo
patfromjersey
IDT-572
knrclark
f250mike
Ranch71460
nuclearcobra
bbf-falcon
Nevs
bruno
billandlori
res0rli9
schmitty
Mark Miller
ThndrChkn
20 posters

Go down

I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Empty I'm back from the track!! Aaaand.........

Post  ThndrChkn July 18th 2010, 12:36 am

Let me start off by saying, this truck NEVER ceases to amaze me. While I'm waiting for the vids to load up on photobucket, I'll give you a little rundown on the action. As you'll see in the vids, I had a BLAST with the Banana last night and today. And I'm tellin' ya, it wasn't too difficult to hand out all the spankin's the Chevy boys could handle either day. Except last night, when I missed my T-brake button and rolled the beams to a red light during the semi's of the Gambler Bracket. Which, the way the Banana was runnin', I had it wrapped up too. Wink

To start, last night's action began with me having a pretty rough time cutting ANY kind of light. (I haven't raced in a year) I originally went with intentions of trying to back it down to run in the 6.90 index class. My 1st time trial pass, (no video) I left on a .137 light and just destroyed a 69 Chevelle with a 565 in it. I shut it down short of the finish line and stood on the brakes, and still ran a 6.661 @ 98 mph. So, I went to the tower and had them put me in the Gambler Bracket instead, 'cause I didn't want to try and slow it down that much. Like I mentioned above, I made it to the semi's of the Gambler before missing the T-brake button and rolling through the beams causing a red light. Embarassed

The Banana ran like never before, knocking 2.4 tenths off from last year in the same conditions. The D/A last night (before dark) was 8500'. I ran mid 6.50's all night and one 6.51 for a best, compared to a best of 6.76 last year. I only have 2 vids from last night 'cause the people I had to run the camera, had alot of trouble figuring out how to use it.

Today, the 'ol Banana was DEADLY consistent, and set on KILL!! Running within .066 all day! With a best of 6.498 and a worst of 6.564, with 3 1.49 60's in a row, then 3 1.50 60's in a row as it got later in the day. I lost 1/10 on my 60's from last year. I'm thinking it was due to having to change slicks, and the new ones are 33" vs. 32" last year. The D/A today was still around 8000' All in all, this is ALL that mattered at the end of the day. Twisted Evil
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Cid__0717101726
When I got this picture taken, one of the Chevy guys told me "Take off that hat, you're gonna make us all look bad!" It's a Ford Racing Hat. Laughing Laughing My brother told him, " He already did that!" affraid Laughing Laughing I told him, the name on this hat is why I did what I did today. The vids are done. Here they are in order of runs.
Time trials last night:
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_002-3

1/4 finals from last night:
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_005-4

This is a nasty SBF Mustang II:
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_006-4

Here's the eliminations from today in the electronics class:
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_007-5

I drew a bye in 2nd rd.:
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_008-3

In the semi's, my M.O.V. was .006 over an Indy Headed BB Mopar. I think he said it was 528" He had a 3/10 leave on me, and he was NOT a happy camper Laughing :
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_009-3

The finals: I got me a dragster! Twisted Evil Cool
I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Th_010-3

Doug... Cool

Last edited by ThndrChkn on July 18th 2010, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Empty Re: I'm back from the track!! Aaaand.........

Post  Mark Miller July 18th 2010, 12:54 am

Doug,

Nice going and great times you ran in the Banana way to make the Ford guys proud.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Empty Re: I'm back from the track!! Aaaand.........

Post  schmitty July 18th 2010, 1:00 am

Congrats there bud, you deserve it for all of the hard work you put in on that ride. Where is Wain, he could learn a thing or two here on how a Ford can beat the competition. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 18th 2010, 1:24 am

Congrats Doug. and yes you deserve it. Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 18th 2010, 3:37 am

Great report there Doug!! Glad she was running so good for you.

That thing just flat LEAVES!! Works great.

Is the handling any better with the R+P steering now??

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 18th 2010, 6:31 am

8000 da Shocked .....you got her moving Doug ....great job man !!!!

Last edited by bruno on July 18th 2010, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs July 18th 2010, 7:14 am

Congratulations Doug! Very Cool indeed! cheers
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 18th 2010, 7:26 am

Good work Doug,it's paying off. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 18th 2010, 7:30 am

Good job Doug Cool i bet their gettin up thismorning scratching their heads wondering how that big yellow banana handed them their asses Twisted Evil cheers
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 July 18th 2010, 9:25 am

Now you have to get it back to Mission this year for a big blast at sea level!!
I know I'll be after my sponsors to get there again.
Good driving there Doug Smile Exclamation
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike July 18th 2010, 10:37 am

Looking good Doug.
Every improvement you do works well.
I hope my changes work out like yours have.
We may be taking mine out for some TnT this week.
mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 18th 2010, 10:42 am

billandlori wrote:Great report there Doug!! Glad she was running so good for you.

That thing just flat LEAVES!! Works great.

Is the handling any better with the R+P steering now??

Bill

Thanks Bill. You should be in the seat when it leaves. Even though my 60's are about 1/10 slower, I've never had it make my neck and upper back muscles as sore as it did this weekend. I can't wait to get the 60's back down where they belong. Shocked Oh yeah, the steering is alot tighter with the rack vs. the stock manual steering, and this thing goes down the track straight as a laser.

bruno wrote:8000 da Shocked .....you got her moving Doug ....great job man !!!!

Thanks Nick. It's a good thing when you can make them run up here in heaven's land, 'cause if you ever go to sea level, or even down where you guys are, these things really get it on. Twisted Evil

nuclearcobra wrote:Good job Doug Cool i bet their gettin up thismorning scratching their heads wondering how that big yellow banana handed them their asses Twisted Evil cheers

Probably. Laughing Laughing But when I left the track last night, I was gettin' the look that's for sure. Laughing That's OK though, if they really want, there's more where that came from too. Wink I just have to keep doin' my part.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Empty Congrats Doug

Post  knrclark July 18th 2010, 11:00 am

WTG Doug.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 18th 2010, 11:47 am

Good job friend.............. Cool

Just think, I don't belive you realize what a monumental task you have overcome. Taking an engine that is so inferior to the chevy engine and handing their ass's to them like that. affraid Laughing Laughing lol! lol!

That's one BADFOMOCO.

Proud for you, thanks for the updates last night I enjoyed it........... Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 18th 2010, 11:52 am

Awesome Doug! I'm so glad you had a great time at the track, and everything is going well. That truck is a beast! Cool
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

I'm back from the track!!  Aaaand......... Empty Races

Post  Mark Laczo July 18th 2010, 11:54 am

Good job Doug.
Nice to see the truck running so well.

Later Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 18th 2010, 11:57 am

No problem Blake. I believe it I that owes you a big thanks for all of your help as well as the Coug, Jason (Northwest outlaw), schmitty, and everyone else that I'm forgetting. None of it would have been possible without the knowledge I picked up from the awesome people of this site. I'm already workin' on the next race and trying to figure out how to get my 60's back.

Thanks guys.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 18th 2010, 11:59 am

Cool that makes it all worth it! givem hell Doug Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY July 18th 2010, 4:14 pm

good job Doug Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 19th 2010, 1:04 am

cool40 wrote: Cool that makes it all worth it! givem hell Doug Smile

Yes sir! Yes it does. I had 4 guys ask me on Friday night, how much I was sprayin on the 'ol Banana. I told them, none. One guy said, "Awww, come on now" Laughing Laughing I told him to look all he wanted. I also noticed a very interesting observation on Friday night. I made 2 runs, 10 min. apart. After the 1st pass, I came back to my pit, threw the charger on real quick, topped off fuel, checked tires, and headed back out. Temp was the same, both runs were AFTER the sun went down, and the 60's were 1.518 & 1.516. But, I ran .07 quicker, 6.568 to 6.498, and MPH went up from 107.633 to 108.807. I found this to be a pretty interesting comparison. Could also explain why it ran the same or a little faster on Saturday, than it did on Friday night. Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  rck532 July 19th 2010, 9:40 pm

good job Doug
rck532
rck532
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones July 19th 2010, 10:24 pm

I have always found it interesting how some engines like being heat soaked and some run better cold.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 19th 2010, 10:55 pm

ThndrChkn wrote:
cool40 wrote: Cool that makes it all worth it! givem hell Doug Smile

Yes sir! Yes it does. I had 4 guys ask me on Friday night, how much I was sprayin on the 'ol Banana. I told them, none. One guy said, "Awww, come on now" Laughing Laughing I told him to look all he wanted. I also noticed a very interesting observation on Friday night. I made 2 runs, 10 min. apart. After the 1st pass, I came back to my pit, threw the charger on real quick, topped off fuel, checked tires, and headed back out. Temp was the same, both runs were AFTER the sun went down, and the 60's were 1.518 & 1.516. But, I ran .07 quicker, 6.568 to 6.498, and MPH went up from 107.633 to 108.807. I found this to be a pretty interesting comparison. Could also explain why it ran the same or a little faster on Saturday, than it did on Friday night. Very Happy

Doug... Cool

what was the trans temp? oil temp?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 20th 2010, 1:03 am

richter69 wrote:
what was the trans temp? oil temp?

Unfortunately Jon, thosre are 2 guages I just don't have. All I did was get the engine temp down below 140* in my pit, run the burnout & get staged at about 160*. By the time I make my pass, I'm about 185-190* when I hit the return road. I know those 2 guages would give me more data to go on, but I just haven't gotten them in there yet. So I just try and do everything the same every time. I do know that the trans temp isn't out of control, 'cause when I check it, it's not much more than good and warm, there's no hot odor, and the stick isn't even "hot" to the touch. The Hy-Gard may have something to contribute there, I'm not sure. I know the trans temp is obviously a bit hotter than my fingers are telling me. I take great care to make sure I'm not ridin' the converter for 3 or 4 seconds on the starting line. I'm only on it about a second after the lights start coming down. My methods may not be 100% correct, but it's what I got, and I do the best I can with it. I'll have to try and get those guages though. The trans temp will probably scare me to death. Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the comments guys.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down