BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too cool!

+4
Curt
johndickjr
69F100
bb429power
8 posters

Go down

Too cool! Empty Too cool!

Post  bb429power July 20th 2010, 9:36 pm

Well there is something with the taxes in Michigan that is attracting film makers here. Not even 3/4 of a mile down the road from me in town they are setting up a bunch for the movie "Scream 4" and we saw Courtney Cox. There have been four movies filmed in here withing the last couple of months and the guy Ross from the show Friends was directing his movie Trust up town also. He went to a few local spots, this is pretty cool but I'm afraid that my nice town is turning into Hollywood. Sad

This is really weird, I wonder why out of all the places in Michigan they not only chose my city, but they chose the small part of my city where I live. They are filming in the park right here and when the movie comes out I WILL watch it, I could probably point out every place that they were at. They re paved the road that they were filming on not even a 3 months ago, probably for the movie. Pretty cool for the most part but a lot of weird people are coming into town to see it.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Too cool! Empty Re: Too cool!

Post  69F100 July 20th 2010, 9:45 pm

get truck out and make a scene they may put you in it Laughing
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 20th 2010, 9:52 pm

69F100 wrote:get truck out and make a scene they may put you in it Laughing
We were thinking about doing that with our loud as hell cougar. If my truck was done..... Mad Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 20th 2010, 10:12 pm

i seen jessica abel in tulsa a few months doing a movie shoot

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt July 20th 2010, 10:18 pm

It's probably Obama dollars at work. Getting tax breaks in Detroit, and spending the money in the Carribean.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 20th 2010, 10:28 pm

One of the farms in the movie "Twister" actually got hit back in one of the outbreaks in May............. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 20th 2010, 10:56 pm

richter69 wrote:One of the farms in the movie "Twister" actually got hit back in one of the outbreaks in May............. Laughing
Karma Laughing I was actually in the house that they were filming at later today. Its a historical house that is (was) a mansion back in the day owned by the Wilcox family. I can't wait to see these movies and go "I grew up there" "I've been in that house" "I saw them film that". Its kind of cool, but the idiots come out when this stuff happens. At least its not as bad as the new "Green Fest" that we have, morons are all over that day.
Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  TorinoGT July 21st 2010, 10:15 am

Ive been seeing TONS of movies take place in Detroit... here is a set being built on Woodward (between burroughs & amsterdam) at the old dalgleish cadillac dealership... Harold & Kumors christmas movie (i believe)... signs on the set say "best xmas trees in jersey"... and "christmas tree brothaz".. this is a block from my engine house...
Too cool! 0718001108

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 21st 2010, 10:20 am

I remember them filming Striking Distance with Bruce Willis about 18 years ago in Pittsburgh Pa, my Buddy supplied most of the cars for the "Mashing and Crashing", he had a blast working with them and they paid well for the junk.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 21st 2010, 10:26 am

TorinoGT wrote:Ive been seeing TONS of movies take place in Detroit... here is a set being built on Woodward (between burroughs & amsterdam) at the old dalgleish cadillac dealership... Harold & Kumors christmas movie (i believe)... signs on the set say "best xmas trees in jersey"... and "christmas tree brothaz".. this is a block from my engine house...
[img][/img]

Shane
I love the Harold and Kumar movies! I will have to go check it out and see if the Harold and Kumar are there. Smile Naaah I probably wont.

Dave, that's pretty cool. How was he able to get involved with that?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 21st 2010, 2:19 pm

richter69 wrote:One of the farms in the movie "Twister" actually got hit back in one of the outbreaks in May............. Laughing

I remember back when Twister came out, they had a deal on the news about a tornado hitting a drive-in theater as the movie Twister was playing. Just like in the movie, when the tornado hit that one town they were at and there was a movie playing at a drive-in. affraid Talk about bad karma. Shocked Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum