BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool?

+3
Nevs
schmitty
jbozzelle
7 posters

Go down

What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool? Empty What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool?

Post  jbozzelle July 27th 2010, 4:29 pm

I found a Lisle 18000 Universal cam bearing install/removal tool for sale locally. Is this a decent tool to do the cam bearings with?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool? Empty Re: What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool?

Post  schmitty July 27th 2010, 8:57 pm

I really like the Snap On one. Cool http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=11748&group_ID=1584&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool? Empty Re: What brand/part number for a good cam bearing install tool?

Post  Nevs July 27th 2010, 8:59 pm

I've got one of the Lisle tools, but I like the Snap On one better.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle July 27th 2010, 9:32 pm

Thanks. The Lisle one looks like the Snap On one. Guy wants $75 for it. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 27th 2010, 10:26 pm

Is there a cone that helps center the mandrel to the cam tunnel in the Lisle kit? That is what is the best part about the Snap on deal. $75 sounds like a good deal. The Snap On one was $225. I just go steal my neighbors. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams July 27th 2010, 11:34 pm

I have the snap-on one. I used the Lysle years ago but it had individual rubber rings and not the sleeve like the snap-on. I prefer the sleeve to protect the bearing surface.
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 27th 2010, 11:49 pm

i have had mine about 15 years i bought it used off the snap on truck looks just like a snap on without any marking on it the snap on guy said it was a snop on but with no marking no sure but it was $100 cheaper than a new one.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH July 28th 2010, 9:19 am

the Snap On is a Lisle . early ones did have O rings , later sleeves . Lisle has sleeves to retro the old style

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle July 28th 2010, 2:23 pm

It has the centering cone.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 28th 2010, 7:15 pm

I've used the proform quite a few times with good results.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum