BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me?

+3
Wayne Pearce
Treeyasoon
blown460
7 posters

Go down

Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me? Empty Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me?

Post  blown460 July 31st 2010, 12:02 am

im gonna be building a strip car and plan on stroking a 460 and adding either dual tunnel ram,procharger f1 or f2 or maybe a 671 blower of some sort? wandering if this block would hold all the power i need? also what power adder u reccomend?

http://www.eliminatorproducts.com/product/18.aspx

blown460

Back to top Go down

Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me? Empty Re: Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me?

Post  Treeyasoon July 31st 2010, 12:59 am

That block is only a 2-bolt main....You are gonna' want a 4-bolt if you are gonna' run a power adder.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me? Empty Re: Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me?

Post  Wayne Pearce July 31st 2010, 8:39 am

If you're going to build a serious strip engine, you need to start with at the very least, the "sportsman" block, or a Ford A460 block. Both of these blocks have four bolt mains on 2, 3, and 4 to handle all that "horse pressure". I'm thinking you want to minimize your costs, but I wouldn't cheap out on the block anymore than I would on the rotating assembly. Just my 2 cents.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 31st 2010, 3:53 pm

looks like nothing more than a newer version of a dove-a block to me... not sure on the oiling system though as there are no specs. for the power you are making as stated above a better block would be a wise choice. I also compared the sportsman (eliminator) to the Ford A460 and the Ford is able to go .100 bigger bore wise, and has Siamese cylinder bores (no water jackets around the cylinders) and is 18 bolt capable (heads)...and is close to 100 dollars cheaper as well... I went with an A460 Ford

http://bfevansraceparts.com/FordRacing.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn July 31st 2010, 4:18 pm

I believe that block is from their industrial side of the business. If Chuck Stevens sees this I'm sure he could verify that.

Also looks like they just don't drill it for the outer bolts.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck stevens July 31st 2010, 9:51 pm

"They", ELIMINATOR, has not sent me any info on their a-460 block. It sounds similar to the SPORTSMAN block, without the 4 bolt caps,for a bunch less money. Cool

chuck stevens

http://E-MAIL= stevensracingent@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BradB July 31st 2010, 9:59 pm

If that's a picture of the actual block, it looks easy enough to convert to 4 bolts. Could be a good option for a racer on a budget who would like something better than a stock block. The price is right. Looking to build a serious strip car will this block work for me? Icon_cool

BradB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum