BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing it again in 10

5 posters

Go down

Doing it again in 10 Empty Doing it again in 10

Post  schmitty August 3rd 2010, 10:17 am

Sturgis rally that is. The crew chief and I are heading out friday afternoon for a weekend of fun in Sturgis SD. I'm not messing around this time with the hauler though. I'm taking a freinds semi trailer. It's an old furniture hauler. Think 53' drop deck enclosed trailer. Should have enough room for all of the crap needed to be comfy even if we get a bad storm like last year. If anyone is going that way, come look us up and have some fun with us. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Doing it again in 10 Empty Sturgis

Post  Mark Laczo August 4th 2010, 9:15 pm

I have to work, but some of my fellow racers from the CMRO in Canada are heading down to participate. I think 3 or 4 of them, they have been doing some homework from the event last year so may be more competitive. LOL.

Later Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Doing it again in 10 Empty Re: Doing it again in 10

Post  KY JELLY August 4th 2010, 9:37 pm

Schmitty , keep an eye out for Jim Defew's bike he will be there , he is the guy that painted my car , very nice guy.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 4th 2010, 10:04 pm

I have never been to the Bike Rally there,But last year when we went out west we stopped by there and traveled through the Black Hills. The most beautiful country I have ever been to in my life. Have fun Schmitty,and for God's sake be good. Razz

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 5th 2010, 12:40 am

bbf-falcon wrote: Have fun Schmitty,and for God's sake be good. Razz
I'll be on my best behavior. Maybe. Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 5th 2010, 12:41 am

KY JELLY wrote: Schmitty , keep an eye out for Jim Defew's bike he will be there , he is the guy that painted my car , very nice guy.
If it works out, I'm leaving tomorrow, so I should have a little time to look around, and I'll try to look him up. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 5th 2010, 12:43 am

Mark Laczo wrote:I have to work, but some of my fellow racers from the CMRO in Canada are heading down to participate. I think 3 or 4 of them, they have been doing some homework from the event last year so may be more competitive. LOL.

Later Mark
I'd say them boys from up north were pretty competitive last year, so if they do much to better themselves they should be a force to be reckoned with. There was one guy there that had a pair of brass nuts, Harry Dee from AZ, he ran out the big end on one tire. Shocked
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 10th 2010, 7:25 pm

Well I made it there and back again. Long trip, almost 1000 miles round trip. Got a trophy for some bling this year. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 10th 2010, 9:35 pm

Awesome deal there Rob. Glad you had fun.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 11th 2010, 8:29 am

Got plagued by a few problems again, but everything worked out in the end. I was plagued by ignition box trouble again. Switched the boxes and everything fine again. Good racing and great fun. We were running on a fairly dry track and really digging some holes. Mondays race was even faster and lots of trucks were breaking, I got a couple of bye rounds because of breakage, beat a guy in a close race, lost to a buddy that ended up in second, and ended up with a fifth place trophy. Not too shabby considering I was giving up 6-700hp on some of these guys. Had fun spending time with friends I met last year and some new ones we made this year. Very Happy

Sturgis is one crazy place during bike week. They are expecting 750,000 people this week. Shocked
A big thanks to Denny for letting me borrow a set of cuts for the race.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Doing it again in 10 Empty Buffalo Chip

Post  Mark Laczo August 11th 2010, 10:38 am

Was Denny up there with his new rig ? I guess that is Dennis Bloom ? How did he make out ? Hear how any Canucks made out ? There were 2 blown alkys there a green rail called Bogfather and a orange rail called Mudlife Crisis. Congrads on placing with such stiff competition.

Later Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 11th 2010, 12:43 pm

Yep Denny Bloom was there, he was my next door neighbor and brought me a set of cuts. Very Happy His new truck runs HARD. Twisted Evil He brought two trucks and placed both days with both trucks. The Canucks ran only on Sunday. They were having some trouble for some reason and left that night. I don't know how they placed, I was pretty busy getting stuff ready to go because I ran shortly after they did. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum