BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas

5 posters

Go down

Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas Empty Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas

Post  racerk_2000 August 5th 2010, 1:51 pm

Hey guys. I have a helicopter school for 3 weeks in August in the Dallas area.
I would like to possibly meet some of you guys that are from that area. Perhaps go to one of the local tracks and meet.
Let me know. IM me.

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas Empty Re: Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas

Post  whatbumper August 5th 2010, 2:34 pm

August 14th
Texas True Ten 5 race at Dallas Raceway in Crandall, Texas which is not far from Dallas.
Gates open at 5 and racing starts around 7-7:30
1/8th mile racing a bunch of us run 5.0's and 5teens consistantly.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas Empty Re: Visit to the Dallas Ft Worth area of Texas

Post  Doug Rahn August 5th 2010, 5:35 pm

Damn nice titty bars in Dallas too. I visited everyone I could when I was there in '00 working on the McDonald's airplane. I don't know if it's still their, but there's one called the Country Club that was owned by one of the Pantera band members cheers . Also visit Big Al's for some of the finest Bar-b-Que you'll ever taste.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE August 5th 2010, 10:06 pm

Damn, wish I had time to run to Crandall for the race. Getting busy again doing more remodeling at my parents house. Just finished a railroad tie retaining wall+fill dirt+put down some sod project.........working out in this 103* summer sun is fk'n kicking my fat azz! Laughing
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  racerk_2000 August 7th 2010, 4:07 pm

I will try to make it to that race. The topless bars are a given for me. LOL

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 7th 2010, 4:28 pm

Also some great racing at Kennedale (http://www.texasraceway.com/main.asp?page=home) and Denton (http://www.texasraceway.com/main.asp?page=home).

Kennedale is a favorite of ours but our org doesn't go there for some reason anymore.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 7th 2010, 9:58 pm

racerk_2000 wrote:I will try to make it to that race. The topless bars are a given for me. LOL

If the Country Club is still in business and Dallas Law hasn't changed, then you'll love it. If the establishment doesn't sell alcohol, then the girls can be totally nude, you pay a higher cover, and BYOB.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  racerk_2000 August 10th 2010, 1:51 pm

Are you going to be there, "whatbumper" ?

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  racerk_2000 August 15th 2010, 1:06 pm

I went to the 10.5 race last night. I have to say that the Dallas Drag strip is by far the nicest strip I have ever been to. I guess it is only a years old but wow. All concrete track, all concrete pits, it was nice.
The car count was way down, for an unknown reason. It was still a good time seeing all the Mustangs.

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 15th 2010, 2:55 pm

racerk_2000 wrote:I went to the 10.5 race last night. I have to say that the Dallas Drag strip is by far the nicest strip I have ever been to. I guess it is only a years old but wow. All concrete track, all concrete pits, it was nice.
The car count was way down, for an unknown reason. It was still a good time seeing all the Mustangs.

might have been the 108 degree temps lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 15th 2010, 3:49 pm

Yeah, we didn't make the trip. After listening to all of the "experts", we went from 3.89 to 4.30 gears. BIG MISTAKE. After testing Friday night at Denton we didn't waste our money going to Crandall. It shocked the suspension so hard, but 60' less, that we can't get down the track. When we got the car to launch it wouldn't pull at the top end. No load on the engine. Then the AMS stopped working right. I'm sure it is our fault but for some reason it will make boost and at the top end we lose all CO2 pressure so it will only build what the spring pressure is (10psi). We turned the AMS off and ran the best of a 5.51 with only the 10lb spring.

We are putting the 3.89's back in this week.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum