BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INTERESTING READ.

+5
JACKAZZFLATZ
dfree383
bbf-falcon
bb429power
LivermoreDave
9 posters

Go down

INTERESTING READ. Empty INTERESTING READ.

Post  LivermoreDave August 17th 2010, 9:46 pm

Found this article at another site, interseting...... Dave.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/innerview/xii_8-kaase-1.html

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

INTERESTING READ. Empty Re: INTERESTING READ.

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 12:24 am

So he was doing this stuff at the age of 16...hmmmmm Idea maybe I could end up like him, man that would be awesome. I really hope I can extend my knowledge to the fullest extent and become a well known engine builder. Good read, thanks for posting.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 18th 2010, 7:53 am

Because of Charlie Evans and the KY Krew,I have had the great opportunity to be able to listen to Jon. He's a very smart and enjoyable to listen too. He talks in a way that an ole country boy can understand.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 18th 2010, 8:13 am

He's one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet, first rate in my book.

You guys ever get a chance to sit down and talk with him, he's got some great stories and information locked up in his head !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ August 18th 2010, 11:55 am

AND, he's a pretty good public speaker also. His presentation at the Seminar was great. ALOT of good tips and how-to's. And presented in such a manner that anyone could gettit.
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 18th 2010, 1:39 pm

Good read Dave. I've enjoyed Jon's presentations at the two tech seminars I've attended. Always learn something and get a bunch of laughs as well. He really knows how to get his message across. Great guy to talk to as well.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 2:21 pm

Where and when is the next tech seminar? I would really like to go, its just at a college right? I mean, its like an advanced engine class for a day right? If it doesn't cost too much to go I might try talking my parents in to letting me go there.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 18th 2010, 5:27 pm

bb429power wrote:Where and when is the next tech seminar? I would really like to go, its just at a college right? I mean, its like an advanced engine class for a day right? If it doesn't cost too much to go I might try talking my parents in to letting me go there.

Last year is was at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terra Haute, Indiana. I'm not sure if it will be held there next year, but I hope it is.I'm sure Charlie is working on things already. Very nice facility.

Last edited by Nevs on August 18th 2010, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 18th 2010, 6:55 pm

bb429power wrote:Where and when is the next tech seminar? I would really like to go, its just at a college right? I mean, its like an advanced engine class for a day right? If it doesn't cost too much to go I might try talking my parents in to letting me go there.

No,It's not a engine building class.It's actually alot of different things wrapped up into one.Some of it was way over my 0er0 mind,but it sure was enjoyable.Plus I got to hang w/my bud's some Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 7:00 pm

I would like to go some time. I like all the technical mumbo jumbo. My dad and brother would be sitting there like scratch HUH???
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 18th 2010, 7:27 pm

bb429power wrote:I would like to go some time. I like all the technical mumbo jumbo. My dad and brother would be sitting there like scratch HUH???
Leave your Mom/dad at home and bring your brother.Here is some pic's from the last one.It is alot of fun and you will learn alot Laughing
INTERESTING READ. IMG_6925
INTERESTING READ. IMG_6924
INTERESTING READ. IMG_6927
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0065
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0059
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0070
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0073
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0075
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0866
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0859
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0869
INTERESTING READ. IMG_0872
lol! lol! lol! lol!

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 7:40 pm

Don't look nothing like tech! Lots of beer drinkin and partying. No way in hell would my parents let me go out of state with just my brother and stay at a hotel with a bunch of "strangers". Because of my age, it doesn't look good. But if he were to come then it would be different, my brother might not want to do something like that. I'm the one who really wants to make this engine building career happen.

What the heck did they teach you guys there? The physics of bull riding, your beer consumption to weight ratio? How to properly down a t-bone steak? Laughing Looks like a good time. Very Happy I'm sure I'll meet a lot of you at the bash if I am able to go, this seminar would help me better my education on engines so that's a plus. I'll see when the next seminar comes around, who knows, I might go.

Let see, I see big chuck, randy, mullet man, and is that lem in the B.F Evans shirt?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 18th 2010, 7:51 pm

and is that lem in the B.F Evans shirt?

Uh, no, that's Damon...............
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 18th 2010, 7:53 pm

"and is that lem in the B.F Evans shirt?"..............no.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 7:57 pm

I only know what Rick Brown, Dano, Big Chuck, Damon, Randy (from MI), Uncle Charlie, Big D, Al Martin, goinpostal, jackazzflatz, Ken Belanger, and (I think) Jon look like
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 18th 2010, 8:19 pm

The first couple of pics are from the seminar in Evansville. That is "The Coug" in the saddle, and he wasn't at Terre Haute. Blake C aka IDT-572 is in the blue shirt next to the Coug. 2nd pic over Coug's left shoulder in the TFS hat is Randy Moore KY Mustang. Third pic is Randy Malik rmcomprandy, in the plaid shirt and to the left is Mike Stevens Qtr Warrior in the white T shirt. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 8:24 pm

schmitty wrote:The first couple of pics are from the seminar in Evansville. That is "The Coug" in the saddle, and he wasn't at Terre Haute. Blake C aka IDT-572 is in the blue shirt next to the Coug. 2nd pic over Coug's left shoulder in the TFS hat is Randy Moore KY Mustang. Third pic is Randy Malik rmcomprandy, in the plaid shirt and to the left is Mike Stevens Qtr Warrior in the white T shirt. Cool
And where were YOU? Razz Thanks, its nice to be able to put a face to the username.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 18th 2010, 8:28 pm

I was sitting across the table from Randy Moore. That is my big ole hairy arm in the pic. Anything more and the camera would have never survived. Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 18th 2010, 8:35 pm

schmitty wrote:I was sitting across the table from Randy Moore. That is my big ole hairy arm in the pic. Anything more and the camera would have never survived. Laughing
You sound proud of yourself, I've got that much hair on my arm get over it! Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 18th 2010, 9:03 pm

bb429power wrote:Don't look nothing like tech! Lots of beer drinkin and partying. No way in hell would my parents let me go out of state with just my brother and stay at a hotel with a bunch of "strangers". Because of my age, it doesn't look good. But if he were to come then it would be different, my brother might not want to do something like that. I'm the one who really wants to make this engine building career happen.

What the heck did they teach you guys there? The physics of bull riding, your beer consumption to weight ratio? How to properly down a t-bone steak? Laughing Looks like a good time. Very Happy I'm sure I'll meet a lot of you at the bash if I am able to go, this seminar would help me better my education on engines so that's a plus. I'll see when the next seminar comes around, who knows, I might go.

Let see, I see big chuck, randy, mullet man, and is that lem in the B.F Evans shirt?

That's Lem leaning over the fender giving Blake "The Snake" Cartwright a lesson on carb tuning. Laughing

INTERESTING READ. LemandBlake
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 18th 2010, 9:12 pm

It was fun Very Happy

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 18th 2010, 9:17 pm

[quote="bb429power"]Don't look nothing like tech! Lots of beer drinkin and partying. No way in hell would my parents let me go out of state with just my brother and stay at a hotel with a bunch of "strangers". Because of my age, it doesn't look good. But if he were to come then it would be different, my brother might not want to do something like that. I'm the one who really wants to make this engine building career happen.

cheers cheers jocolor jocolor study study lol! lol! lol! lol!

I sure did learn alot about them there bigole motors. Did ya'll have fun too pirat

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down