BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin

+44
Wes Littrell
hillbillyerv
jones
gdog
61coon
512Fairlane
Curt
cool40
95lightiningguy
jbozzelle
D. Sea
VideoDude
Yoeman
Nevs
Copperhead
72mav
f250mike
feetfirst
Doug Rahn
stangr8cr
Wayne Pearce
KY JELLY
IDT-572
Dave Maxwell
ThndrChkn
bcr466
MsKYMustang
bigblockfox468
rmcomprandy
bruno
56Tbird
Lonewolf1970
bb429power
schmitty
D's557BBF
nuclearcobra
DILLIGASDAVE
Lem Evans
bbf-falcon
the Coug
342g
dfree383
Treeyasoon
c.evans
48 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin - Page 3 Empty Re: We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin

Post  Curt August 23rd 2010, 10:59 pm

We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin - Page 3 Sympathy
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin - Page 3 Empty Re: We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin

Post  512Fairlane August 23rd 2010, 11:08 pm

Wow that's horrible. I had spoken with Greg a few times at Gateway when he was racing his Fairlane and we were pitted next to each other at the Bash this year. He was heck of a nice guy and a great fabricator. His Fairlane and Mustang were both top notch cars. Our prayers are with his family.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon August 24th 2010, 12:19 am

Very sorry to hear about this bad news.I had the privledge to meet Greg and Nicci at the seminar and the Bash.I am very sorry for the family's loss. RIP Greg---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 24th 2010, 6:50 am

If anyone has a pic,please post it because I don't know if I had the pleasure of meeting him or not. Thx

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 24th 2010, 9:41 am

Lem Evans wrote:"I was also a little bit in cahoots with that little art display."
No disrespct to the dead or you......I did not think it was funny.

Lem funny or not Seth was so drunk he passed out like 4 times and we ask him if we could help him back to his Room, He got a little Belligerent and told us we were F^%*() with him we was no where near drunk enough to pass out and he's never passed out, so the Next time he Passed out and almost fell out of his chair....art work happened.....

So if you want to be Mad at some one it should be Seth Because we ask him very Nicely..... Then when He left He called a couple Ladies some Pretty ugly names, and Stumbled off bouncing off everything on the way down the hall.......

and yes I was there I watched it happen

JMHO
Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 24th 2010, 9:47 am

Yes I know you were there........if somebody is bent over it aint a good reason to kick'em in the butt and if Seth acted ugly it aint a reason for others to do like wise Wink

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog August 24th 2010, 10:16 am

Greg and Nicci hung out with us PA guys at the seminar. They were with us at the Shine tasting event and they were with us at the after BASH Hotel Party. After a few hours you can get a sense of a person and Greg was a good guy.... he will be missed.

All of us are greatly saddned by this news. Hang in there Nicci.

Gordon
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 24th 2010, 11:03 am

gdog wrote:Greg and Nicci hung out with us PA guys at the seminar. They were with us at the Shine tasting event and they were with us at the after BASH Hotel Party. After a few hours you can get a sense of a person and Greg was a good guy.... he will be missed.

All of us are greatly saddned by this news. Hang in there Nicci.

Gordon

I forgot all about the "chicken roast" in the rear hotel parking lot after the Bash. Greg was jokin' and bein' the friendly kind of facetious that night too.

I've talked with a few people who I know had met him, (cause I was there), but they don't remember without a face.
Posting a photo would sure be memorable for a lot of people, I'm sure.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav August 24th 2010, 11:15 am

Same here, we need a pic. I remember is car, but I cant recall meeting him. I probably fed him a hotdog or burger since the PA guys were hangin pretty close to my grill Very Happy Wink Just TOO many nice people and not enough time to soak everyone in Crying or Very sad
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  jones August 24th 2010, 12:49 pm

I hate that, his family is in my prayers.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv August 24th 2010, 2:03 pm

Godspeed my BBF freind. Sad

[/quote]

talked with him at the bash, very sad,prayers go out to family members. R.I.P. Sad

Erv.
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell August 24th 2010, 3:35 pm

So sorry to hear about this.In our prayers.He had called me just not to long ago.Seemed like a great guy from what I had seen.
The Littrell's
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  VideoDude August 24th 2010, 6:03 pm

This is from the video.

We've lost a brother,,, Greg Gowin - Page 3 Uvs100824-001
God Speed Brother.
VideoDude
VideoDude

https://sites.google.com/site/pennstrokeproductions/

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 24th 2010, 6:05 pm

I visited with Nicci earlier today and she said that there will be two memorials one for a scholarship through his union and another with the local EMS. She is going to send me more info later this evening and I will put up a new thread with the info. She said that she knew he was very fond of all of his Ford brothers and sisters here and would always take time each evening to look at what was happening on the board. I asked about sending some flowers to the funeral and she said that would not be what Greg would have wanted and she wants it sent to the memorials. She wanted all of us to know that she is very thankfull for all of our thoughts and prayers.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 24th 2010, 10:49 pm

Sounds good Schmitty. Let us know mor eonce you get the info.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice August 25th 2010, 12:51 pm

I really only knew Greg from pm-ing each other back and forth. I am sure he was a great guy and family man judging by all the above post. Rest in peace and "May the Horsepower be with you"..........

Travis Rice

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon August 26th 2010, 7:28 am

That's sad. Rest in peace brother.
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports August 26th 2010, 8:44 am

Our prayers go out to his family. Truly a nice guy!

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  RKUEGEL August 26th 2010, 11:14 am

Truly sad......... We met Greg and Nicci at the Bash, really nice, outgoing people.
I am relatively new to the site, but I can tell that Greg will be missed...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Robbie and Shannon Kuegel

RKUEGEL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3