BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

double pin a cam

+2
Wayne Pearce
new2460
6 posters

Go down

double pin a cam Empty double pin a cam

Post  new2460 August 28th 2010, 1:42 pm

who can double pin a roller cam for me? i'm in michigan.

new2460

Back to top Go down

double pin a cam Empty Re: double pin a cam

Post  Wayne Pearce August 28th 2010, 3:32 pm

Any competent automotive machine shop should be able to accomplish that for you, it's not rocket science. I was charged $30.00 to have it done to mine, I don't know if that was too much or not - but I was happy with the finished product.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 28th 2010, 4:35 pm

do you have the Cam? if so Maybe Randy Malik or Adney Brown knows someone up that way that can do it.... no it is not Rocket science but it comes in handy if you hae it done like the rest like the Danny Bee so when you get ready to sell it someone won't have to make a timing set to fit it..... or send it to Jet Boat Bob he can do it he had done many for me.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 August 28th 2010, 4:40 pm

the Coug wrote:no it is not Rocket science but it comes in handy if you hae it done like the rest like the Danny Bee

Randy

Randy, are they done 180* from and the same size pin as the stocker? Just wondering for the memory bank..

Thanks
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 28th 2010, 4:48 pm

yes mine is 180* and exact distance so my Danny Bee will fit either way.....

Justa note cams are harder than average metal..... so you have to have precice drill bits or end mills.......if you try it at home the drill bit will slide around......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 August 28th 2010, 5:09 pm

the Coug wrote:yes mine is 180* and exact distance so my Danny Bee will fit either way.....

Justa note cams are harder than average metal..... so you have to have precice drill bits or end mills.......if you try it at home the drill bit will slide around......

Randy

Cobalt stub drill & carbide reamer Wink Very Happy
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce September 4th 2010, 8:20 am

When the machine shop did mine, they suggested that the holes should not be 180 apart! This would prevent me from installing my cam pulley 180 out of sequence - made sense to me.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 4th 2010, 11:50 am

Wayne Pearce wrote:When the machine shop did mine, they suggested that the holes should not be 180 apart! This would prevent me from installing my cam pulley 180 out of sequence - made sense to me.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne how can you install it 180* out? if you roll the engine over 180 it will be in time. so infact it doesn't matter an engine turns 2 rounds to complete one complete cycle. your valves do not care either way they are indexed off the camshaft, so when you set them they will be in sync with the stroke.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 September 5th 2010, 7:12 pm

GOOD INFRO; Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  CDMBill September 5th 2010, 11:36 pm

Good insurance in the event of certain valve train related problems although this is more in the line of what breaks where and what gets taken out as a result depending on how fast the engine was spinning at the time.

For some reason all of my valve train breakage over the years has happened at low engine speeds.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

Post  CDMBill September 5th 2010, 11:38 pm

Good insurance in the event of certain valve train related problems although this is more in the line of what breaks where and what gets taken out as a result depending on how fast the engine was spinning at the time.

For some reason all of my valve train breakage over the years has happened at low engine speeds and it would have been or more recently was beneficial to keppe the cam truning and localize the damage to one cylinder. Your results may vary.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down