BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DDS video @ jackson tn

+11
DILLIGASDAVE
c.evans
Pro98Mustang
cool40
bruno
bcr466
ThndrChkn
jasonf
665 falcon
Nevs
KY JELLY
15 posters

Go down

DDS video @ jackson tn Empty DDS video @ jackson tn

Post  KY JELLY August 29th 2010, 2:52 pm

Track was a little slick last night or the tires might be giving up , anyway it was barkin them a bit. The new trick flow intake put out some promising results last night and seems to be really balanced well.

I dropped the drivers side corners cylinders to 38 nozzles with 39 on the others and egt's look great.

The car is still on the rich side and I am starting the tuning on the high speed lean out , layed down 138 mph which is a 6 mph faster from last time out just did not have the 60 ' times last night , but I don't think it was a power deficiency. Smile We ended up qualifying 10 th last night and got loose on the first pass and had to lift.

Also got some video of Pat freels' gto vs Louie Williams vette . Pat is a friend of Lem and Charlie's and Livermore Dave's brother Jared helps him out at the track. I must say Pat done a great job last night , made it to the semi finals he qualified 5 th with a 4.94.

Last edited by KY JELLY on August 29th 2010, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

DDS video @ jackson tn Empty Re: DDS video @ jackson tn

Post  KY JELLY August 29th 2010, 2:52 pm

pat v/s maness vette 4.905

Last edited by KY JELLY on August 29th 2010, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 29th 2010, 3:50 pm

Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as loose! Engine sounds killer though.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon August 29th 2010, 4:31 pm

That a Boy Jelly Boy, i for one is proud of you Cool Cool Cool OUT STANDING
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 29th 2010, 4:43 pm

Looking good Ky!
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 29th 2010, 4:50 pm

Nice job Randy. Too bad you got loose there, car looked good.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 August 29th 2010, 8:05 pm

Big part of KY's problem on that pass was the track. Right before the DDS ran that rnd. there was an oil spill that took approx. 2 hrs to clean up. I was about 50 -60 feet off to the side of where the problem area was and they kept burning it off with alky, spraying and running the tractor over it. They were shaking their head and pointing to the very spot where Randy got loose when they said run them. Although some cars made it down that lane, Randy was not the only one to get loose in the same spot. I did not know it was in the exact same spot till Randy showed the video from the rear of his car after he run. Car is quick in the first 100-250 ft and hard to judge from the side what it is actually doing.

Regardless of the outcome, Randy did a good job.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 29th 2010, 8:48 pm

ky jelly has skillzs Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 29th 2010, 10:53 pm

bruno wrote:ky jelly has skillzs Wink
he's got a bed MoFOFoMoCo! Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

DDS video @ jackson tn Empty Re: DDS Video @ jackson tn

Post  Pro98Mustang August 29th 2010, 11:13 pm

Looking real good Randy, the car looks great. I hate that you got loose because I think that you would have won that round. I hate that we did not get to come up and race with you but the grandson had a football game that had to be played. Football is going to kill us for the next 5 or 6 weekends, man that is tuff!!

Pro98Mustang

http://bjanthony@centurytel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 29th 2010, 11:29 pm

Good job Randy Exclamation As usual you do us all proud. Very Happy Keep up the good work. I was watching the videos and everytime when you come up on the engine, right before you unkey, the left side drivers door flexes open about 3/8" to 1/2" and I'm wondering what is causing that? All in all, the car is looking good. Cool

Pat Freels is a friend of mine and is the father of Robbie "Rocket Man" Freels. Robbie has been running the Jegs Super Quick 32 circuit and won the show last weekend at Coles County Dragway in Charleston, IL last weekend. He beat Kristina in the 3rd round,,,, Evil or Very Mad

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE August 30th 2010, 6:41 am

c.evans wrote:......the left side drivers door flexes open about 3/8" to 1/2" .........
I could swear I remember one of the old videos where it has done that before, but I'm not sure. Maybe the door just isn't getting latched all the way vs the latch being fully locked & then popping/vibrating loose.

In the first video you can see a tire scrub path driving to the right (across the lane) about even with the tree, about the same spot where Randy's car also made a move to the right. There isn't much you can do about an oiled lane except hope for the best. At a recent PM show at the Kennedale track one of the blown bbc guys broke a rod during the burnout & either the rod or a piece of the block cut open the oil filter. Even with a diaper it made a major mess from the box to a little past the tree. The Kennedale staff worked their ass off trying to clean up the mess. But dispite their contuining efforts in the end the lane just never came back 100% that night. The hot 100*+ summer heat (and if synthetic oils were used) probably didn't help matters either.

In the second video at first I was thinking maybe the car was staged a little out of the groove to the right, but after looking at it a few more times I'm not sure. It might just be the angle of the shot making it look that way to me.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv August 30th 2010, 12:44 pm

Good job Randy, paint looks GReat!
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang August 30th 2010, 2:20 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
c.evans wrote:......the left side drivers door flexes open about 3/8" to 1/2" .........
I could swear I remember one of the old videos where it has done that before, but I'm not sure. Maybe the door just isn't getting latched all the way vs the latch being fully locked & then popping/vibrating loose.
In the second video at first I was thinking maybe the car was staged a little out of the groove to the right, but after looking at it a few more times I'm not sure. It might just be the angle of the shot making it look that way to me.
Randy said he just needs to adjust the door latch. I shut it in the staging lanes and by the time he finishes his burnout I have to push it in again. It's latched and doesn't look like it would come open, but still bothers me to see it.

Dave, I think he was in the groove but close to being too far to the right. Dowdy was helping me get him lined up and we talked about that after the pass. But Randy also went a little to the right in that same area on the first pass. And like BCR said, this was after the oil down.
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang August 30th 2010, 2:28 pm

Pro98Mustang wrote:Looking real good Randy, the car looks great. I hate that you got loose because I think that you would have won that round. I hate that we did not get to come up and race with you but the grandson had a football game that had to be played. Football is going to kill us for the next 5 or 6 weekends, man that is tuff!!
He did have a good chance at winning that one. He had a much better reaction time, and with a good clean pass could have beat him. It would have been great to have you guys there. We need another Ford against all those Chevys!
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang August 30th 2010, 2:32 pm

c.evans wrote:Pat Freels is a friend of mine and is the father of Robbie "Rocket Man" Freels. Robbie has been running the Jegs Super Quick 32 circuit and won the show last weekend at Coles County Dragway in Charleston, IL last weekend. He beat Kristina in the 3rd round,,,, Evil or Very Mad

Charlie
I'm glad they came down and raced with us. It was nice to meet Pat Freels and get to see Jared again. They pitted beside us so we got to talk a few times. The race Randy has on video with Pat running Louie Williams was my favorite race of the night. Two great sounding cars, side by side all the way down the track. (Would have been better if one was a blue & silver Mustang Wink )
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  joker 377 September 1st 2010, 12:04 am

We had a great time. Pat really enjoys that type of racing. There were definately alot of nice cars there and all of them put on a show. I know it's not a Ford, but that GTO is a cool car and I enjoy helping Pat as much as I can.
By the way Randy, your new paint job is AWESOME! Beautiful car. Glad to see you this weekend and will see you again at the NMRA race in Bowling Green. Keep on the lookout for some pics for us.
joker 377
joker 377

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY September 1st 2010, 9:14 am

found this one

DDS video @ jackson tn 46794_150575924961352_100000268365921_374385_5091145_n
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  joker 377 September 1st 2010, 9:28 pm

Thanks
joker 377
joker 377

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 1st 2010, 9:42 pm

the fox is in the hen house.....the pixies may never be the same.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down