BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.85 wheelstand pass

+18
dadof384k
PROSTREET66
cool40
KY JELLY
dfree383
NOS42
ThndrChkn
Treeyasoon
whatbumper
Lem Evans
bb429power
69F100
hillbillyerv
605FOX
bbf-falcon
Old blue Racin Team
richter69
bruno
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5.85 wheelstand pass  - Page 2 Empty Re: 5.85 wheelstand pass

Post  PROSTREET66 August 31st 2010, 2:59 pm

How truly spoken my friend.Don't want to see anyone hurt or killed.and especially any of our brothers from this site!!!It's good that we are all so passonite about our sport and this site.
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  dadof384k August 31st 2010, 4:23 pm

not sure about a lot of girls.......... but i know one that's on here that will most likely hand you ur ass. todd

dadof384k

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 August 31st 2010, 4:25 pm

richter69 wrote:..............and lots of people with no "car" either..............
I do have a car, just not done yet....and just for the record I have gone faster than you in the 1/8 and the 1/4....going fast is what we all stride for....sometimes you need to look outside the box and open your eyes...sorry

cool40 wrote:
NOS42 wrote:alot of girls, haters and way to serious bracket racers on this site
aint you the guy with a snow rocket? Question Question
yup

it just cracks me up whenever Nick puts up a vid of any outlaw class style races, some have small hissy fits about the background music or how "dangerous" those drivers are......have you ever figured that every guy that races in that class and likewise classes are truley aware of what possibly might happen? for some strange reason that style of racing is growing...a little at a time, but growing none the less....if you dont feel comfortable racing against them, dont.....if you feel better about running a big tire and bars....then run'um, nobody is forcing anyone to run against these guys...i for one enjoy watching these events, the guys are very good sportsman, and I would like to be able to compete myself in some sort of class that they may have to fit my car
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 August 31st 2010, 4:26 pm

dadof384k wrote:not sure about a lot of girls.......... but i know one that's on here that will most likely hand you ur ass. todd
ok and thank you
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 31st 2010, 4:28 pm

NOS42 wrote:
richter69 wrote:..............and lots of people with no "car" either..............
I do have a car, just not done yet....and just for the record I have gone faster than you in the 1/8 and the 1/4....going fast is what we all stride for....sometimes you need to look outside the box and open your eyes...sorry

cool40 wrote:
NOS42 wrote:alot of girls, haters and way to serious bracket racers on this site
aint you the guy with a snow rocket? Question Question
yup

it just cracks me up whenever Nick puts up a vid of any outlaw class style races, some have small hissy fits about the background music or how "dangerous" those drivers are......have you ever figured that every guy that races in that class and likewise classes are truley aware of what possibly might happen? for some strange reason that style of racing is growing...a little at a time, but growing none the less....if you dont feel comfortable racing against them, dont.....if you feel better about running a big tire and bars....then run'um, nobody is forcing anyone to run against these guys...i for one enjoy watching these events, the guys are very good sportsman, and I would like to be able to compete myself in some sort of class that they may have to fit my car

I could poke a 6 cyl in a rail and go faster than that snow rocket....................but whats the point................last I looked it was a BB Ford site.

I rekon I could put 500 hp worth of spray on top of this new mill and ride a wheelie down the track................phuck up my shit......loose the round..................but hey I'd look cool and thats all that matters.................. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 31st 2010, 4:33 pm

On second thought I tell ya what, all you cool lookin' guys can ride all the wheelies you want, I'll be in the other lane with my boring ride collecting my check...................and after all, isn't that what we all strive for?????
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 August 31st 2010, 4:35 pm

man your easy
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 31st 2010, 4:38 pm

NOS42 wrote:man your easy

whatever that means.....................lol. must be a yellowbullet thing.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 31st 2010, 5:14 pm

richter69 wrote:On second thought I tell ya what, all you cool lookin' guys can ride all the wheelies you want, I'll be in the other lane with my boring ride collecting my check...................and after all, isn't that what we all strive for?????

dont hate because im beautiful Laughing

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 31st 2010, 5:17 pm

I have the power to wheelie and ANY point in the track. What makes us good is the fact that we don't..................................usually Laughing

But as we all know. $hit happens.

But........................we lift.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 31st 2010, 5:58 pm

NOS42 wrote: for some strange reason that style of racing is growing...a little at a time, but growing none the less....if you dont feel comfortable racing against them, dont.....if you feel better about running a big tire and bars....then run'um, nobody is forcing anyone to run against these guys...i for one enjoy watching these events, the guys are very good sportsman, and I would like to be able to compete myself in some sort of class that they may have to fit my car

That's because some of the rule makers who are in most cases the promoters too, want them to do the big wheel stands. It's adds thrill and excitement to the event. They could care less if the guy wrecks his car, they're not paying for it and the only loss they face is the time to clean up the mess. We see it at our track all the time, the bigger the wheel stand the better.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 31st 2010, 9:21 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:
NOS42 wrote: for some strange reason that style of racing is growing...a little at a time, but growing none the less....if you dont feel comfortable racing against them, dont.....if you feel better about running a big tire and bars....then run'um, nobody is forcing anyone to run against these guys...i for one enjoy watching these events, the guys are very good sportsman, and I would like to be able to compete myself in some sort of class that they may have to fit my car

That's because some of the rule makers who are in most cases the promoters too, want them to do the big wheel stands. It's adds thrill and excitement to the event. They could care less if the guy wrecks his car, they're not paying for it and the only loss they face is the time to clean up the mess. We see it at our track all the time, the bigger the wheel stand the better.

Bingo. Big wheelies and cars racing out of control....put lots of butts in the bleachers ($$$$) but don't make for good side by side racing or a smoothly run program. If you're just a fan, I guess it's fun to watch....If you're in one of the cars, not so much. I think a smart racer will APPLY the laws of physics rather than DEFY them. JMO.

maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon August 31st 2010, 9:50 pm

What is funny to me is the mentality of it all....I read the posts on the Bullet about this same video....
Everyone was saying how big Mr. Handy's balls were and how great of a "driving " job he did to go 5.85 on the bumper.....I did not see ANY driving going on at all.

That video would have looked quite a bit different if everything did not go perfect.....one small slick spot, wander out of the groove, and that car was hunting a guard-rail or worse yet, the other car.

Do I like to watch it? Yes I do but,....It makes me nervous. Would/could I get one down the track? I would relish the chance to just have to "get there first" for a change....with no worry of breaking-out. And I hope I would be a little nervous then too.

A "great" driver knows when to hang with it and when not to....There are a bunch of people taking and making a bunch of risks just to try to be the "man" for the day.....

These are just some of my observations....carry on.

Jeff
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 31st 2010, 11:09 pm

the headsup racing does draw the crowd and i like watching it too,but the rules are far too "slack".every year somebody dies in one.i dont see why they dont run bars on them,but dont give a shit. like my uncle said about drinken whiskey "everybody that likes it ought to have some". Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 1st 2010, 11:53 pm

These overkill wheelstand deals are a fuuk'n waste of energy, would you rather hang the wheels high or be farther down the track? It's fine to say that the driver knows the risk to himself if one of these moon-shot rides gets real crazy one pass and goes too far up-on the bumper like in the video. But at that point he's not really a "driver" anymore, he's just along for the ride & praying it doesn't come down falling over the guardwall & killing a bunch people.

It would be a different story if the guardrails/guardwalls were high enough to contain a bumperstand gone wrong. If they were that tall then I say go for it, scrape that back bumper & crush the headers & oil pan all you want.

It is a very real possibility that if some/enough fans should get killed from one of these "bumperstand gone wrong" deals, eventually some racing circuit will end up requiring radio controlled kill-boxes (like the monster trucks) for these wheels up 10.5 shows. Kinda hard to pedal a car during a too high moon-shot to soften the landing if the engine has been shut down by an offical.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrodder September 2nd 2010, 8:23 am

Last weekend my FED started hanging the wheels high (well, seemed high to me) in the air and this weekend she's getting bar's. Love my car too much to mess her up by either losing it or bending the chassis on the way back down. First time it lifted them i backed off and got them down. Second time I waited a little longer and saw they had reached there max height (about 1.5 - 2ft up) so stuck with it till she come down on her own and ran an 8.68 @ 155. Next run out she came up and down, and up again and down, and made a move towards the centerline just before the 1/8th. To 330ft she was 0.03 faster so im sure that would have been at least 0.05 at the finish line. Think she just unsettled the tyres but dont particularly want her doing that again. On a side note - can anyone make any recommendations on length and also initial height. Want her to go faster, see if i cant make the 8.50's

hotrodder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2