BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antilock brake ?

2 posters

Go down

Antilock brake ? Empty Antilock brake ?

Post  SCJF350 August 26th 2009, 3:18 pm

It's not a Ford but I need some advice. The warden took her 1994 s-10 blazer in to have a front wheel bearing replaced. The next day while driving @ highway speeds the brake warning lights all came on & it acted like she was stoping on ice. She took it back to the garage & they tested it & said that the controler was bad & recorded one wheel @ 285 mph, & the other @ 224 mph. Bottom line is $800.00 repair. At town speeds there are no error lights & the brake work fine. This lemon has crossed the line of repair costs & I would like to just run it until it dies. So the big question,....is there any danger that the brakes will fail completly @ town driving? Is there a way to bypass the antilock & make it act like normal brakes? Sad part is that due to a mistake by our local chevy garage they had to put in a brand new motor that now only has 17,000 miles on it. Because of that I have maintaned & replaced almost everything other than the drivetrain. Garage said brake controller $800.00 Rear pinion bearing $800.00 & busted motor mount $325.00 I just can't dump any more $$$ into this thing. I'd like to drive it till it drops & then sell the carcas.
Ken

SCJF350

Back to top Go down

Antilock brake ? Empty Re: Antilock brake ?

Post  96Mustang460cid August 26th 2009, 3:41 pm

It sounds like it didn't stop very well with the ABS hooked up...so I would be cautious driving it in the same condition.

Maybe you can pull the ABS fuse? What about removing the ABS module from the car completely (I did this to my 2003 F150)?

Have a good day!
Michael
96Mustang460cid
96Mustang460cid

Back to top Go down

Post  SCJF350 August 26th 2009, 4:00 pm

That's what I was looking for. Some way to disable, or run without the ABS until something else fails. I don't know how / if they are all tied in with the cumputer / fuel systems etc. If I do something so it won't run the warden will put me in solitary.
Ken

SCJF350

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down