BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One day and a wake up..........

4 posters

Go down

One day and a wake up.......... Empty One day and a wake up..........

Post  ThndrChkn September 3rd 2010, 1:51 am

Well, only one more day until things get under way for my first race as a promoter. We were working on the track tonight, and just before we got done, my son pops a big surprise on me. He got bit by a freakin' bat!!! Shocked Shocked
One day and a wake up.......... Cid__0902102103
This pic was taken after I kicked a field goal with it. Laughing Laughing Needless to say, that bat definitely had better days than tonight.
I took him to the ER, along with the bat, and I guess we'll find out in a few days if the bat was infected or not. Other than that, things are shaping up nicely. Got the lights set up and tested tonight, everything works great. With this race, I'm changing things up a bit. Just to be different, I'm making it different from any other race we have here in this state. Due to the requests of some of the prospective racers regarding electronics vs. non-electronics, I pulled all of the amber bulbs, and we're gonna run it from stage, straight to green. That's definitely going to level the playing field a bit. To tell you the truth, I tried it a couple of times tonight, just on the launch, and I'll just say this; I'm glad I'm not racing!! Laughing Laughing It really sucks!! Laughing Laughing I think it's gonna be a blast though, just because it's so much different than what the other tracks around here are doing. I went red a few times just because I caught myself anticipating the green.

I'm really hoping we get 80 cars, then I can guarantee the payout. Which will make it even more fun. Also, the High School Shootout is looking pretty good as far as kids being interested. If they all show up, it should be a pretty decent race as well. I'll keep y'all posted how she goes.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

One day and a wake up.......... Empty Re: One day and a wake up..........

Post  bbf-falcon September 3rd 2010, 10:44 pm

Hope it goes well for you Doug,you work hard and deserve good returns.Have a great weekend my friend Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 3rd 2010, 10:50 pm

Good luck bro!! Get-r-done !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 3rd 2010, 11:56 pm

Good Luck Doug

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down