BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many racers

+24
Lonewolf1970
GTmustang
bb429power
Mark Miller
KY JELLY
D's557BBF
TravisRice
342g
Bigshank
maverick
Lem Evans
richter69
IDT-572
BB94STANG
'65 T-BOLT
Larry Williams
83-88T-Bird Guy
56Tbird
Wheelie58
bruno
prosandguy
512Fairlane
dfree383
bbf-falcon
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many racers - Page 2 Empty Re: How many racers

Post  bbf-falcon September 5th 2010, 10:31 pm

Had a really fun weekend guy's. And yes it acts like a different car w.single 4 intake,but I had to lap the valves in also.It had a bunch of ex. valves that were leaking,so I pulled the heads and lapped them myself Rolling Eyes ,but the converter gremlins are still there.When it shifts you can hardly tell and its on a 7500 chip 100' before the traps w/4.30 gear,so a converter will help a bunch.It ran 8.90's at 150 @ 1/4 and the 1/8mi.times were in the low 5.60 range. It's 2941# w/me in it so I think the converter will get me where I want it.
Like Brandon posted I got down to 4 cars in Nostalgia foot brake class and the guy that beat me was the event winner.Car ran a string of 9.05/06's on FB except for one round it went 8.98.So I was happy to bring home some money and a unbroken Race car home Laughing
Gary Varney won Sat.in S/P after changing a flywheel during Time trials. Then he won the runoffs between B1/B2/B3. And then Today he runnered up again in S/P. So if any body needs to float a loan,Gary is packin a hefty wadd after this weekend. Good Job Gary,you are my hErO Wink
Also got to hang out w/some good Forum buddies this weekend,And I want to thank them All.Brandon Reid and his son Drew,Mike(GoinPostal) Barker,Mark(Big Shank)Shank, Bob Cochran ,my brother Bob for all the great food,and Bill and his wife. Also got to visit w/big Chuck(tiny)Hager and his Mom/dad,and the cute little Bomb shell Blonde he brought w/him.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshank September 5th 2010, 10:36 pm

u make it to work lol! had great time today
Bigshank
Bigshank

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 5th 2010, 10:45 pm

Bigshank wrote:u make it to work lol! had great time today

Yep,timed it just perfect Laughing pulled in the driveway,went in the house,washed my face,kissed Jack,patted Sooz on the head Embarassed Razz Laughing and headed for work.Now i'm all tucked in for the long nite Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 5th 2010, 11:18 pm

Good job man........but you spelled HeRo wrong lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g September 5th 2010, 11:30 pm

Good job Rick, glad everything worked out for you, spend your money wisely. Laughing Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice September 6th 2010, 9:27 am

Good to see the car is coming around. A few more tweaks and it will be putting out some big numbers.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF September 6th 2010, 10:19 am

Great Job Rick!! cheers
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 6th 2010, 10:29 am

BB94STANG wrote:Rick's down to the last 4!!!

......and racing is fun again. Cool Congratulations, Rick. cheers
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY September 6th 2010, 10:32 am

congrats and way to go Rick Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 6th 2010, 11:14 am

Good job Rick,figures the one time i don't make it to NMRA Columbus race you run some good numbers.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 6th 2010, 12:53 pm

I went up north, to the dunes, to the mud bogs, and to the sand drags. Its cool to see them run on sand for a change! Man that stuff was flying in the air when the big dogs came out, a couple altereds with paddle tires were there. Then some trucks, I will put paddles on my truck and run there some time if my axle can handle it.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang September 6th 2010, 2:20 pm

My Mustang wasn't ready, so I took my 5.7 Hemi powered '05 Ram pickup over to the Boyne City Street Drags. I ran a Super Duty Dually on my first pass and went 10.25/70 in the 1/8th Shocked to his 12.6/56 for the win. On the next pass, I ended up lined up against my buddies supercharged 360 powered '94 Dakota. I cut my quickest light ever (not saying much!) and had him by .19 off the line before he blew by me before 60'! I ran 10.3/69 to his 7.1/102. It was fun, but I didn't stand a chance. I took a stab at the light figuring if I could catch him sleeping at the tree, I might be able pull off a miracle. It was great, better than sitting home and watching the US Nationals on TV. Now I'm fired up and hoping to get my Mustang to the strip in the next couple of weeks.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 6th 2010, 3:18 pm

Sounds like fun, where were those races held?

http://michiganmotorheads.forumjonction.com/forum.htm
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 September 6th 2010, 4:30 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Had a really fun weekend guy's. And yes it acts like a different car w.single 4 intake,but I had to lap the valves in also.It had a bunch of ex. valves that were leaking,so I pulled the heads and lapped them myself Rolling Eyes ,but the converter gremlins are still there.When it shifts you can hardly tell and its on a 7500 chip 100' before the traps w/4.30 gear,so a converter will help a bunch.It ran 8.90's at 150 @ 1/4 and the 1/8mi.times were in the low 5.60 range. It's 2941# w/me in it so I think the converter will get me where I want it.
Like Brandon posted I got down to 4 cars in Nostalgia foot brake class and the guy that beat me was the event winner.Car ran a string of 9.05/06's on FB except for one round it went 8.98.So I was happy to bring home some money and a unbroken Race car home Laughing
Gary Varney won Sat.in S/P after changing a flywheel during Time trials. Then he won the runoffs between B1/B2/B3. And then Today he runnered up again in S/P. So if any body needs to float a loan,Gary is packin a hefty wadd after this weekend. Good Job Gary,you are my hErO Wink
Also got to hang out w/some good Forum buddies this weekend,And I want to thank them All.Brandon Reid and his son Drew,Mike(GoinPostal) Barker,Mark(Big Shank)Shank, Bob Cochran ,my brother Bob for all the great food,and Bill and his wife. Also got to visit w/big Chuck(tiny)Hager and his Mom/dad,and the cute little Bomb shell Blonde he brought w/him.
Hey Rick it is always good to see you,Sooz,and THE BADDES LITTLE jake russell JACK.And Rick you just made the LITTLE BLONDE BOMB SHELLS day.She is having a bad day.Her name is Stef and her LITTLE BAD ASS TINKER BELL.
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace September 6th 2010, 5:07 pm

Rick

Sound like a awesome weekend.. I parked the car to save it for the kids to get their license's on the 28-29th of this month at the Frank Hawley school using my car. But were also waiting to take delivery of a new (used Division 5 champion) 4-link 556 ford powered dragster as well.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 6th 2010, 6:27 pm

Congrats Rick. Glad you're gettin' some quality seat time now. You certainly deserve it after fighting all the bugs you had earlier.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang September 6th 2010, 7:35 pm

bb429power wrote:Sounds like fun, where were those races held?

At the airport in Boyne City MI. The Boyne City Police Dept. holds a charity drag race twice a year on the Sunday of Memorial day weekend and Labor day weekend. Its 1/8th mile side by side racing. They race from noon till 6pm and it only costs $30 to run. There is no real tech inspection and alot of the cars are fast street cars that wouldn't be legal at any real drag strip. The Dakota I ran did 7.1/102 and has factory seat belts and doesn't have a roll bar.
http://gov.boynecity.com/government.phtml?catid=293
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 6th 2010, 7:43 pm

Congratulations Rick. Once you get your converter where you need it, you'll really be flying! Not doing too bad now! cheers
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 6th 2010, 8:02 pm

GTmustang wrote:
bb429power wrote:Sounds like fun, where were those races held?

At the airport in Boyne City MI. The Boyne City Police Dept. holds a charity drag race twice a year on the Sunday of Memorial day weekend and Labor day weekend. Its 1/8th mile side by side racing. They race from noon till 6pm and it only costs $30 to run. There is no real tech inspection and alot of the cars are fast street cars that wouldn't be legal at any real drag strip. The Dakota I ran did 7.1/102 and has factory seat belts and doesn't have a roll bar.
http://gov.boynecity.com/government.phtml?catid=293
Gary
That's pretty cool, you don't need to go fast to have fun. Smile I didn't realize how far Rodgers city was from here.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 6th 2010, 10:19 pm

Thanks to all you guy's that i've bugged through the last year trying to get this deal straightened halfway out. Seems like it's been a trying year for alot of us this past year. I tell ya what,you show me a person that thinks he knows all there is to know about a engine,and I will show you a guy that WILL get humbled beyond belief BY a engine. Embarassed
I think the right converter will put LiL Tweety in the ballpark to where it should be. It finally WAS actually fun again Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 6th 2010, 10:29 pm

[Hey Rick it is always good to see you,Sooz,and THE BADDES LITTLE jake russell JACK.And Rick you just made the LITTLE BLONDE BOMB SHELLS day.She is having a bad day.Her name is Stef and her LITTLE BAD ASS TINKER BELL.[/quote]

Chuck,
Tell Stef she needs to Hang w/all of us more often.She will always be havin Fun and never having a BAD day Very Happy . That Tinker Bell was a cute LiL thang. Jack said he never seen a Dog that damn BIG before Laughing
Tell Mom/Dad Me and Sooz really enjoyed our visit w/them. You sure are lucky to have great parents that support your passion and enjoy goin to the races w/you. I can't wait till we can all do it all again.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  audietorino72 September 6th 2010, 11:18 pm

Hey Rick, sounds like LIL TWEETY is really running great hope you get the converter you want and she will really FLY !!! Have lots of fun and tell Susie I said hi.....

Audie

audietorino72

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 6th 2010, 11:21 pm

Thanks Audie,How is LiL Tweety's engine doing in the Torino Question Have you been cruisin much Question

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  audietorino72 September 6th 2010, 11:29 pm

Hey Rick, It's doing good all done but exhaust and should go friday for that, took it for some test drives today just playing around and just getting into it a little with my father-in-law with me hit secound and put us sideways in the middle of the road shocked both of us really can't wait to get it out and play but might have to get some good tires for the back or she could be a little scary !!!

Audie

audietorino72

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2