BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance

4 posters

Go down

Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance Empty Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance

Post  GTmustang September 24th 2010, 12:11 pm

I remember seeing how someone cut their core support and added tubing to the bottom in order to move the radiator fwd to get more radiator clearance. I was unable to find anything by searching and was hoping that someone could show me pictures of how they did this on their own cars. I'm going to need a new core support to repair my car after hitting the wall, and I figure that this would be a good time to do this. Besides that, moving the radiator and fans forward would have prevented my accident. I'd appreciate any help or advice you could give me.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance Empty Core support

Post  Dagwood September 24th 2010, 1:57 pm

This is the one I found and used for ideas.

http://www.pbase.com/mdstreetracing/another_mustang
Dagwood
Dagwood

Back to top Go down

Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance Empty Re: Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance

Post  bruno September 27th 2010, 9:18 pm

thanks for the link Rick

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance Empty Re: Need photos of how to modify Core support on Fox body for radiator to engine clearance

Post  72mav September 27th 2010, 10:34 pm

Heck Gary, Thats what I'd do on that link. Get your shock-tower alignment checked, and whack off the bent rails and inners. Just make sure the the radiator fill is higher than the thermostat housing when your done.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum