BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You gotta do everything yourself.........

5 posters

Go down

You gotta do everything yourself......... Empty You gotta do everything yourself.........

Post  richter69 September 24th 2010, 6:52 pm

......if you want it done right I guess. Little brother had a spare smallblock done by a machine shop we use often, I had no hand in it..........well he just called and said the dizzy locked up after 2 minutes of initial run in...........MSD deal, the machinist had to pop the gear and shaft to lock it in and put the bronze deal on. I
ll go pull the one out of the motor in the car and take it with me in the morning.....if all goes well we will pull it and see what it makes............should be stouter than the last one.....if all goes well lol.

On a similar note the wife hired an independant contractor to remodel our master bath............more or less its a screwed up mess I'm gonna have to damn near rip out and redo myself I rekon. I din't pay him all the money he thinks he deserves..........he's lucky I dont whip his ass over this deal.

I guess I need to buy some Bob Villa tools and do this crap myself, morel is if you want it done right then well you know lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

You gotta do everything yourself......... Empty Re: You gotta do everything yourself.........

Post  Lem Evans September 24th 2010, 7:12 pm

So don't lock up a msd advance . Light springs will do it and yes do it yourself.
Seems everytime I hire someone to adj. my barrel valve they it screw up Evil or Very Mad

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

You gotta do everything yourself......... Empty Re: You gotta do everything yourself.........

Post  richter69 September 24th 2010, 7:15 pm

I got a trick tool to take the thing apart..............funny I never f'd one up. The guy had hell with it from what he said, and had a height issue when he "fixed" it.

I'm too anal I guess, takes me forever to put stuff together................but it works..the first time.

It had to come apart anyway to swap the gears....roller deal you know........... Laughing

Besides if brother would have had his HeRo brother put it together we wouldn't be in this mess.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 24th 2010, 7:34 pm

"It had to come apart anyway to swap the gears....roller deal you know......"
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Not needed for a gear only change. He flipped the collar or installed the gear too low or both.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 24th 2010, 7:37 pm

Lem Evans wrote:"It had to come apart anyway to swap the gears....roller deal you know......"
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Not needed for a gear only change. He flipped the collar or installed the gear too low or both.

I realize that...............the guy owns a machine shop and does this for a living.............you think he could figure it out................guess not.........

We'll use the dizzy I locked out.............it aint f'ed up lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 24th 2010, 9:59 pm

if the dizzy's a new CHINA made MSD it could just be a POS.i have one that came from summit years ago and it was the biggest POS i ever paid money for and the last msd dizzy i'll buy.JMO Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 25th 2010, 8:28 am

hey i just drove my truck 8hours straight ....... hopefully it will bring me home on sun. ....29.5 TTF

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 25th 2010, 11:19 am

Machinist must be a Chevrolet guy ...
Changing the gear on a Ford distributor, (any brand), is not just a simple "off & on". A new hole has to be drilled in the shaft 99% of the time in order to get the location correct.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 25th 2010, 2:19 pm

Got back from the dyno, he did have the gear in the wrong spot and it shoved the collar into the base of the dizzy, the heat must have welded it together. Now the guy who put this together is not the same person who owns the machine shop we dyno at....so it was none of his doing.

Popped the other dizzy in it, they also used a .500 taper style plug where these heads use a .750 gasket type............I had some old ones from the BB so i took them along. She busted off without a hitch and we ran it in for 20 minutes. I ran the valves....then after a dozen of so pulls this stock bottom end 5.0 made a tad over 550hp n/a.............. Very Happy It just needed a HeRo's touch............... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down