BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again

2 posters

Go down

Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again Empty Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again

Post  72mav September 28th 2010, 3:55 pm

Maybe this is old news, but new to me.
F250 Mike informed me of this. I talked to some folks in Lansing that are in the know. Looks like its going to happen! bounce cheers cheers
Concrete starting pads are up with new guardrails. And new bleachers have been bought.

Its down to environment surveys and all that bullshit, thanks to the locals. The township already issued a permit to open. But its been held up thanks to the tree-huggers. But things look good.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again Empty Re: Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again

Post  bb429power September 28th 2010, 4:01 pm

Yep I've been following the progress for a very long time now.
Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again File
Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again 2879675390051583140S600x600Q85
Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again 2537159090051583140S600x600Q85
Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again 2386814770051583140S600x600Q85
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again Empty Re: Back from the dead, Onnadega Dragway lives again

Post  72mav September 28th 2010, 4:20 pm

Thanks for the pics Justin,
The next to the last photo is the new returnroad. This is gonna be GREAT!! Its only around forty or so miles from me.
I better shut the hell up before I jinx this whole deal Rolling Eyes Embarassed

I dont think they would be spending money if it wasnt a sure thing, especially in this day and age.
Wonder what the sanction will be? Would like to I.H.R.A., but their line-up is shrinking.

Veteran anouncer Jon Lunberg, said he would anounce at Spartan Speedway on Friday nights (Lansing).
Then do Detroit on Saturday.Then drive Sat night to Onadegga. Sleep behind the snack bar, and anounce on Sunday! Laughing

I may be making a big deal out of this. But how manny tracks have we lost nation-wide? You figure the memories/etc.

I guess Im a old Dinosaur.....
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 28th 2010, 4:28 pm

No, your right. I couldn't imagine losing Milan, there are memories there. My first race was there, and we always like to hang out down there and watch the drags.

They actually have been doing some car shows and races, but right now they aren't because of the resurfacing. The track is the longest one in MI, its a 1/4 mile but they are only making it an 1/8 mile because of the resurfacing costs. The guy in charge is under a lot of stress right now, so the forum is temporarily changed. It was thenewonondagadragway.com but now its http://www.badblackz.com/index.php?sid=c0fb7d08cdb109164bcbfd6e5614db91

I was looking at this track and all before they even started to open it up, it is on a farmers property. I have always wanted to go there and see what it was like, but I wanted to go BEFORE they got it up and going and resurfaced you know?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav September 28th 2010, 4:48 pm

It was just turned into a cowpasture like all the rest. The new pics look like its newly paved all the way to me.

The ONE I always wished to re-open was Tri-City, up in Saginaw/Freeland. It was 5,000Ft long! Kalitta used to fly in down-track, make runs, and leave!
Only problem was the pits were small. And a portion of them were rented from the airport next door. Some racers tried arround 1985 to re-open it but the airport deal killed it.

Now according to new airport regs state they have to have so much property surrounding them. So a re-opening will never happen there. Sad Sad Sad

I spent many weekends there growing up. Just a memorie now.......
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 28th 2010, 5:03 pm

Here's where I first found out about Onondaga. Select a different dragway and see different info about the other dragways in MI, its pretty cool.
http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/dragway.aspx?id=1328&Type=6
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum