BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added

+3
Nevs
'65 T-BOLT
512Fairlane
7 posters

Go down

Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added Empty Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added

Post  512Fairlane October 8th 2010, 9:48 pm

NMCA World Finals today at St. Louis. There are some pretty quick Fords on the premises. Saw a 65 Fairlane go a 7.49 at 183 mph (Blue Thunder Heads and a bottle in the trunk). Several of the Roush cars are there along with Donnie Bowles' Maverick. Even saw an Evans Racing Sponsored Buick?? Apparently Charlie was quite the Buick man before he became the BBF head guru. Lots and lots of turbo cars. I don't think I've seen the track this full (even during the prime World Ford Challenge years). I'll try to bring the camera tomorrow.

Last edited by 512Fairlane on October 9th 2010, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added Empty Re: Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added

Post  '65 T-BOLT October 8th 2010, 10:35 pm

get a few pictures of that 65 Fairlane! If it were black...it might be Pete Ricart....think thats how his last name is spelled..he is from those parts....
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added Empty It was black

Post  512Fairlane October 8th 2010, 10:43 pm

It was black and I think that may have been the name on the window. It was a pretty slick piece. Carbon fiber wheel tubs, etc. I think it may have had the stock frame rails and core support in the front but it had a lot of reinforcement around them. Tubular A-ams and coil overs. The windows still rolled down and it had steel bumpers on it. Looked about as stock as a 7.49 car can look but had a great stance. Very cool. When I saw it roll into the water I thought maybe it was a low 9 or high 8 car. The announcer of course didn't know what it was. He called it a Galaxie.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added Empty Re: Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added

Post  Nevs October 8th 2010, 11:02 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:get a few pictures of that 65 Fairlane! If it were black...it might be Pete Ricart....think thats how his last name is spelled..he is from those parts....

Pete is from the Columbus, Ohio area if memory serves me correct. Nice guy and a beautiful car.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane October 8th 2010, 11:17 pm

That's probably him. If he was from around here I'm sure I would have seen it before. Nice car. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 9th 2010, 1:26 am

That's my man Jim Netherland from Columbia, TN in the Super/Stock Buick. He won the NMCA world championship in NS/S a couple of years back. Cool Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 9th 2010, 7:42 am

512Fairlane wrote: Apparently Charlie was quite the Buick man before he became the BBF head guru.

He still thinks "he's quite a man" at times! That's when Lem and myself jerk his chain and put him back in-line!

Dave. Rolling Eyes

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav October 9th 2010, 11:13 am

Being a former Flint, Michigan native, Ill root for the ole Bu-Hog!. Thats what we used to call them. Sure brings back memories. Yeah, memories Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Yeah, Mike we surely need some pics! Especially that Buick Wink Razz
Thanks.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 9th 2010, 2:25 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:get a few pictures of that 65 Fairlane! If it were black...it might be Pete Ricart....think thats how his last name is spelled..he is from those parts....

Pete is from Columbus,I'm pretty sure it a 638 C heads, dual 4's and using 3 stages, built by Kaase. He was at trails doing the King of Columbus deal. He ran a 4.71 w/10.5 tires. He is the brother of Ricart Ford owner(Worlds largest Ford dealer).

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Bad A Fords at NMCA World Finals-Pics Added Empty Pictures Maybe

Post  512Fairlane October 9th 2010, 10:21 pm

I'm not a photographer and I'm not sure if this will work or not but lets try this link.

https://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/Happyang/NMCA%20STL%202010/?start=all
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT October 9th 2010, 10:29 pm

Thanks for the pictures!.....love my 65's
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane October 9th 2010, 10:36 pm

That car was pretty cool. I think I may copy some of his front suspension ideas. If you want me to email those to you for your files let me know. The rear end shot didn't come out. I tried just sticking the camera under there but it was pretty blurry. He had his hands full in the class he was running. There were some high 6 second cars in it.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT October 10th 2010, 9:54 pm

yes! please do send me the pictures! Thanks Jason
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down