BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you use transbrake to get a ideal when reading plugs?

Go down

Can you use transbrake to get a ideal when reading plugs? Empty Can you use transbrake to get a ideal when reading plugs?

Post  Ed501 October 11th 2010, 9:04 am

I have been told by alot of people that Barry grants need alot more jet then what they come with. Jetted it up a couple sizes and it seemed to help. Hard to read plugs at track and get it into neutral with a reverse valve body and engine breaking in third makes that not work. I will jet it up next time at track and see if she picks up MPH. Would love to get it close first. Some people have been going up 5 jet sizes to get it right. Cars powerband is as flat as can be and other things make me think it very well could be too lean. Car wont 60ft off footbrake worth sh1t even with a 42 squirter in 750 silver claw-flows around 830 has 77 85 jets now. Thanks for any help..., ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Can you use transbrake to get a ideal when reading plugs? Empty wideband

Post  Ed501 October 12th 2010, 5:03 am

I will have a wideband of some sort next season, I suppose cars not really ready for track, but i sure was, lol. I have a list and its on it LOL. I guess i will have to try and figure out at last time at track. I have heard of guys using brake for fuel curve setting with computer cars , not good idea but thought i could atleast for couple sec. get a idea of plugs burnin if the laod doesnt lean it out too much. Worth a shot Sad

Ed501

Back to top Go down