BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, I went and done it tonight...........

+15
f250mike
bb429power
69F100
billandlori
reeseracing23
hillbillyerv
schmitty
D's557BBF
Greg_P
dfree383
56Tbird
bbf-falcon
72mav
DILLIGASDAVE
ThndrChkn
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well, I went and done it tonight........... Empty Well, I went and done it tonight...........

Post  ThndrChkn October 19th 2010, 12:39 am

I SOLD the 'ol Banana (rolling chassis) tonight. This will give me time to ponder things, and see what lies ahead. I'll be posting some more stuff in the Auction Block in the next day or so. I'll be around. Gotta take my lashin' ya know... Laughing It was a blast, and rest assured, it still will be for the new owner.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Well, I went and done it tonight........... Empty Re: Well, I went and done it tonight...........

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 19th 2010, 12:48 am

Are you going to a new/faster drag car, or a street car, or getting out?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Well, I went and done it tonight........... Empty Re: Well, I went and done it tonight...........

Post  ThndrChkn October 19th 2010, 12:53 am

Not sure yet what I'll be doin'. Time will tell, I'm in no hurry.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav October 19th 2010, 1:17 am

I'd hate to see a BBC in it What a Face Evil or Very Mad
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 19th 2010, 1:22 am

It's gettin' another BBF/C6 combo...... It's aaaaall good.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 19th 2010, 4:48 am

That ole truck is kind of a signature for you Doug,I will miss it Sad Good Luck Brother Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 19th 2010, 10:03 am

Doug ,I hate to see you sell your truck. I know you had a lot of hard work ,and fun in it. Good luck to you in the future..Well Rick ,I guess you'll be the new "Banana Boat" Captain now affraid king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 19th 2010, 10:06 am

That sucks to hear Doug..... You need to build a faster one !!!! Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P October 19th 2010, 10:44 am

Dam, Doug, I hate to hear that........

Hopefully you'll find another ride soon, but there's no rush.......... Yellow will still be well represented here......

Twisted Evil

Best of luck to ya,

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF October 19th 2010, 11:03 am

WOW! I loved that truck man. I bragged about it all the time. It was a true Chevy azz buster Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 19th 2010, 12:34 pm

I'm gonna have to go out and do some new recruiting for the "Truck Mafia". I'm getting to be one of the few left around here with a truck. All I know is that any time you can make a good sale on race stuff you do it and move on to another project. cheers to you bud.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv October 19th 2010, 12:42 pm

D's557BBF wrote:WOW! I loved that truck man. I bragged about it all the time. It was a true Chevy azz buster Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

x2 hate to see it go but good luck on your next project, Schmitty, i got a truck ( not finished) can i be in the Truck Mafia Question Laughing hope to finish it up soon Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 19th 2010, 12:44 pm

I ain't turning anyone away from membership in the "Truck Mafia" Erv. Very Happy If you got a truck you're in, running or not. Oh yeah, Doug does still have a Ford TRUCK, the tow/hunting rig has a blue oval on the front so he's still in. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv October 19th 2010, 1:03 pm

Thanks Schmitty, im in , i know my ole 63 wont ever be the truck that Doug`s was (is) but it will be fast enough fer a hillbilly cheers
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 October 19th 2010, 2:45 pm

ya need to fnd like a mid 60's comet or something like that Smile ,
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori October 19th 2010, 2:58 pm

Sorry to hear Doug. Hopefully on to bigger and better and WILDER rides!!! You know how to do it now, just repeat!!

Good luck, I am looking forward to seeing what you dream up Shocked

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 19th 2010, 4:44 pm

schmitty wrote:I ain't turning anyone away from membership in the "Truck Mafia" Erv. Very Happy If you got a truck you're in, running or not. Oh yeah, Doug does still have a Ford TRUCK, the tow/hunting rig has a blue oval on the front so he's still in. Cool

Schmitty add me in to your list the ranger finally got to make a pass so it offically a drag truck not as fast as Doug's was but maybe in time it will be.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 19th 2010, 4:49 pm

69F100 wrote:
schmitty wrote:I ain't turning anyone away from membership in the "Truck Mafia" Erv. Very Happy If you got a truck you're in, running or not. Oh yeah, Doug does still have a Ford TRUCK, the tow/hunting rig has a blue oval on the front so he's still in. Cool

Schmitty add me in to your list the ranger finally got to make a pass so it offically a drag truck not as fast as Doug's was but maybe in time it will be.

Jim
I didn't know there was a club, could I join? What does being a member of this club entail?

So sorry to hear Doug, I know you loved that truck but if it had to be done it had to be done. I hope things get better for you soon.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 19th 2010, 4:56 pm

Thanks guys. I didn't have to sell it, I just did. There's a few ideas out there I may look into, just not real soon. And oh yeah Greg, I still have a gallon of the yellow left, so we know what color it'll be. Whenever it gets to the point of doing something else.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 19th 2010, 5:09 pm

NOT MORE YELLOW! affraid Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike October 19th 2010, 7:00 pm

Doug I'll miss the old wood hauler.
I wanted to do a bbf ranger. The plan was to get some seat time in my f100 while building a ranger.
Watching you make changes and improvements over the years to your f100 has kinda changed my mind about doing the ranger deal. For now anyway Smile .

mike

f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 19th 2010, 7:37 pm

Doug ain't no quitter, his life is a true example of that. Evil or Very Mad He'll be racing next year. Twisted Evil I'll drive my azz up to MT and help him get whatever is next built if I have to.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT October 21st 2010, 9:37 pm

DAMN! Doug! i loved following your build progress.....is the new owner a member here? or will he/she be a member?
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 21st 2010, 9:55 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:DAMN! Doug! i loved following your build progress.....is the new owner a member here? or will he/she be a member?
Yes, user name is reeseracing23 and he lives in Montana. It went to a good home.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 22nd 2010, 4:58 am

Guy's,I think I have it figured out. Doug gets bored when he doesn't have anything to work on.I think he needs to open up his own shop so when he finishes up a project ,he can jump right on another. Can you imagine a shop with Dan and Doug working together. They get shit done quick Shocked affraid

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next