BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proud Dad today

3 posters

Go down

Proud Dad today Empty Proud Dad today

Post  schmitty October 24th 2010, 10:28 am

My oldest daughter Sydnie is taking Hunter Education Safety classes this fall, with several of her good friends. Our local Pheasants Forever chapter selects 30 kids from this class for a Youth/Mentor hunt and she was chosen to participate. I have been a mentor for two years now and it's a great program. Each kid gets two chances to shoot a bird and the kids I have mentored have always gotten one. She didn't get one on her hunt, but did enjoy the experience. Her mentor was a good friend of mine and he said that she had some really tough shots and that he didn't think he could have made, and he is a very experienced bird hunter. I am very proud that she even went and did it and is enthusiastic to go again. I made several calls to invite kids to this event and was turned down by several for every kid that said they would do it. My daughter and her friends are also wanting to start a trap shooting team after getting to shoot at our local trap range. Very proud Pappa this week. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Proud Dad today Empty Re: Proud Dad today

Post  reeseracing23 October 24th 2010, 11:19 am

thats good that some of the youth still enjoy the outdoors. i know when i was young, i always enjoyed shooting things Smile
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 24th 2010, 1:34 pm

That's a cool thing Rob. We don't have a mentoring program up here. at least not as far as hunting goes. Both of my kids love to go hunting, and shooting. Our Fish Wildlife & Parks here just started a youth hunt this year, in which the kids 12-15 years old get to start their hunting season 2 days before the general season starts. I think it's a good thing, trying to get the kids more involved in hunting and the outdoors.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 24th 2010, 4:36 pm

Here in Nebraska the Game and Parks is very proactive towards youth hunting. They have allow the kids to hunt pheasants one weekend before the regular season starts, and they have youth turkey tags for $5 and a youth deer tag for $5 that is good through all three seasons, bow, firearm, and black powder. If we don't get the kids started hunting the anti's will get to them and outlaw it for all of us. That is how they got all of this stupid global warming stuff shoved down our throats. They get the kids to believe in it and come home and demand it from the parents. What parent wants to look like an earth hater. I wish there was some way of reversing it, but the darn hippies are doing an end run on us through the kids, it's time to start using their favorite tactic against them. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down