BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rich or lean........... Somthing to ponder

+7
jbozzelle
D. Sea
the Coug
lghting94
bruno
dfree383
IDT-572
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rich or lean........... Somthing to ponder - Page 2 Empty Re: Rich or lean........... Somthing to ponder

Post  ThndrChkn September 4th 2009, 12:53 am

the Coug wrote:Blake it would be interesting to have a set of exhaust pyrometers on it and see where the temp is acording to your dyno pulls it should get you close... I feel it is lean...

Randy

Agreed... I would lean towards lean as well, but if you are able, I'd run a couple pyrometers and see where the temps are...

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Rich or lean........... Somthing to ponder - Page 2 Empty Re: Rich or lean........... Somthing to ponder

Post  BOSS 429 September 4th 2009, 11:36 am

id want to see the spark pulg
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 4th 2009, 11:45 am

It interesting it ran as good as it did being 3/4 of a point down on compression and 100# more on the car.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  moparman September 5th 2009, 12:27 am

I don't trust EGT's as a tuning aid. Changing timing will completely throw the egt's off without touching the fuel. If you already have your tune right I can see using it, but still, I'll go with BSFC, reading the plugs and hp numbers over anything else.
moparman
moparman

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 25th 2010, 7:33 am

good read

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 25th 2010, 11:35 am

IDT-572 wrote:
lghting94 wrote:I am not sure the head material will show much difference but if it does aluminum would tranfer heat away from the chamber area quicker allowing for a cooler more dense charge to enter the cylinder and would cause the irons to act rich at that point but again you still have more volume of air so maybe it equalizes out. Durn this is making my brain hurt thinkin to much!!

What about the fact that the iron chamber is hotter and burning the fuel more completely with the same jetting, would it now be more towards the lean side ?

This is good stuff Laughing

The hotter cylinder head surface temperature would seem to cause a better atomization process however, that doesn't necessarily mean it is BURNING more of the fuel; hopefully it is.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2