BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well I got a new beater car finally..

+5
dfree383
torkair
billandlori
res0rli9
Maddmattmustangs
9 posters

Go down

Well I got a new beater car finally.. Empty Well I got a new beater car finally..

Post  Maddmattmustangs November 23rd 2010, 2:44 am

it's my bros 94 Pontiac firebird formula. I know I know it's not a ford but hey it runs.... Kinda.

The story behind the car is my bro (from another mother) was leaving for basic last week. His mother was going to crush it. He's about as attached to it as most of us are attached to fords Smile
He's done a real number on it though, one finders done, the bumpers been punctured and don't even get me started on the headlights Shocked

Anyway I got the car for 100 bucks, (which he later gave back) so I think it was an ok deal.

Real kicker is I want to restore it and give it back to him. Am I out of my mind?
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Well I got a new beater car finally.. Empty Re: Well I got a new beater car finally..

Post  res0rli9 November 23rd 2010, 4:42 am

Boy you gota full plate. building a car for road racing and one for drag racing but with the same car Smile

and now you going to restore a furburd Rolling Eyes but do it anyway good Idea

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Well I got a new beater car finally.. Empty Re: Well I got a new beater car finally..

Post  billandlori November 23rd 2010, 7:11 am

Maddmattmustangs wrote:it's my bros 94 Pontiac firebird formula. I know I know it's not a ford but hey it runs.... Kinda.

The story behind the car is my bro (from another mother) was leaving for basic last week. His mother was going to crush it. He's about as attached to it as most of us are attached to fords Smile
He's done a real number on it though, one finders done, the bumpers been punctured and don't even get me started on the headlights Shocked

Anyway I got the car for 100 bucks, (which he later gave back) so I think it was an ok deal.

Real kicker is I want to restore it and give it back to him. Am I out of my mind?

That would be a great welcome back after he does his tour. I think it would be really cool.

There has to be hundreds of those in the salvage yards to pick parts from.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs November 23rd 2010, 10:49 pm

I ran off to the salvage yard today and found a 95 formula same color. Paid 50 bucks for the new bumper, fender and headlight housing. Self pull of course.... Shocked
Drove it in the rain this morning that was scary Shocked
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 24th 2010, 7:24 am

Maddmattmustangs wrote:I ran off to the salvage yard today and found a 95 formula same color. Paid 50 bucks for the new bumper, fender and headlight housing. Self pull of course.... Shocked
Drove it in the rain this morning that was scary Shocked

Nice find!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 24th 2010, 2:46 pm

Now all you gotta do is swap out the old drive train for a BBF and a C6!
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 24th 2010, 6:04 pm

torkair wrote:Now all you gotta do is swap out the old drive train for a BBF and a C6!

X2 and he will thank you for that swap Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2010, 7:18 pm

Had an 87 GTA 5.7 WS6 car back in the day, much better handling and driving car than a Fox at the time.......But alot heavier too.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs November 24th 2010, 11:11 pm

This 94 holds very well.... When it's dry. Laughing
I think I'm just going to cold air and better cats. Maybe a tune.

As for the BBF idea I was thinking a t56 and a high spinning 460. Seeing as how the cars did come with them Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace November 24th 2010, 11:18 pm

my bro (from another mother)

Real kicker is I want to restore it and give it back to him. Am I out of my mind?[/quote]

I see your from ARKANSAS

and YES your CRAZY
clown

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy November 25th 2010, 12:42 am

powerstrokeace wrote: my bro (from another mother)

I see your from ARKANSAS

and YES your CRAZY
clown

Ace[/quote]
HEY, we resemble that remark!! Razz
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs November 30th 2010, 10:20 pm

Well I got most of the work done now. Looks pretty good but would walk all over this thing. Although, one of my "friends" got blown off by me on the freeway Laughing
Pretty bad when a GM 350 sinks you..... But I can't wait to get back behind the ford. I feel like such a cheater!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman December 1st 2010, 12:46 am

I had a '93 Formula that I bought new. It went from stock, to mild, to wild. I can give you some pointers on where to start to make that LT1 go decent. I chipped it with the standard Hypertech, put on a Hooker Aerochamber direct fit muffler, punched the cat, cold air kit, 1.6 rockers, Hotchkis LCA's, 3.73's and a shift kit in the automatic. I was running consistant low 13's at Lebanon Valley with it like that on stock Goodyear tires. Edelbrock headers and a ZZ9 cam netted 12.9's on the same tires.

Then I stroked it, AFR's, big cam, bottle, TH350, 9"... had it running high 10's before I sold it and went Ford. afro
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs December 1st 2010, 3:43 am

High 12's would be amazing. I was thinking alot of the same but with a better set of clutches and converter in the trans. I hope the intake helps with the falling on it's face part after 4800 rpms What a Face
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 December 1st 2010, 3:51 am

4thHorseman wrote:I had a '93 Formula that I bought new. It went from stock, to mild, to wild. I can give you some pointers on where to start to make that LT1 go decent. I chipped it with the standard Hypertech, put on a Hooker Aerochamber direct fit muffler, punched the cat, cold air kit, 1.6 rockers, Hotchkis LCA's, 3.73's and a shift kit in the automatic. I was running consistant low 13's at Lebanon Valley with it like that on stock Goodyear tires. Edelbrock headers and a ZZ9 cam netted 12.9's on the same tires.

That's an aweful long drive from Albuquerque.. Shocked Wink

Had a buddy back in the day that did much the same w/ a Crapmaro around the same vintage... Ran good on the street jousts Cool
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs December 1st 2010, 4:02 am

Thats all I want, is a street car I'm not bored with on the street. I guess with Pontiac going under keeping this car won't be a bad thing.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down