BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a head porter near me...

+3
cletus66
dfree383
98-9.0Mustang
7 posters

Go down

Looking for a head porter near me... Empty Looking for a head porter near me...

Post  98-9.0Mustang December 2nd 2010, 5:36 pm

I am trying to find someone near me that is good at portting Ford heads. I am looking to get my D3VE heads done up. If anyone knows of anyone near Sioux City,IA please let me know. Or should I ship them off some where to have them done? I am new to Iowa and dont know many people or places yet...

Thanks!!
98-9.0Mustang
98-9.0Mustang

Back to top Go down

Looking for a head porter near me... Empty Re: Looking for a head porter near me...

Post  dfree383 December 2nd 2010, 5:40 pm

Brett Powell, Dave Mclain.... Your not going to fine a big selection of shops that want to port Iron heads or that will do "Inexpensive" power work on iron.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for a head porter near me... Empty Re: Looking for a head porter near me...

Post  98-9.0Mustang December 2nd 2010, 5:43 pm

Thanks! How does one go about contacting these people? I was told Harry Heads also does portting but I have heard more bad things then good about them...
98-9.0Mustang
98-9.0Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 2nd 2010, 5:44 pm

they are both members on here.

Depending on your budget, you may be further ahead looking into some aftermarket aluminum heads.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  98-9.0Mustang December 2nd 2010, 5:47 pm

lol cool.

Im just looking for something to hold me over to I get my aluminum heads come spring time. I just want to get the car running befor then. So I plan to build the stroker bottom end then use these heads until then...Or should I run them as is and save alittle more money?

ps. your avatar is awesome!!!
98-9.0Mustang
98-9.0Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 2nd 2010, 5:51 pm

thanks....

Honestly, If your planning on putting some good aluminum heads in a year or so, I'd just use the D3's as is, IMO their no sense spending a bunch of money on them. Or if your are going to spend real money to get them ported and worked correctly, you will probably fine that you'll be better off just bitting the bullet and getting the aluminum heads now.

I think Lem still has the SCJ's for about $1600 -/+ and you will spend that much in having a reputable shop do porting, machine work and good parts.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  98-9.0Mustang December 2nd 2010, 5:58 pm

Well I wish I could get heads right now,but with building the car and motor/trany its just not in my budget to do all of them this year. I will be also getting laid off here from my day time job. Once I get back to work next spring is when I plan on getting heads. I just dont want to plan on aluminum heads and then not be able to afford them and cause the car to be sitting longer. But I was thinking more along the lines of some P51's. I may just clean these up port match them get a good valve job and call it good. Thats why I am asking for input. Dont want to waist money!
98-9.0Mustang
98-9.0Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 December 2nd 2010, 8:31 pm

dfree383 wrote:thanks....

Honestly, If your planning on putting some good aluminum heads in a year or so, I'd just use the D3's as is, IMO their no sense spending a bunch of money on them. Or if your are going to spend real money to get them ported and worked correctly, you will probably fine that you'll be better off just bitting the bullet and getting the aluminum heads now.

I think Lem still has the SCJ's for about $1600 -/+ and you will spend that much in having a reputable shop do porting, machine work and good parts.

I think you should listen to this guy. Twisted Evil

I spent the time to learn how to port my own heads. I learned a lot.

Then I bought these.....

Looking for a head porter near me... 100_6233

Now my home ported iron heads will be awesome in a daily driver type vehicle. Best of both worlds. bounce
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 2nd 2010, 10:30 pm

Those guys are good porters.Im not too far from you? I am in ill, the only problem is i have 4 pair of iron to do now-rich
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 2nd 2010, 10:32 pm

yes, if you are for sure going to switch to alum later i wouldn't spend a lot on the iron now

Last edited by BOSS 429 on December 3rd 2010, 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs December 3rd 2010, 1:20 am

I'd just bowl blend the heads and cut that EGR boss from the exhaust ports valve job and go
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 3rd 2010, 8:33 am

dfree383 wrote:thanks....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX222222222222222222222222222222

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  darrin1999 December 4th 2010, 10:50 am

id spend a little time grinding on my own iron... just go to www.reincarnation-automotive.com... pay the 30 dollar fee and get full porting instructions for iron heads

darrin1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down