BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Comp & Super Gas

+18
Oakley Motorsports
Treeyasoon
dfree383
richter69
jbozzelle
Lem Evans
bbf-falcon
rmcomprandy
72mav
billandlori
fe50stang
Frank Merkl
BOSS 429
Tony M
powerstrokeace
QtrWarrior
bosshoss
racnrick
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Super Comp & Super Gas - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Comp & Super Gas

Post  bosshoss December 7th 2010, 10:11 pm

Rick and Bill. Sorry if I came across as being defensive towards you guys. That is not the case. I dont feel threatened I just wanted to present my feelings on the matter for reference.

I have been hearing these same arguments for many years so it's all good.

Just presenting an opinion is all.

Pulling the chute might help for sure. Especially in the late rounds guys wouldnt have much time to repack it.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M December 7th 2010, 10:54 pm

bosshoss wrote:Rick and Bill. Sorry if I came across as being defensive towards you guys. That is not the case. I dont feel threatened I just wanted to present my feelings on the matter for reference.

Pulling the chute might help for sure. Especially in the late rounds guys wouldnt have much time to repack it.

dkp

Thats ok. everyone would be in the same boat. Thats the way it is for our class. They can call us up to the lanes over and over again but they cant run the class if no ones there.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon December 7th 2010, 11:32 pm

I feel, it does not matter what the index is....drivers are still gonna' drive the car. If a racer is spot racing or dialing soft, they still have to kill it somewhere...no matter if they dump it or not.
Any change in index will NOT stop people from jamming the brakes on at the stripe....period.
I'm really not sure what the NHRA is thinking, to be quite honest.
Jeff

P.S.-I head for the pisser when I have to piss....not when the index classes come up. I enjoy watching the Super Classes. cheers
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports December 7th 2010, 11:35 pm

I have 2 super comp trophies and love the class. Everybody leaves heads up and you must get up on the wheel at the stripe. I personally think they are looking at lowering the index because the cars will be on the stop for less time. This will increase the traction of when the stop comes back on it also may make the races more spectator friendly. Fast SC car is on the stop for say 2.5 seconds and that might change to around a second or less. SC and SG are quite often a feel in for the pros and track conditions are sometimes less than desirable.

My opinion also is that NHRA may be trying to actually cut back some of the participation in these classes by speeding them up and bring Top Dragster and Top Sportsman to the national level in the future. I could be totally wrong but I know there has been alot of talk about parking issues. They already drop a class at most National events on a rotation.

If you ever want to see some close racing find you a seat at the finish line during SC or SG.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick December 8th 2010, 12:03 am

racnrick wrote: The SRAC representatives feel there is a need to lower the indexes by up to a full second. Both categories have had the same index since their inception into NHRA competition and the SRAC feel the need to change is based upon safety and the need to keep pace with the growing phenomenon of having larger horsepower engines.
[/b]

It sounds like the Sportsman Racers Advisory Council is the one asking for a change not NHRA. It would be nice if they explained more why they want this. It just seems like a bad time for them to change things, with the economy right now, some cars that could just make the 9.90 in S/G before, will be faced with the expense of going to a bigger engine, or not being able to race at all. In S/G they would have no class to fall back to, if it was a door car in S/C, they could fall back into S/G. But then maybe they are trying to thin the car count like Philip mentioned.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 December 8th 2010, 12:13 am

billandlori wrote:I go walk the pits when the throttle stop cars come out.

Bill

Thats me walking along beside you, Bill. And thats me sitting in the stands asleep if I'm not in the pits when TD is running.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 8th 2010, 10:49 am

8.91 @ 206 ... ? I don't know what but, something has to be done to limit the speed of cars like this. AND, that second launch 150 feet out has to somehow be comtrolled. Shorter "stop" time could help. As Phillip should know, track prep for that is a nightmare unless you WANT it to be dangerous.

INDEX racing is the same kind of racing but, without the electronic throttle stops; the tuner and driver have to get it right instead.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 8th 2010, 11:09 am

Localy we have been trying to find a class for the bracket racers and the heads up guys. So we decided on index racing without electronics. As far as spectators are concerned it's heads-up racing and the the racers love it because they actually have a chance to win. They don't have to build a car to match a specific heads-up class and can make the power however they want to.

There are two guys that are taking the fun out of it by being deadly consistant but the .400 protree manages to keep them on their toes. So until they become deadly on the tree folks will keep entering the class. We have thought about adding weight penatlies to winners.

Spectators have really started to come back out to our events. Classes we will hold.

Index classes 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, 5.3
Heads-up classes x275, true street, modified street, open (very rare to have anyone in open class)

20 mile cruise is normally involved with modified street.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 December 8th 2010, 5:12 pm

We've been racing with a group called the Pro Tree Racers Association. They run a 7.0, 6.0, 5.30,4.80 Index classes. All doorcars, no timed or moving throttle stops. You can spray or pull timing with a timer in 4.8 and 5.30. Also 2 ProTree bracket classes, 1 for door cars and 1 for open body cars. They also run 2 heads-up small tire classes. It's a great program with a bunch of good people.

The racing is really close even without the throttle stops.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori December 8th 2010, 5:37 pm

bosshoss wrote:Rick and Bill. Sorry if I came across as being defensive towards you guys. That is not the case. I dont feel threatened I just wanted to present my feelings on the matter for reference.

dkp

Not at all Hoss!! No sweat.

I personally like to see a car run it hard to the end. It's great you have a fun time in your class, that IS what its all about. Cool

I never thought about the "second launch" that Randy is talking about, the traction issues must be pretty scary on a short prepped track. Loading/unloading/loading/unloading/braking must be a bear to tune the chassis for!! pale

This is why they have different classes, different folks like to see different stuff.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockFalcon December 8th 2010, 6:29 pm

NHRA should leave it alone. I don't care for NHRA. I dropped my membership and don't race at any of there events. I run Super Rod or Super Gas what ever you want to call it. I also run Hot Rod or Super Street in another car. I'll race anything with wheels. I just love it. I don't care if it's throttle stop racing. Heads up index racing or regular brackets. I've won in every type of index or bracket class.

I figure if you don't like something about a class. It's because you are no good at it or just don't get it. No one ever said bracket or Index racing was a spectator sport. I just wish I had more money to race more. I also wish I could afford a Top Sportsman car or Top Dragster.
BigBlockFalcon
BigBlockFalcon

http://www.fquick.com/BigBlockFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2