BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel???

3 posters

Go down

What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel??? Empty What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel???

Post  jbozzelle December 31st 2010, 9:31 pm

I measured just under 2.5, either that or my mic is off... The local auto parts stores weren't much help either. None of them even had a full plug kit for a BBF. Only SBF stuff.

I need a plug so I can try and get this thing together this weekend.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel??? Empty Re: What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel???

Post  Paul Kane December 31st 2010, 9:36 pm

jbozzelle wrote:I measured just under 2.5, either that or my mic is off... The local auto parts stores weren't much help either. None of them even had a full plug kit for a BBF. Only SBF stuff.

I need a plug so I can try and get this thing together this weekend.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
All Ford engines have plugs in their cylinder banks that are 1-1/2".

The cam tunnel plugs on the 385 Series are 2-1/2". I'm not crazy about the offshore 2-1/2 (really 63 mm) plugs I've seen around.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel??? Empty Re: What size is the plug that goes in the rear of the cam tunnel???

Post  c.evans December 31st 2010, 11:00 pm

Any decent parts house should be able to get you a Dorman # 555-055. That's a 2.5" expansion plug. Dorman has changed their parts numbering system, so another number for that plug may be # 555-128.

Hope this helps,

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 31st 2010, 11:03 pm

Thanks. I was right on the size. I'll check tomorrow.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down