BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram

+5
DILLIGASDAVE
Curt
richter69
dfree383
Fatback
9 posters

Go down

Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Empty Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram

Post  Fatback January 7th 2011, 4:08 pm

Anybody know where I can find an "inexpensive" fabricated dual tunnal ram for a B/B Ford?

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Empty Re: Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram

Post  dfree383 January 7th 2011, 4:13 pm

Define inexpensive..... and for what heads?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Empty Re: Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram

Post  Fatback January 7th 2011, 4:18 pm

Cheaper than the $2400.00 ones I have been looking at...............
Pro Comp heads

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 7th 2011, 4:22 pm

Fatback wrote:Cheaper than the $2400.00 ones I have been looking at...............
Pro Comp heads

Really stupid comment about to come off my keyboard........ Spend the money on better heads.......... If your not pulling my chain..... Wink
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback January 7th 2011, 4:27 pm

This project is for show only !!!!! Street rod project.

Not looking to set any world speed records.

Back to my original question....................?

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 7th 2011, 4:31 pm

Find a Weiand Tunnel Ram, Air Gap it and Polish the hell out of it or powder coat it..... Bam realy fast looking inexpensive or at least reasonably priced manifold.............
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 7th 2011, 4:36 pm

^^^^ good advice.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback January 7th 2011, 4:44 pm

That is exactly what I have now. Powdercoated it "aluminum" welded on bungs for a fogger system..................but nothing looks like a fabricated intake Very Happy

I tried to post some pictures on here, but can't figure out how to make the pictures small enough.

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 7th 2011, 4:46 pm

The Look Isn't cheap........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 7th 2011, 4:48 pm

only "cheap" option I see is find a smokin deal on a used one or make your own....design wont matter much as cool factor looks like what your after.

Sheetmetal intake and procomp heads should not be used together...................ever.......or the world will implode................. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback January 7th 2011, 4:56 pm

I know as an engine builder that the two should not go together......................but my budget dictates over my better judgement on this one.

You are correct, looking for the WOW factor. So far the engine looks impressive, Danny Bee Belt Drive, front motor plate, Meziere pump, KRC P/S pump, with all HTD belt drives, custom fabricated valve covers, Aeromotive fuel regulators, (2) powder coated carbs., Stainless Steel fogger system.......just thinking about the next step.

Shoehorn all this into a 51' Ford Dump Truck, 33x22.5 Hoosiers on the back and wheelie bars, and I should have a head turner. cheers

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 7th 2011, 5:10 pm

Sell the top end and get some a 460 heads and a Cast "cool looking" TR........

or a performer RPM, 750 Edelbrock, inside a Fake 14-71 blower and injection?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt January 7th 2011, 7:04 pm

Fatback wrote:I know as an engine builder that the two should not go together......................but my budget dictates over my better judgement on this one.

You are correct, looking for the WOW factor. So far the engine looks impressive, Danny Bee Belt Drive, front motor plate, Meziere pump, KRC P/S pump, with all HTD belt drives, custom fabricated valve covers, Aeromotive fuel regulators, (2) powder coated carbs., Stainless Steel fogger system.......just thinking about the next step.

Shoehorn all this into a 51' Ford Dump Truck, 33x22.5 Hoosiers on the back and wheelie bars, and I should have a head turner. cheers

Wait on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wait on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wait on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nope, sorry, not gonna say anything! I love you
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback January 7th 2011, 7:33 pm

Lets hear it !!!!!!! pirat

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 7th 2011, 8:29 pm

procrap makes a low cost, paper thin "backfire-edition" sheetmeal tunnel ram for the 351-C......maybe they also make one for the 460 too? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-01
Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-02
Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-03
Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-05
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 7th 2011, 8:35 pm

nice............ Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 10th 2011, 12:00 pm

^^^ What he said....... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 11th 2011, 9:21 pm

That tunnel ram is a true work of art!!!.... lol! lol!
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 13th 2011, 10:28 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:procrap makes a low cost, paper thin "backfire-edition" sheetmeal tunnel ram for the 351-C......maybe they also make one for the 460 too? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-01
Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-02
Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-03
Fabricated Aluminum Dual Tunnal Ram Procomp-05

how is that damage the intakes fault? pop off valve would of helped. ive seen very high $$$ intakes bend,warp,etc when this happens. wasnt the fault of the intake.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 14th 2011, 7:24 am

BOSS 429 wrote:how is that damage the intakes fault? pop off valve would of helped. ive seen very high $$$ intakes bend,warp,etc when this happens. wasnt the fault of the intake.

Procrap makes parts of these T-rams (like the plenum box, plenum top, & carb base) out of such thin sheet material that vacuum leaks & backfires are bound to happen. These are so paper thin in some areas that I wouldn't be surprised if a small sneeze (that doesn't open a pop-off), would still balloon the top/sides.

big name sheetmetal tunnel ram makers out there are smart enough to know a cheezy paper thin carb base/mount with damn Riv-nuts isn't going to seal anything very well......no wonder there was vacuum leaks/backfires.

A well made sheetmetal tunnel ram from a reputable manufacture is a little heavier than what people might expect them to be. They use a thicker/rigid top plate (vs the procrap siht) for a much better seal between the top & plenum base, and between the top & the carb(s).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 14th 2011, 10:15 am

got ya
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 14th 2011, 4:59 pm

Looks like their welder is top notch.... makes me wanna go light myself on fire and jump off a cliff than to want something like that.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 February 14th 2011, 6:04 pm

Soda can intakes... Rolling Eyes

Par for the course w/Pro-Crap BBF parts..
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 24th 2011, 8:17 pm

The world will "implode"!!!!! Shocked
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 1st 2011, 4:36 pm

crittersf1 wrote: The world will "implode"!!!!! Shocked

Its already doing it........ Shocked Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down