BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop.

+9
Dave Maxwell
665 falcon
KY JELLY
TravisRice
bb429power
jones
56Tbird
Copperhead
David Willingham
13 posters

Go down

Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop. Empty Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop.

Post  David Willingham January 19th 2011, 1:56 pm

Got the call today. Going to look at it tomorrow night. Truck weighed in at 2094 lbs without the transmission and tc. The engine is in it, but doesn't have the rods and pistons in it. I'm guessing it will be around 2350 when it's all done. I'll update with pics soon as I get it.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop. Empty Re: Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop.

Post  Copperhead January 19th 2011, 2:09 pm

Yeah man,........ Cool

Post up the pics when you get a chance.

BTW,.....What's the motor, tranny, chassis specs ?
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop. Empty Re: Racetruck is finally finished at the chassis shop.

Post  David Willingham January 19th 2011, 2:14 pm

Engine: 641" BBF, C head, TR, EFI alky, drysump
Trans: Glide
Chassis: ProMod style double frame rail, cm, SFI 25.2 certified
Built to run in the 4.70-5.30 heads-up classes
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 19th 2011, 3:57 pm

David ,i'm sure this is probably one of the nicest trucks on the planet!! I can hardly wait to see the pics. Congrats ,I'm sure you've been waiting for this day for a long time!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones January 19th 2011, 4:02 pm

Looking foward to seeing some pictures!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 19th 2011, 4:09 pm

Which truck is this going in? The weight sounds very impressive, especially being a truck. I think Doug R's was about 2750lbs and I found that to be impressive affraid
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham January 19th 2011, 4:22 pm

1974 F100, all steel except the hood and front bumper. If it's not holding exterior paint, it has been removed as far as the steel body is concerned.

David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice January 19th 2011, 5:54 pm

I agree with Dan . Gotta be a milestone for sure. Everything I have ever seen Dave tackle has been top notch. Make sure you post a few before pictures also.

Congrats

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY January 19th 2011, 6:44 pm

cool can't wait to see pics congrats Smile
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon January 19th 2011, 8:49 pm

I have seen Dave's work, VERY impressive to say the least. That truck will make everybody sell there cars... Can't wait to see pic's.. Dave how is Racing Ray doing Question . I miss the Good Ole Boy
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell January 19th 2011, 8:54 pm

I'm sure it will be awesome. Daves work is amazing and if he let someone do work for him, they must be amazing also.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing January 19th 2011, 10:30 pm

David,
Congrads I know how long you've waited. Hope to lay eyes on it this summer. Any chance of bringing it to the bash?

JS

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham January 19th 2011, 11:27 pm

I think I would have to cut a bunch of corners to get it to the track this year. If I don't paint it, run the old draglites, and leave the chassis bare, maybe.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 20th 2011, 4:30 am

cant wait to see it David ....

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham January 20th 2011, 11:02 am

Speaking of Racin' Ray, he hasn't called me in years. He don't race his car none and I heard he was married now. His phone is disconnected and I don't know where he lives now. He calls Bobby Anthony every now and then and I will try to get Bobby to get his new number. If I have to, I'll go to where he used to live and ask the neighbors. I miss talking to him.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 January 20th 2011, 6:34 pm

David Willingham wrote:I think I would have to cut a bunch of corners to get it to the track this year. If I don't paint it, run the old draglites, and leave the chassis bare, maybe.

Don't rush it. Take your time and get it just like you want it. Now go take some pics of it and show us what you got!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon January 20th 2011, 10:15 pm

BigDave65 wrote:
David Willingham wrote:I think I would have to cut a bunch of corners to get it to the track this year. If I don't paint it, run the old draglites, and leave the chassis bare, maybe.

Don't rush it. Take your time and get it just like you want it. Now go take some pics of it and show us what you got!

Couldn't... agree more... Cool Cool ... Wink
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 20th 2011, 11:39 pm

Can't wait to see it. Be sure to find Ray and bring him to the Bash with you. I liked that yellow Mustang of his.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing January 24th 2011, 8:57 pm

David check your pm's

JS

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham January 24th 2011, 10:44 pm

Jerry, I can't reply. I'll call you sometime or you can email me direct.

ame@otelco.net
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down