BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey everyone! new here...

5 posters

Go down

hey everyone! new here... Empty hey everyone! new here...

Post  Andre January 24th 2011, 6:42 am

hey everyone,
been a ford lover/owner since i was age 15, almost 10 years now...had 87 mustang gt ttops 302 mild work, 85 gt 306 performance, 87 turbo coupe tbird, 99 convertible gt, 2004 yellow/black mach 1 nasty n sexy as they come...but they have all come and gone and i loved em all..but...i never felt the way about any of em like i did when i laid eyes on my 1972 429bb thunderbird coupe. man. i mean my wife has to compete with this car. anyways, its in rough shape i suppose. i dressed the engine up a bit just some steel braided hoses chrome valve covers, its got a rebuilt b&m tranny w/ shifter on the floor, moser axles, 9" ford rear end, flushed all fluids back n front, new rotors/drums all da way round, threw some new front shocks on her...hmm what else...prolly a few other minor things, axle bearings n starter n locking cylinder...you know. trying to get er just up n running good. but now, i been saving a bit o cash n the wife going to let me drop some into it. i want performance. i mean my mach was a low low 12's car 4.6 dohc slicks and some serious drivetrain work...but i mean i put my foot on the gas of this old car that weighs within 40 lbs of my father n laws 96 4x4 suburban, and i feel the devil talkin to me. i mean the raw power of it just eating at my soul. its nuts. it feels like its got so much potential i never felt before. i took er to track ran a 15.9...motor prolly has like 600k on it as she sits..i mean, i know with some work this thing can be a beast.....one problem...i dont know nuthin bout bbf. cams, intakes, carbs, (shoot my 85 306 gt had a 750 holley on it, what can this thing slap on? 2 600cfms?) i dunno...i WANT power, like 550 range to start but with plenty of room to grow once i get bored. anyways i dont love long walks on the beach or chinese food, i love my tbird n i love to go fast. my brother is a great mechanic but i moved away a while back when i had my daughter so he dont work on my cars no more and i pretty much just know basics. ANY info will help me build the car. i been doing research on engines n i hear to start with the cam. so i look up cams...i feel about 450ish lbs of torque in this thing, i culd be wrong but thats wut it feels like. well all the cam research i did says i dont want a high duration or lift cause that will take away from my torque? any suggestions? ps i THINK its a 4 bolt main, not 100% sure. anyways ill post some pics of it. im new to bbf and new to building a high horse engine and would really appreciate all the hlep. my name is Andre btw. looking forward to hearing from all ya'll (from texas) PSS i want a high rise intake with some butterfly valves on this sucks, that has always been my dream. is it possible............!

Andre

Back to top Go down

hey everyone! new here... Empty Re: hey everyone! new here...

Post  bbf-falcon January 24th 2011, 8:20 pm

Welcome to the board. Do you have any cousins/relation that live near Plymouth Michigan or Oklahoma Question

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt January 24th 2011, 9:33 pm

hey everyone! new here... Howdy
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 24th 2011, 10:30 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Welcome to the board. Do you have any cousins/relation that live near Plymouth Michigan or Oklahoma Question
What's that supposed to mean???

And welcome Andre, you'll get a lot of help here with your build.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre January 25th 2011, 9:28 am

haha no relations near there...lol. drove to oklahoma once to pick up a car and the highways there are confusing lol. thanks for welcome guys

Andre

Back to top Go down

Post  342g January 25th 2011, 10:51 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Welcome to the board. Do you have any cousins/relation that live near Plymouth Michigan or Oklahoma Question

Laughing Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum