BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford traction-lok

4 posters

Go down

Ford traction-lok Empty Ford traction-lok

Post  95lightiningguy January 31st 2011, 3:28 am

What do you guys think of the Ford Racing traction-lok differential. Going in a daily driver pickup that is having traction issues. Is this a good one or should I look at some of the higher end ones. Working on a budget and dont want to put crap in it but the price is right. Any info is appreciated.

thanks, Jason
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Ford traction-lok Empty Re: Ford traction-lok

Post  95lightiningguy February 1st 2011, 9:57 pm

Anyone? Sad
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss February 1st 2011, 11:08 pm

For my money the traction lok is ok for street only vehicles with stock tires and stock horsepower. In high performance applications they invariably perform inconsistently then need to be rebuilt on a regular basis. A locker is more money up front but will outperform any limited slip for years and years of trouble free running. just my .02 Very Happy

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 1st 2011, 11:14 pm

X2 on the Detroit Locker, no clutches to replace down the road.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy February 2nd 2011, 1:07 am

bosshoss wrote:For my money the traction lok is ok for street only vehicles with stock tires and stock horsepower. In high performance applications they invariably perform inconsistently then need to be rebuilt on a regular basis. A locker is more money up front but will outperform any limited slip for years and years of trouble free running. just my .02 Very Happy

dkp

Thanks guys, was wondering if anyone had any experience with one. My money is on the locker but the price of the Ford unit is attractive. Wink
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim W545 February 4th 2011, 3:23 pm

I had good luck with 9" traction loc's with street tires and ~450 hp in a 4200lb car. MT drag radials killed it in 4 passes. You just can't get enough clutches in the case to really be effective. A billet cover prevents breakage, but the clutches will still slip.

I went Detroit Locker from Ebay (Nascar takeout) and love it. Noisy as all heck but it's there, every time I need it.

Jim

Jim W545

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down