BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I am gonna relocate....

+15
bruno
BigDave65
TravisRice
69F100
Maddmattmustangs
schmitty
Curt
56Tbird
342g
richter69
bigblockfox468
bbf-falcon
dfree383
bb429power
frank13
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think I am gonna relocate.... - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I am gonna relocate....

Post  jasonf February 6th 2011, 8:23 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:We have a nice quite town Alot of nice and affordable housing good weather for most part 3 drag strip in a 100 mile circle work is slow but there are jobs depending on what you do.

Where is that?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

I think I am gonna relocate.... - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I am gonna relocate....

Post  frank13 February 6th 2011, 9:31 pm

jasonf wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:We have a nice quite town Alot of nice and affordable housing good weather for most part 3 drag strip in a 100 mile circle work is slow but there are jobs depending on what you do.

Where is that?

i dont think anyone wants to tell me...they dont want no Philly boy moving near them! LOL
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole February 7th 2011, 2:45 am

frank13 wrote:
jasonf wrote:

Where is that?

i dont think anyone wants to tell me...they dont want no Philly boy moving near them! LOL

Ward (Dr's Wife) is in Fayette, Al. west central part of the state. 1:15 from Birmingham, :30 from Tuscaloosa. I grew up near there, live on the other side of the state now. For motorsports it can't be beat. I live 25 miles north of the track at Talladega. I'm within 15 minutes from my home drag track, but there are 6 others with a 2 hour drive. Numerous dirt tracks (closest is 5 minutes), A mud truck track, etc. I'm an hour from Birmingham (work there) and 90 mins from Atlanta.

We do have a state income tax, but the property tax is the lowest in the country. It has snowed twice this year (3" & 5"), but that was the first time in 3 years. Usually get 1-2 mild ice storms per winter.

Frank, what kind of work do you do? That might help with people giving suggestions.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 7th 2011, 9:45 am

David, are there still plans to move Atlanta dragway to Talledaga? That would be nice as long as NHRA no longer owned it. Surprised
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 February 7th 2011, 10:49 am

I am currently and for the past 12 years managing a Bicycle Shop. I have sales experience out the wazoo. I can do construction, I am a master at tile. (literally a master- Did swimming pool tile for almost 6 years)

there aint much i cant do to be honest, never been without since i was 11. Not really worried about finding a job, that is something I can always find since there are always jobs, just some people think that job is beneath them for some reason. Aint nothing beneath me!
Sorry for the rant
Frank
frank13
frank13

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 7th 2011, 10:56 am

frank13 wrote:I am currently and for the past 12 years managing a Bicycle Shop. I have sales experience out the wazoo. I can do construction, I am a master at tile. (literally a master- Did swimming pool tile for almost 6 years)

there aint much i cant do to be honest, never been without since i was 11. Not really worried about finding a job, that is something I can always find since there are always jobs, just some people think that job is beneath them for some reason. Aint nothing beneath me!
Sorry for the rant
Frank

Well that is the kind of philosophy that will get you ahead.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 7th 2011, 10:57 am

Head west young man ! The streets are paved with Gold !! and if you go far enough you'll be back where you started !!! Laughing

Seriously the Pacific NW is Nice, The Southern USA is Nice, The South West is Nice, Hawaii is OK but gets old..... Its all in what you want.... Wink

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 February 7th 2011, 11:34 am

^ i just want to be happy, thats all, I am not sure if a change of scenery is going to do it, but i can tell you where i am, I am not happy anymore. been here all my life. the only good thing i have going for me is my daughter. its sad when the only person who will listen to you sometimes is a 9 year old.
frank13
frank13

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 7th 2011, 11:43 am

Sounds to me like you got the Winter Blues........ or Cabin Fever..... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 February 7th 2011, 11:50 am

dfree383 wrote:Sounds to me like you got the Winter Blues........ or Cabin Fever..... Laughing

been this way for two years now
frank13
frank13

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole February 7th 2011, 11:57 am

Curt wrote:David, are there still plans to move Atlanta dragway to Talledaga? That would be nice as long as NHRA no longer owned it. Surprised

At one time there was a lot of talk. One local guy claimed to know someone who had taken an option on the land. I haven't heard ANYTHING about it in at least 2 years though. It woudl be a great location, but would be a huge gamble financially.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 7th 2011, 12:26 pm

Frank take a trip to Prattville alabama .......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing February 7th 2011, 12:38 pm

Frank sorry for not following up on the reply.Got busy with the kids and forgot about the computer.My wife was on call and was at the hosp.14 hrs on sat and 16 hrs on sun.The one spot David did not mention is columbus Miss.alot of local people work there............And we have some of the best BBQ in the South!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 7th 2011, 12:43 pm

David Cole wrote:

At one time there was a lot of talk. One local guy claimed to know someone who had taken an option on the land. I haven't heard ANYTHING about it in at least 2 years though. It woudl be a great location, but would be a huge gamble financially.

I thought Dale Jr was the money guy. If it werent for the ownership of the Commerce location Suspect , it would already be broke. Plus Talledega isn't any farther of a drive from Atlanta anyway.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2