BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broken drill bits are mean

+12
jeremy
bb429power
69F100
Yoeman
56Tbird
billandlori
72mav
jones
TRUKPULR
bbf-falcon
dfree383
Dave Maxwell
16 posters

Go down

broken drill bits are mean Empty broken drill bits are mean

Post  Dave Maxwell February 8th 2011, 8:49 am

five stitches later I have proof of that. Shoved bit broke and shoved it through my knuckle. Ooops

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

broken drill bits are mean Empty Re: broken drill bits are mean

Post  dfree383 February 8th 2011, 8:50 am

Ouch.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 8th 2011, 8:52 am

That'll leave a mark Embarassed Twisted Evil

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell February 8th 2011, 8:58 am

yep. Just got done thinking should move hand. Then snap. 5/16th didn't plan on breaking. Oh well

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR February 8th 2011, 9:28 am

Oh Ya ... How many times have we looked at something and said just before it happend .. Ohh this could hurt . then bing bang boom. it happens ...

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell February 8th 2011, 9:44 am

embarrassing part was in lobby. I uncovered it to look and moved it. Shot blood across waiting room. Woops. Had to find clean up crew.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 8th 2011, 10:02 am

Ouch,

Did something simular once. In a hurry to install a engine in a front wheel drive car. I had unbolted only the exhaust manifold nuts from the engine and used a pry bar for extraction. During the installation of the new engine I managed to swing the engine in and just almost get the studs in the manifold, yet I made the engine mounts and was able to bolt the engine in. So with one great tug on the exhaust manifold I should be able to slide the manifold over that last couple of .0001 over the studs into place. Well, I did and it took both hands! That dog bit me quicker than anything I ever imagined! There I was stuck with all 8 fingers stuck between the engine and manifold and it ain't letting go!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav February 8th 2011, 3:11 pm

"Drill-Doctor" Razz
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 8th 2011, 4:25 pm

jones wrote:Ouch,

Did something simular once. In a hurry to install a engine in a front wheel drive car. I had unbolted only the exhaust manifold nuts from the engine and used a pry bar for extraction. During the installation of the new engine I managed to swing the engine in and just almost get the studs in the manifold, yet I made the engine mounts and was able to bolt the engine in. So with one great tug on the exhaust manifold I should be able to slide the manifold over that last couple of .0001 over the studs into place. Well, I did and it took both hands! That dog bit me quicker than anything I ever imagined! There I was stuck with all 8 fingers stuck between the engine and manifold and it ain't letting go!

I've done similar things!! It sure is hard to fight the instinct to yank your hand out!! The pain makes it hard to think of any other way though!!

I find I can go a few weeks without even a scratch, then I'll have a week where I am getting banged up every day!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 8th 2011, 6:48 pm

I broke a 3/16 bit in a angle drill putting the finishing touches on my Tbird....no stitches....went in one side of my knuckle and out the other..they said they can't sew up a puncture wound that goes all the way through.The doc couldn't believe it didn't do any damage to the knuckle.I couldn't either...sure hurt like a biotch for a while though.Just flushed it out and wrapped it up and let heal!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell February 8th 2011, 7:03 pm

broken drill bits are mean CIMG0525

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoeman February 8th 2011, 7:28 pm

I can relate, did a furnace call last Sat as a favor, the place was one of the nastiest houses I've ever stepped in.
The stupid door was stuck over the fan from funk, and it popped off and did it's best to slice one of my fingers to the damn bone! Neutral
Yoeman
Yoeman

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 February 8th 2011, 9:02 pm

I had a guy that worked with me a few years back ran a 1/4" drill bit through his palm drilling a removeable foot on a trailer ladder,It went in the palm and out the top of his hand he was yelling my name I though he was dieing.I ran over to him and he still had the foot in his hand with the drill bit sticking out the top of his hand made my hand hurt.He kelp yelling at me to pull it out so I grab the drill no reverse on it air drill hit the trigger and snatched it out he took of running and yelling.I know it not nice to laugh at things like that but couldn't help it I laugh so hard I had tears coming out my eyes.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 8th 2011, 9:09 pm

Oh that's bad Jim Evil or Very Mad I cringed at that more than the picture, stitches are no fun.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremy February 8th 2011, 10:22 pm

I shoved a drillbit through the "meaty" part between my thumb and pointer finger last fall. I was trying to drill a broken exhaust pipe stud out of a lincoln 460 exhaust manifold, by standing on one side of it on my concrete garage floor. Didnt have a bench vise at the time No, (now I have one Wink ). The drill bit snapped. It was so hot it kinda burned its way through. I had to show my wife that one (she wasnt to happy). Never did get the stud out, had to take it to the shop where my brother works, and they drilled and retapped it. I shoulda did that in the 1st place.
jeremy
jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R February 9th 2011, 2:28 am

It wasn't a drill bit, I had my thumb get stuck between a piece of steel and an industrial grinder. It went BANG and it was gone, never even slowed down.

broken drill bits are mean Thumbo

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell February 9th 2011, 10:32 am

ouch. Uncle got finger stuck in bench grinder. Guy from work had hand under air pallet for moving trucks. Lost everything back to second knuckle. Trucks are over 100 tons

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 9th 2011, 10:58 am

69F100 wrote:I had a guy that worked with me a few years back ran a 1/4" drill bit through his palm drilling a removeable foot on a trailer ladder,It went in the palm and out the top of his hand he was yelling my name I though he was dieing.I ran over to him and he still had the foot in his hand with the drill bit sticking out the top of his hand made my hand hurt.He kelp yelling at me to pull it out so I grab the drill no reverse on it air drill hit the trigger and snatched it out he took of running and yelling.I know it not nice to laugh at things like that but couldn't help it I laugh so hard I had tears coming out my eyes.

Jim

LoL Laughing

I was demo a old fence and stepped on a very large nail. I was fine until I started to walk off and the board was stuck to the bottom of my foot and my cousin told me I had a nail sticking through the top of my foot! I never felt it until I looked down! Laughing He said I screammed like a girl!! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg February 9th 2011, 11:03 am

Dang it man that had to hurt!
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 February 9th 2011, 11:16 am

Just the other day, Ellen left a drill bit in my flannel jacket pocket. I put it on and went to crawl under a car. That is when it decided to assume the perfect angle to stab me in the leg. Left a nice mark. Mad
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 9th 2011, 11:27 am

cletus66 wrote:Just the other day, Ellen left a drill bit in my flannel jacket pocket. I put it on and went to crawl under a car. That is when it decided to assume the perfect angle to stab me in the leg. Left a nice mark. Mad
Jeff, you'd better fire her before she gets you hurt brother!!! Razz Twisted Evil lol! king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 February 11th 2011, 9:26 am

56Tbird wrote:
cletus66 wrote:Just the other day, Ellen left a drill bit in my flannel jacket pocket. I put it on and went to crawl under a car. That is when it decided to assume the perfect angle to stab me in the leg. Left a nice mark. Mad
Jeff, you'd better fire her before she gets you hurt brother!!! Razz Twisted Evil lol! king

Naaaah. I knew better than to get out of my element. Usually I get to stand around looking sexy while I drink beer and hand her tools. What was I thinking?? Embarassed Laughing I need to remember my boundaries.....
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 12th 2011, 3:28 am

ATTA BOY!!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 12th 2011, 11:13 am

jones wrote:
69F100 wrote:I had a guy that worked with me a few years back ran a 1/4" drill bit through his palm drilling a removeable foot on a trailer ladder,It went in the palm and out the top of his hand he was yelling my name I though he was dieing.I ran over to him and he still had the foot in his hand with the drill bit sticking out the top of his hand made my hand hurt.He kelp yelling at me to pull it out so I grab the drill no reverse on it air drill hit the trigger and snatched it out he took of running and yelling.I know it not nice to laugh at things like that but couldn't help it I laugh so hard I had tears coming out my eyes.

Jim

LoL Laughing

I was demo a old fence and stepped on a very large nail. I was fine until I started to walk off and the board was stuck to the bottom of my foot and my cousin told me I had a nail sticking through the top of my foot! I never felt it until I looked down! Laughing He said I screammed like a girl!! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

300+ lb little girl........................ Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing affraid
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum