BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N/A Low 5's doable Yes or No Lets Hear It

+11
KY JELLY
bruno
TravisRice
Tennessee Bullitt
richter69
c.evans
BOSS 429
rmcomprandy
dfree383
LBSRACING
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

N/A Low 5's doable Yes or No Lets Hear It - Page 2 Empty Re: N/A Low 5's doable Yes or No Lets Hear It

Post  richter69 February 10th 2011, 10:46 pm

more like a tractor................... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

N/A Low 5's doable Yes or No Lets Hear It - Page 2 Empty Re: N/A Low 5's doable Yes or No Lets Hear It

Post  BOSS 429 February 10th 2011, 11:03 pm

I guess i should of worded my ( yes its doable) a little different.

as in @ 2950 . 1, 4v c headed engine could do this without making 1400hp, theres things to think about to make the whole package work
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  LBSRACING February 11th 2011, 12:53 am

Well this defiantly has me thinking thats for sure. I would say realistic thinking I want to be competitive. I know I'm not gonna have a .90 car but when you look at it right know how often does it take a .90 win.
LBSRACING
LBSRACING

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 11th 2011, 1:07 am

LBSRACING wrote:Well this defiantly has me thinking thats for sure. I would say realistic thinking I want to be competitive. I know I'm not gonna have a .90 car but when you look at it right know how often does it take a .90 win.

That depends entirely upon the talent level of the drivers you will be facing...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 11th 2011, 2:33 am

IMO the rules appear to be written by the usual Chevy majority. So, it all depends on their definition of a "conventional" big block Ford head. Many sanctioning bodies consider the A-460 head to be "conventional", but then put the C-460, Pro-Filer, and Thor heads in the category of the Big Chief or spread port heads.

I'd want further clarification of the rules, but right now I'm thinking the TFS A-460 18 bolt heads, IF they are considered "conventional",,, and nitrous is the way to go.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 11th 2011, 7:29 am

bruno wrote:
Tennessee Bullitt wrote:Hey Richter it seems like you should be doing mid 5's mabe 5.40's. Wasn't you running 5.60's to 5.70's.

put his car in x275 trim and it would never run that # ......... his deal would have to leave softer and the 330' would suffer

I was just wanting to see if I was correct on his car of how he has kicked butt to get there. I agree that the nitrous deal would be the best.

I do know a certain car that ran a 5.03 in BG last year that is really fast.... Laughing
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 11th 2011, 8:47 am

Evans has ran a string of mid 90's and has won several events his car is a procharger deal and Al Marlow has ran several high 90's with his BBC w/Nitrous

Yes there is a lot of talent in this field , and this is a driver class , but if you can dial in a 5.0 or 5 teen this year you will win some events

and ever year these classes get faster and faster you will see these cars in the 80's this year for sure Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 11th 2011, 8:50 am

Tennessee Bullitt wrote:
bruno wrote:
Tennessee Bullitt wrote:Hey Richter it seems like you should be doing mid 5's mabe 5.40's. Wasn't you running 5.60's to 5.70's.

put his car in x275 trim and it would never run that # ......... his deal would have to leave softer and the 330' would suffer

I was just wanting to see if I was correct on his car of how he has kicked butt to get there. I agree that the nitrous deal would be the best.

I do know a certain car that ran a 5.03 in BG last year that is really fast.... Laughing

Tennessee i wasnt taking away anything from Jon , his rides have always produced great numbers and his car is very fast and it should run 40's this year without a doubt , but if he was in legal x275 trim its a whole nother ball game especially with the "DD" engine program this year Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 11th 2011, 9:34 am

I understand Bruno. I known they are 2 different setups. It's just fun to poke at Fabio once in a while.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 11th 2011, 10:09 am

sorry for the mis info .....
Al runs a 580 tall deck deal and is at 3400 lbs and runs 4.90's

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 11th 2011, 9:02 pm

dont forget that by the time you get it all together, and worked out...the rules will probably change. I have been lookin at these rules the last couple of weeks, and as charlie stated the rules seem a little biased...is it even possible for a max effort C-head to out perform a Max effort big chief?...

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 11th 2011, 9:14 pm

from what I can tell if your class racing at the top you almost have to go with the GM based build to have all the options available to build a winning combo...all the advantages and choices with heads, intakes, blocks/deck heights etc... its sad but true. I think the chassis/engine base should be consistent... I'd like to see some of these people running the gm stuff put it in one of their own chassis... if they did that then you would see alot more ford research and development taking place for the simple fact that so many people would stick to the mustang chassis, especially in the SS classes...

Last edited by 138 on February 11th 2011, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 11th 2011, 10:26 pm

There is more involved in power management with this than anything. I dont see why there would be any reason c heads would not run with big chiefs.

The guys i run with in the dds , 3 have big chiefs and the only car that will out 60' my p-51 engine is 706 cubic inches of big chief with a bickel chassis , one has drce heads and its just about even all the way down the track. You need heads that will offer big mph

If i was going to run a class like this I would do a boosted c 460 engine look how good Tim lynch's ran.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 11th 2011, 10:49 pm

KY JELLY wrote:There is more involved in power management with this than anything. I dont see why there would be any reason c heads would not run with big chiefs.

The guys i run with in the dds , 3 have big chiefs and the only car that will out 60' my p-51 engine is 706 cubic inches of big chief with a bickel chassis , one has drce heads and its just about even all the way down the track. You need heads that will offer big mph

If i was going to run a class like this I would do a boosted c 460 engine look how good Tim lynch's ran.

n/a only for the c heads... and I agree with the power management aspect of the equation, thats why I would think a short stroke A head deal with a single fogger, and a progressive.

Back to top Go down

Post  LBSRACING February 12th 2011, 2:57 am

138 wrote:from what I can tell if your class racing at the top you almost have to go with the GM based build to have all the options available to build a winning combo...all the advantages and choices with heads, intakes, blocks/deck heights etc... its sad but true. I think the chassis/engine base should be consistent... I'd like to see some of these people running the gm stuff put it in one of their own chassis... if they did that then you would see alot more ford research and development taking place for the simple fact that so many people would stick to the mustang chassis, especially in the SS classes...

Yeah this is sad but true. I am going to stick with fords. I am shocked that everyone thing spraying the motor is the way to go. I wish I knew what cam was in my 545 without having to take it apart. I might just try to see how much those TFS will handle.
LBSRACING
LBSRACING

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 12th 2011, 3:14 am

LBSRACING wrote:
138 wrote:from what I can tell if your class racing at the top you almost have to go with the GM based build to have all the options available to build a winning combo...all the advantages and choices with heads, intakes, blocks/deck heights etc... its sad but true. I think the chassis/engine base should be consistent... I'd like to see some of these people running the gm stuff put it in one of their own chassis... if they did that then you would see alot more ford research and development taking place for the simple fact that so many people would stick to the mustang chassis, especially in the SS classes...

Yeah this is sad but true. I am going to stick with fords. I am shocked that everyone thing spraying the motor is the way to go. I wish I knew what cam was in my 545 without having to take it apart. I might just try to see how much those TFS will handle.

what I presume is based on reading, and opinion...I have NO hands on experience... I pondered the A/C head debate heavily, and decided on the A heads for the simple fact they were cheaper and able to be ran out of the box, and and if I ever "needed" to make more than 8-900 I will do it with n2o... and manage it with a progressive, and 7531

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 12th 2011, 3:41 am

138 wrote:dont forget that by the time you get it all together, and worked out...the rules will probably change. I have been lookin at these rules the last couple of weeks, and as charlie stated the rules seem a little biased...is it even possible for a max effort C-head to out perform a Max effort big chief?...
C460 imo has an edge on the Big Cheif as far as head to head . local racer swap he's Big Cheif for a smaller head and cubes , he runs tubos and it's quicker than BC & turbos .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 12th 2011, 11:46 am

LBSRACING wrote:

The definition of "power adder" needs to be defined.
It's big money for fuel but, I personally think that 4.150" stroke engine with "A" heads, running NA with 80% nitro would be the best however, tuning it would be paramount.
I believe some Top Sportsman cars have gone that route, too.

I have seen this type combination, (it was a Chevy though), used in pulling with a Predator for a carb and it was awsome.

MUST you use a single carb...? Two regular alcohol carbs could pass enough fuel.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 12th 2011, 1:19 pm

mech injection would work better than a carb/s.........depends on the rules.....lots of times alky is not allowed, and in that case nitro would be a hell no.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 12th 2011, 1:46 pm

they bother are hell no...

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 12th 2011, 1:47 pm

138 wrote:
LBSRACING wrote:

what I presume is based on reading, and opinion...I have NO hands on experience... I pondered the A/C head debate heavily, and decided on the A heads for the simple fact they were cheaper and able to be ran out of the box, and and if I ever "needed" to make more than 8-900 I will do it with n2o... and manage it with a progressive, and 7531

1000 hp can be made with a heads 1 carb, c heads are better , but take work out of the box to be better
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  LBSRACING February 12th 2011, 1:47 pm

Leaning toward Holley EFI as well. Been hearing lots of good thing about it. We are building a 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 4 valve with twin 65 turbo's gonna be trying out the Holley EFI on that.
LBSRACING
LBSRACING

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 12th 2011, 1:48 pm

on gas!
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 12th 2011, 1:48 pm

X275.net

ENGINE:
Maximum displacement for all engines is 588ci. Small blocks are allowed any deck height but must retain stock bore spacing. GM Big Blocks are limited to a 10.2 deck height. Ford Big Blocks are limited to a 10.3 deck height. Mopar Big Blocks are limited to a 10.7 deck height.
TURBOCHARGERS
Single turbocharger limited to 88 mm maximum. (GT55-88, Pro-Mod 88, ET-R88 or = mid/large frame turbo). Turbocharger size will be verified by measuring the housing bore at the leading edge of the impeller wheel and must maintain the contour of the compressor housing. Inducer dimensions will not exceed 3.462 inches and Exducer dimensions will not exceed 4.765 inches on MID FRAME turbos. Inducer dimensions will not exceed 3.462 inches and Exducer dimensions will not exceed 5.56 inches on LARGE FRAME turbos. The maximum diameter of the housing bore at the leading edge of the wheel may not exceed 2 mm more than the maximum allowable turbocharger size permitted. Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions prohibited. Any type of air to air or water to air intercooler permitted. Turbochargers w/nitrous oxide are prohibited except on 2-rotor, 4 cylinder, and inline 6 cylinder engines.
SUPERCHARGERS:
Cog or gear driven superchargers are permitted, must meet all factory inlet, outlet, and internal housing dimensions. Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions prohibited. Any type intercooler is permitted. Cannot combine with nitrous oxide. Roots superchargers are limited to a 10-71. Centrifugal superchargers are permitted. Screw superchargers are not permitted.
NITROUS OXIDE:
Small block is permitted to run any type multi-stage nitrous systems. Big blocks are limited to a single stage nitrous system – A single stage fogger (2 nitrous solenoids and 2 fuel solenoids) are permitted or if using a single plate then your limited to (1 fuel solenoid, 1 nitrous solenoid), and 1 purge solenoid, purge must exit engine compartment.
TRANSMISSION:
Any factory style automatic transmission allowed. Bruno-Lenco transmissions are prohibited. Clutchless manual transmission and clutch assisted manual transmissions are permitted on naturally aspirated combinations only. Electric shifters or air shifters are permitted.
INDUCTION:
Small Block combinations may run any type induction. Big Block combinations are limited to a dedicated single carburetor with cast intake.
OILING SYSTEM:
Dry sumps are permitted on all cars.
EXHAUST:
Mufflers or inserts are required on all cars except for turbo cars. Exhaust may exit underneath car or out the front fenders but must not affect timing or staging beams.
FUEL:
Gasoline only is permitted. Alcohol or E-85 or other derivatives is prohibited.
STREET EQUIPMENT:
Functional headlights, taillights and brake lights required. All headlights, brake lights, marker lights, etc must be on car and not removed for any reason. All vehicles may be towed back from their passes.
SUSPENSION:
Stock style suspension cars only (See weights below for penalty for aftermarket suspension). Four links are prohibited on all cars. Aftermarket direct replacement components such as: front control arms, rear control arms, front coil over shocks, and rear coil over shocks are permitted. Aftermarket rack and pinion steering allowed. Rear leaf springs, springs, shocks, and coil-overs may be moved to accommodate tire clearance, and do not need to be mounted in stock location. Bolt-on or welded sub-frame connectors, rear sway bars, are permitted on all cars. Wheelie bars are prohibited on all cars. Torque arms are only permitted on cars that were originally equipped from factory with it.
TIRES:
All cars with power adder must compete on a Drag Radial type tire with the following sidewall designation 275/60/15. Naturally aspirated cars are permitted to run a 28.0” x 10.5” slick, no “W” tires permitted.
Minimum base Weights:
All minimum weights include the driver.
Naturally Aspirated (small block) 2600 lbs
Naturally Aspirated (big block with standard deck height and conventional head) 2900 lbs
Naturally Aspirated (big block with tall deck height and conventional head) 2950 lbs
Naturally Aspirated (big block with standard height and big chief head) 3050 lbs
Nitrous (small block) 2950 lbs
Nitrous (big block with standard deck height and conventional head) 3250 lbs
Nitrous (big block with tall deck height and conventional head) 3400 lbs
Single YSI / F1A/6-71 Supercharger (small block) 3100 lbs
Single F1C/8-71 Supercharger (small block) 3200 lbs
Single F1R / Xi/10-71 Supercharger (small block) 3300 lbs
Single 76mm T6 Turbocharger (small block) 3000 lbs.
Single 80mm T6 Turbocharger (small block) 3100 lbs.
Single 85mm T6 Turbocharger (small block) 3150 lbs.
Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Y2K or GT47-88 ) (small block) 3200 lbs
Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (GT55-88, Pro Mod 88 or =) (small block) 3300 lb
Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Large Frame 88) 3350 lbs
*Small Blocks with single stage nitrous system: deduct 50 lbs
* Small Blocks (NOS only) with 23 degree Chevy heads, 20 degree Ford heads, and 18 degree Mopar heads: deduct 100 lbs.
* Small Block (NOS only) non-inline valve head with more than 2 nitrous kits: add 100 lbs
* Non-Intercooled boosted cars: deduct 50 lbs.
* Aftermarket rear suspension (Ladder bar): add 50 lbs.
* Buick/Olds/Pontiac Nitrous combos will be 3250 and not exceed 588 cu inches
* V-6 Turbocharged/Supercharged/Nitrous combos will deduct 200 lbs from base weight
* Large Frame Turbo with billet wheel: add 50 lbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LBSRACING February 12th 2011, 1:50 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:on gas!

Yep.
LBSRACING
LBSRACING

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next