BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed?

+4
richter69
TRUKPULR
schmitty
jbozzelle
8 posters

Go down

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? Empty Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed?

Post  jbozzelle February 11th 2011, 11:13 pm

Need a pic. It looks like it can go on either way.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? Empty Re: Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed?

Post  schmitty February 11th 2011, 11:29 pm

Bolts go toward carb. I put mine on upside down and JB told me that they designed them with the bolts to go on top.
Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? 003-1
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? Empty Re: Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed?

Post  TRUKPULR February 11th 2011, 11:39 pm

Here's a couple I have on file.

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? Dcao0081

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? Dcao0082

Jomar on bottom looking at ya
Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 12th 2011, 12:48 am

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? TV10-17-09001-21

Anybody have a pic of a Jomar girdle installed? TV10-17-09002-19
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 12th 2011, 1:13 am

Thanks guys. I'll get them tightened tomorrow. Do they need to be torqued?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 12th 2011, 1:22 am

Torque not necessary, but make sure you have clearance under them for the rockers to move through their cycle without touching the girdle. Buddy of mine had that happen and had some exhaust valves that were not closing. Cool As long as the girdle is at the top edge of the poly lock you shouldn't have any clearance issues. Look at Dan and Jon's pics to see where they have the girdles in relation to the poly locks. Their pics are nice and clear. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 12th 2011, 3:49 am

jbozelle , I just have to ask this ... with all the questions ask , have you built an engine before ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn February 12th 2011, 9:01 am

John, I don't know what heads you have. But, if they have valves that are at canted angles say like TFS A460 13*x5* and 9*x5*, then there will be only one sweet spot for it to clamp around the poly locks. Otherwise it will be trying to bend the rocker stud in to place. It's kind of hard to explain over the Internet without showing you. Wink .
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 12th 2011, 9:05 am

DanH wrote:jbozelle , I just have to ask this ... with all the questions ask , have you built an engine before ?

Even if it is his first,he's doing the right thing by asking questions about issues he has'nt dealt w/before. I've built lots of engines,but i'm making a change that will be having me asking lots of questions before long. Questions are good for EVERYONE too learn from. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 12th 2011, 11:26 am

DanH wrote:jbozelle , I just have to ask this ... with all the questions ask , have you built an engine before ?

Yeah a bunch of small blocks. Last one I built was over 10 years ago. All small, pump gas street stuff. This is my first rodeo with pretty much a full tilt race deal. Like Rick said too. I'll always ask before I go a screw it up too. I dont have money to do it twice.

I'm the only BBF Ford guy in the group of guys I race with. You guys are the only voice of reason. All I ever get from them is the old "try it and see".....

Last edited by jbozzelle on February 12th 2011, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 12th 2011, 11:29 am

Doug Rahn wrote:John, I don't know what heads you have. But, if they have valves that are at canted angles say like TFS A460 13*x5* and 9*x5*, then there will be only one sweet spot for it to clamp around the poly locks. Otherwise it will be trying to bend the rocker stud in to place. It's kind of hard to explain over the Internet without showing you. Wink .

Just like Schmitty posted mine fit upside down. That's not to say the hole in the girdle made full contact with the nut. But it tightened up nice and easy and didn't move the studs around. That's why I asked.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 12th 2011, 12:17 pm

better to ask when in doubt than not to ask and f-ck it up..................

and as far as torque I think they are like 22-24 ftlbs................I just snug um good with a ratchet wrench.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 February 15th 2011, 10:37 pm

Thats one less question I have to ask; Very Happy

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down