BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free health care

+8
D. Sea
DanH
cool40
dfree383
Tennessee Bullitt
Just Brian
ThndrChkn
jasonf
12 posters

Go down

Free health care Empty Free health care

Post  jasonf 14th February 2011, 15:07

Just an update for any of those that like the idea of free healthcare. I mom slipped and fell yesterday, she hurt her leg but figured it was a sprain. So today she went to the doctor only to find out it is broken and it is bad enough they have to put pins in it. Well now she is waiting at home with a broken leg because they don't have any beds available. Maybe tomorrow.... or the next day...
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Free health care Empty Re: Free health care

Post  ThndrChkn 14th February 2011, 15:59

That sucks Jason. It's only gonna get worse too. This regime we have, is gonna have it fixed good by the time 2012 comes around. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ThndrChkn on 15th February 2011, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Brian 14th February 2011, 16:29

I don't know what to say on this Jason. Down under here, we moan about the price of petrol $1.99ltr for 91, we moan about the price of food and where it comes from but when we go to the doctor with a major medical problem, they will sent us to hospital. And it's free.
I feel you and your mother. Look after her and hopefully they can find a bed soon.
Brian
Just Brian
Just Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt 14th February 2011, 17:00

Sorry to hear that. If thay are gonna give us free stuff than we should demand free car parts as well. Leave it to the goverment to hurt us when we really need access to stuff like that. Evil or Very Mad
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 14th February 2011, 17:05

No such thing as "Free" someone or sombody has to pay for it one way or another..........

anyhow, I hope your mom gets better.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 14th February 2011, 22:38

where does she live?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH 15th February 2011, 13:03

A lack of beds , one wayto get beds in a full hospital , throw all the ones on goverment assistance to the curb

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf 15th February 2011, 13:09

She lives in Canada of course. Land of the over taxed free crappy health care. BTW, she is still waiting.....
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 15th February 2011, 13:56

jasonf wrote:She lives in Canada of course. Land of the over taxed free crappy health care. BTW, she is still waiting.....
any way to bring her to the states?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea 15th February 2011, 14:00

dfree383 wrote:No such thing as "Free" someone or sombody has to pay for it one way or another..........

Ditto...

I too hope she gets better Jason, and tell Lisa "Tracy says HI!"

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod 15th February 2011, 15:24

DanH wrote:A lack of beds , one wayto get beds in a full hospital , throw all the ones on goverment assistance to the curb

jasonf wrote:She lives in Canada of course. Land of the over taxed free crappy health care. BTW, she is still waiting.....

Jason, I feel for ya brotha, My wife had what she thought was a heart problem yesterday afternoon around 1:00pm,(shortness of breath, numbness in her left arm, tightness of the chest....) she went in to a new county clinic (JPS) close to our house in Grand Prairie, they took her vitals, & said, "you need to go to Emergency now" she asked to be taken to the nearest hospital (2 mi. away, non county hospital) but they took her to county in Fort Worth she got there at 1:30pm, I got a call @ 4:00, I got to her @ 6:00 she had vitals taken agin, blood drawn, & was put out in the waiting area, I get to her & she is really out of it, very lathargic, eyes glazed over, not being able to tell me what has happened since she has been there other than she had blood drawn, not lookin good at all, I ask a nurse if anybody can help her, nurse says "she just needs to wait" I look around the waiting area & there are at least 60-75 people in there with & I'm not kidding, coughs , runny noses, basic flu type symtems, THE HOSPITAL IS NOT A PRIMARY CARE FACILITY!!!!!
Anyway, after repeated attemps with the nurses to get a doctor to see her, now 1:30 am! Evil or Very Mad I tell them to pound sand straight up their ass!! I literally picked my wife up, carried her out to my truck & took her to the hospital she asked to go to in the first place. Kinda funny, we went in to this hospital,(Medical Center of Arlington) now 2:04 am & remarkably were seen by a doctor in 7 min. & thats including paperwork!!! After the test they ran, (now 3:12 am) thank GOD no evidence of heat attack, doctor said her thyroid & potassium level were the probable cause of this deal. Gave her some fluides (oil change), (wepons grade urainium enriched) Potassium pills & monitered her till 6:00 am. I paid the bill, & she is now at home sound asleep feeling much better. All in a span 4 hours!!!!
Sorry dont mean to go on & on, but if ANYONE thinks this HEALTHCARE deal is gonna work they need to go into a county hospital needing help, multiply that by 10! then they might be close to what its gonna be like if that H/C goes into effect... THE HOSPITAL IS NOT A PRIMARY CARE FACILITY!!!!!

Jason my prayers are with your mom....hope she is gonna be ok.
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 16th February 2011, 00:24

the reason folks go to the er for bs is THEY AINT PAYEN THE BILL! WE ARE! if the hospitals would call the cops on the pill freaks who come in every day that shit would stop.i'm not even gona get started Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper 16th February 2011, 00:44

never waited more than an hour an a half in my life for my free healthcare.
IT works just fine.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 16th February 2011, 09:36

Diggindeeper wrote:never waited more than an hour an a half in my life for my free healthcare.
IT works just fine.

I can tell you from experiance... thats not the case in Quebec......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g 16th February 2011, 14:52

69bluehotrod wrote:
DanH wrote:A lack of beds , one wayto get beds in a full hospital , throw all the ones on goverment assistance to the curb

Jason, I feel for ya brotha, My wife had what she thought was a heart problem yesterday afternoon around 1:00pm,(shortness of breath, numbness in her left arm, tightness of the chest....) she went in to a new county clinic (JPS) close to our house in Grand Prairie, they took her vitals, & said, "you need to go to Emergency now" she asked to be taken to the nearest hospital (2 mi. away, non county hospital) but they took her to county in Fort Worth she got there at 1:30pm, I got a call @ 4:00, I got to her @ 6:00 she had vitals taken agin, blood drawn, & was put out in the waiting area, I get to her & she is really out of it, very lathargic, eyes glazed over, not being able to tell me what has happened since she has been there other than she had blood drawn, not lookin good at all, I ask a nurse if anybody can help her, nurse says "she just needs to wait" I look around the waiting area & there are at least 60-75 people in there with & I'm not kidding, coughs , runny noses, basic flu type symtems, THE HOSPITAL IS NOT A PRIMARY CARE FACILITY!!!!!
Anyway, after repeated attemps with the nurses to get a doctor to see her, now 1:30 am! Evil or Very Mad I tell them to pound sand straight up their ass!! I literally picked my wife up, carried her out to my truck & took her to the hospital she asked to go to in the first place. Kinda funny, we went in to this hospital,(Medical Center of Arlington) now 2:04 am & remarkably were seen by a doctor in 7 min. & thats including paperwork!!! After the test they ran, (now 3:12 am) thank GOD no evidence of heat attack, doctor said her thyroid & potassium level were the probable cause of this deal. Gave her some fluides (oil change), (wepons grade urainium enriched) Potassium pills & monitered her till 6:00 am. I paid the bill, & she is now at home sound asleep feeling much better. All in a span 4 hours!!!!
Sorry dont mean to go on & on, but if ANYONE thinks this HEALTHCARE deal is gonna work they need to go into a county hospital needing help, multiply that by 10! then they might be close to what its gonna be like if that H/C goes into effect... THE HOSPITAL IS NOT A PRIMARY CARE FACILITY!!!!!

Jason my prayers are with your mom....hope she is gonna be ok.

Hell, its been like that here for the last 10 years, the h.c. bill has nothing to do with it.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf 16th February 2011, 18:45

Diggindeeper wrote:never waited more than an hour an a half in my life for my free healthcare.
IT works just fine.

You know Ont. and BC are the only two provinces I have ever heard good things about the health care. My grandma waited 4 days to have pins put in her wrist when she broke it. My wife waited 5 days to have her gal bladder out. My daughter waited 18 months to have her tonsils out. If you don't have chest pains or a drug overdose then you are waiting. To be honest there is not a time in my whole entire life of living in Canada that I ever waited "ONLY" 1 1/2 hours for medical care. I can remember plenty of 4-6 hour nights in the emergency with sick kids. If they would make Amoxil over the counter you could rule out about 90% of children's visits.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g 16th February 2011, 22:05

jasonf wrote:
IT works just fine.

You know Ont. and BC are the only two provinces I have ever heard good things about the health care. My grandma waited 4 days to have pins put in her wrist when she broke it. My wife waited 5 days to have her gal bladder out. My daughter waited 18 months to have her tonsils out. If you don't have chest pains or a drug overdose then you are waiting. To be honest there is not a time in my whole entire life of living in Canada that I ever waited "ONLY" 1 1/2 hours for medical care. I can remember plenty of 4-6 hour nights in the emergency with sick kids. If they would make Amoxil over the counter you could rule out about 90% of children's visits.

It wouldn't pay to get sick up there, you be well before you see the doc. Smile
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper 17th February 2011, 21:18

jasonf wrote:
IT works just fine.

I've only been in ontario 3 years.
27 years were in manitoba.
I've never had to visit the hospital in a major city. i've lived mostly rural, so the population thing may help.
My last visit was when i had the H1N1 thing. I was in and out in about 1/2 an hour, but i went at 4am
Your right about the Amox, Even if they'd give you repeats would be a big help.
The biggest problem is not enough family doctors. That would alleviate a lot of emerg visits. Hard to find a doctor willing to take on a client like myself who doesnt visit but 1 time in 3 years. Once my wife got pregnant we got a family doc right away, but it shouldnt come to that.
I dont know where all the med students are going, but i'd love to find a doc that spoke english, HELL i'd even settle for french Very Happy
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 18th February 2011, 09:01

Problem is the $200k salary cap they have on doctors, they can make a whole bunch more money elsewhere...... The price of goverment regulation..... Rolling Eyes
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper 19th February 2011, 00:17

here the district hospitals are limited, but the non district are not as limited. But no one wants to go to the small communities. Its a pay raise in many cases, but then you end up in places like Cochrane, On. No one wants to live there, even the polar bears and caribou are leaving.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 19th February 2011, 12:33

this thread is miss-titled. "overpriced low quality government healthcare"
it is, most certianly, not free. it costs about 2 months salery. in the United States tax freedom day is in april (26.9% tax*). in canada its in june(42.6% tax*).

* tax figures from wikipedia

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf 19th February 2011, 12:44

meteor545 wrote:this thread is miss-titled. "overpriced low quality government healthcare"
it is, most certianly, not free. it costs about 2 months salery. in the United States tax freedom day is in april (26.9% tax*). in canada its in june(42.6% tax*).

* tax figures from wikipedia

You missed the best part. Those numbers are starting points and in Canada there is hardly anything for tax write offs besides RRSP's (like a 401k) and a bit for kids. In the US with all my deductions my tax rate drops to about 15%.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down