BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitro Plate sucks

+2
bbf-falcon
jasonf
6 posters

Go down

Nitro Plate sucks Empty Nitro Plate sucks

Post  jasonf February 19th 2011, 3:44 am

This is my official Nitro Plate sucks thread. After reading all the good things about them on the site I decided to send my roadster headers and mufflers to them in Dec to get recoated. The first time they came back one of the mufflers was all oxidized because they didn't dry it properly after polishing. I called them and they were very apologetic and assured me they would fix it up. So I shipped it back, wait some more time and got it back this week. This time it has 10x as much water in the packaging as before. How f'n complicated can it be to dry something before you ship it. It is not like there is chambers in it where the water can get trapped. Stand it up over a vent for a day or two and let it dry. Now it is mardi gras time, the weather is nice, I have family coming from up north and I want to drive my t-bucket and I won't be able to because I have to send it back again to these screw ups. Everybody makes mistakes and I am all for letting them fix it up but this is retarded.

First time.
Nitro Plate sucks P1270017

Second time. That is water and suds you can see in the picture.
Nitro Plate sucks Nitroplate2ndtime2
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Nitro Plate sucks Empty Re: Nitro Plate sucks

Post  bbf-falcon February 19th 2011, 5:18 am

Jason this is too bad Shocked . I'm one of the people who referred you too them. Mine still look new after a full season of racing. Hard to tell what went wrong.Maybe a new guy on the job,or maybe some part of the normal process is breaking down. Hope you get it straightened out.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 19th 2011, 10:43 am

HPC for the win, I've had 6-7 sets done over the years and the work and QC is top notch plus they are local.

Those "junk" headers Coug sent are also HPC coated and still look awesome after all the years as they are old lol.

I have even called them before checking on the status and they said one tube did not pass inspection and they were redoing it...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 19th 2011, 11:21 am

Jason, there is a place local to you that we send all of our stuff to. I think it's Streamline coatings or something like that. Down around New Iberia or Broussard. I'll find out for sure. He does good work and has warrantied stuff as well.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 19th 2011, 11:48 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Jason this is too bad Shocked . I'm one of the people who referred you too them. Mine still look new after a full season of racing. Hard to tell what went wrong.Maybe a new guy on the job,or maybe some part of the normal process is breaking down. Hope you get it straightened out.

Well I hope they can get it right the third time. There is a perforated baffle in there and they need to let it dry before packaging. They know this, yet they have done this twice now. There is a lot of aluminum in the coating, that is what makes it shiny, the water gets out and oxidized the aluminum just like it would rust steel. That is why it turns all white and blotchy.

jbozzelle wrote:Jason, there is a place local to you that we send all of our stuff to. I think it's Streamline coatings or something like that. Down around New Iberia or Broussard. I'll find out for sure. He does good work and has warrantied stuff as well.

Thanks Jon, I wonder if they would be able to match the same color or if it will be off.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 19th 2011, 11:57 am

I would contact them and see. I see the pics now, those look awful!!!! pissed would not be the word for it lol.

I did see a few small watermark streaks on the "inside" of my tubes, the outside was perfect though. When I called the other day to check on um they said they were in polish right now, and would have to go through QC before they were done.

Another reason i use them is they are local to me, but even if they were not i'd still use them.

My collectors I sent this go round were already coated, but they stripped and redid them so they would look as nice as the tubes.

Looks like Nitroplate missed a step or just didnt give a shit, myself I have heard good things about them, but this is not acceptable.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole February 19th 2011, 12:19 pm

I've had two sets of headers and an intake done by them. Very happy. I would be that they just have an issue with a single employee in this case. I would give them a call and ask to speak directly the the manager or owner and email him the above pics.

A pic of couple of tubes of my new ones. Done just before the first of the year:
Nitro Plate sucks Coating2
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 19th 2011, 5:57 pm

David Cole wrote:I've had two sets of headers and an intake done by them. Very happy. I would be that they just have an issue with a single employee in this case. I would give them a call and ask to speak directly the the manager or owner and email him the above pics.

A pic of couple of tubes of my new ones. Done just before the first of the year:
Nitro Plate sucks Coating2

Well one of the head cheeses called me back after the first time so I was alright with it. Shit happens in my book and they were willing to fix it up so I was happy but not twice. It has been two months already and this is prime cruising season before it gets to hot out. I already sent them an email with the pics and I will be calling monday morning thats for sure.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 19th 2011, 10:18 pm

Jasan, I think this is the place. Give them a shout.

Streamline Powder Coatings
142 Easy St, Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 289-9050

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 20th 2011, 1:24 pm

David Cole wrote:Nitro Plate sucks Coating2

Love the backdrop Dave, its sexy! Laughing
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down