BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automotive A.D.D in living color.....

+4
512Fairlane
bb429power
83-88T-Bird Guy
cletus66
8 posters

Go down

Automotive A.D.D in living color..... Empty Automotive A.D.D in living color.....

Post  cletus66 March 30th 2011, 6:43 pm

I was drinking a few beers last year and made this video. I forgot about it and when looking back, I realized that all my jokes about A.D.D. are true. I hope I haven't posted it before. I am really impressed with those of you who can concentrate on 1 project for an extended period of time. Nobody my age should have so many "barn finds". Embarassed Excluding the '64 Fairlane, all of these cars have been "fixed up" and had the crap run out of 'em, sometimes more than once. If I concentrated on 1 car, I would have a 7 second car sitting in the middle instead of 6 (just in here) dusty, rusty relics..... Rolling Eyes . Well, except for the white Mustang in the middle..... Laughing

If Photobucket cooperates, you can take a tour through the results of a twisted mind.

Automotive A.D.D in living color..... Th_101_6164

Edit: As y'all know, Ellen finished the red '82 Mustang, and it is her daily driver. I'm spinning my wheels on the rest. Now my white Galaxie is back in there and needs paint because the clear is pealing. Has it been 10 years already??? Mad
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Automotive A.D.D in living color..... Empty Re: Automotive A.D.D in living color.....

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy March 30th 2011, 9:22 pm

I count 7...and you're lucky. 6 are in a garage.

I have to maintain 10..... without a garage.....LOL
Yes, vehicle a.d.d. is troublesome.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Automotive A.D.D in living color..... Empty Re: Automotive A.D.D in living color.....

Post  bb429power March 30th 2011, 10:04 pm

Got 7 here Laughing One is mine, and another (the maverick) is my baby. Its dads but I take care of it and I will probably end up turning it in to a drag car later on for myself. Having too many cars sucks, it really does. Especially when you can't drive a number of them daily so you have to add more to the list Laughing

Heck next year I want to buy an old Ford mud truck, spray bomb it camo, and put railroad tie bumpers on it with a radio to play my country music. To drive to school...gotta keep them fools in line! But I will park her in the yard as to maintain some driveway space Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane March 30th 2011, 11:17 pm

You're right. You have too many projects. Maybe you could send one to me so you would have some more room left in your shop. I'll take the 67 fastback or I could use another Fairlane to drive on the street. I've always liked 82 GT's. The coupe wouldn't be bad either. I guess any of them would work. Just let me know and I'll come pick one up. Very Happy
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair March 31st 2011, 6:03 am

Car ADD deed deeddeed is a royal pain! I'm at the point where I am trying to decide which car I pull parts off of in order to fix the others!

The 72 Gran Torino formal sport is finally running (rich as all hell and tires are s**t), the other 72 Gran Torino has donated many parts to 3 other 72s including my own but I still want to put it back together, the 79 Ranchero doesn't have a title or a passengers side window but it's in too good of shape to abandon, and I just scored a 73 Ranchero GT "Q" code that is in pieces but otherwise in incredible shape as well, and lastly my grandfathers 84 Bronco 4x4 with a trashed motor (my little brother wants to put a 7.3L turbo diesel in it, and who can really blame him).

Almost enough cars (ya right), nowhere near enough space or cash, and entirely too much ADD for my own good
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 31st 2011, 6:13 am

got a buddy with over 30 vehicles. Pro street 66 fairlane with a blown 390. 66 fairlane with 427 small block drag car. 66 fairlane fully restored. Five or six more fairlanes. A couple comets of same era. Some 78 ford trucks. A 78 ford drag truck. A 2009 f350 fully loaded big cab lift kit tires and wheels. With 200 miles on it. He liked the color. 08 shelby mustang as his work ca. F350 diesel for pulling trailer. Wife drives a couple different newer ford trucks. Has an escape. 79 f150 four wheel drive show truck. Has some others I can't remember off top of my head. He doesn't drive any of them. He bought the blown fairlane from california sight unseen for thirty grand and has put five miles on it

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 31st 2011, 7:20 am

I'm down to 2 plus my daily driver........ My Record was 6 Projects & Race Cars + 2-3 daily drivers....... It just gets to hard to keep everything moving and working !!! But the A.D.D. is still out of control for me..... 20+ motors in various stages....... Laughing

Last edited by dfree383 on March 31st 2011, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 31st 2011, 12:23 pm

I remember when you and your Crew Chief built the bar in your "new" shop. Looks like it has become a work bench Razz

Your shop looks like mine however Mine is full of Mustangs, a Camaro, a Nova some Air compressors, A Bobcat and a BUNCH of engines. Somehow, Imma find a way to get the 28' trailer inside next winter...

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 March 31st 2011, 1:01 pm

OK I feel better since I'm not alone. Laughing
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 1st 2011, 12:01 pm

I'll get a video next time I'm at the shop. Since Dad's Boat is at his house and he sold his Convertible Mustang, I actually have SOME room to move around.

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 April 1st 2011, 7:39 pm

Post it up. Especially the parts that you bought new a few years ago, and they are covered with dust. I have a bunch of 'em...... Embarassed
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down