BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glide info needed

4 posters

Go down

Glide info needed Empty Glide info needed

Post  bigblockfox468 April 4th 2011, 7:48 am

Guys... this PG to a BBF fitment is new to me.

I need education on a few things. I see a couple of threads below talking of crank adaptors.

This week I'm planning on coupling my engine to my trans which now has a PG. It used to have a C-4. I didn't realize an adaptor was needed and there maybe some things needed that I'm not aware of. I've read those post and sounds a little scary since I have no clue and want to make sure I do it right the first time so I don't have an expensive learning process.

So if someone would like to walk me through this process PM me your phone # when it's a good time to talk, this way I can ask questions if I don't understand or if a question pops up during my thinking process scratch or feel free and type away.

Also, JW bell going on a glide. Just wonderin what the torque should be on those bolts?

Last edited by bigblockfox468 on April 4th 2011, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Glide info needed Empty Re: Glide info needed

Post  whatbumper April 4th 2011, 8:37 am

snug by hand with a 3/8s drive ratchet.

the easiest thing to do is change your flexplate to a bbf to glide specific one. tell your coverter company what you are doing and they should set you up with the appropriate parts.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 4th 2011, 10:22 am

Do you have a crank adapter yet? What is the thickness of your midplate? I have a JW adapter that was too short for the dragster due to the midplate being 1/2" thick. It looks like it'll work fine with a 1/8" midplate setup... If you need it I'll send it your way.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 April 4th 2011, 10:28 am

jbozzelle wrote:Do you have a crank adapter yet? What is the thickness of your midplate? I have a JW adapter that was too short for the dragster due to the midplate being 1/2" thick. It looks like it'll work fine with a 1/8" midplate setup... If you need it I'll send it your way.

No adaptor...yet.....didn't realize one was needed.

Mid-plate thickness is .090

I'll let you know if I need one..............kinda lost here til I get more education Neutral lol
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 4th 2011, 10:52 am

You'll need the adapter so the glide converter snout stays centered in the crank pilot.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 5th 2011, 9:08 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:Guys... this PG to a BBF fitment is new to me.

I need education on a few things. I see a couple of threads below talking of crank adaptors.

This week I'm planning on coupling my engine to my trans which now has a PG. It used to have a C-4. I didn't realize an adaptor was needed and there maybe some things needed that I'm not aware of. I've read those post and sounds a little scary since I have no clue and want to make sure I do it right the first time so I don't have an expensive learning process.

So if someone would like to walk me through this process PM me your phone # when it's a good time to talk, this way I can ask questions if I don't understand or if a question pops up during my thinking process scratch or feel free and type away.

Also, JW bell going on a glide. Just wonderin what the torque should be on those bolts?

I replied to this yesterday ...but it did not "take".
The pump bolts torque to 20 ft/lb and are specified (by JW) to use a small amout of red loctite. That point is a matter of debate with various builders, but it has worked well for me. Some builders apply a very small dab of RTV under the bolt head/washer also. I tried that on a few, but stopped doing it 2 years ago...no leaks either way. Just be sure to maintain the little o-rings that go on the pump bolts between the bell and the pump. They are important. I have those available as service replacements is they are needed.

Unless you have a custom built converter with a 1.850 pilot nose, you will need to use a pilot adapter bushing.

If you want the original JW instructions, I have them in PDF form. Just send an email to KFMotorsports@aol.com and I will attach it for you.

Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down