BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves

5 posters

Go down

Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves Empty Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves

Post  bigunitmudracing April 8th 2011, 10:39 pm

I picked up a 69 460 out of a lincoln... tore the motor apart, the lowerend was perfect, the bearing are good still...

But my problem is in the heads.. went to pull the valve springs to send the heads in to the machine shop and all the exhaust valve stems are messed up and so are all the exhaust rockers.. they wore into eachother.. has anyone seen this befour????? there shot.. like wore 1/4in groove into the valve stems..
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves Empty Re: Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves

Post  cool40 April 8th 2011, 10:42 pm

pic's or it aint true! Laughing sounds like it had trouble oiling the rockers.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves Empty Re: Need help understanding what could have happened to my valves

Post  bigunitmudracing April 8th 2011, 11:18 pm

i cant belive this.. i can upload pics... too big?
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  bigunitmudracing April 8th 2011, 11:37 pm

I have 9 pics.. and they are too big for this site according .... I can email them to anyone.. its the fastest way.. could use the help... been on here and the 460ford for a long time and never seen this...
bigunitmudracing
bigunitmudracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl April 9th 2011, 1:08 am

Da! the motors 40 years old!!!!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 14th 2011, 1:07 pm

Use Photo bucket.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fordman460 April 14th 2011, 5:05 pm

Original rail guided rockers? Very common for that to happen.
fordman460
fordman460

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 15th 2011, 7:32 am

fordman460 wrote:Original rail guided rockers? Very common for that to happen.

X2 they wear out....... 40 + years and XXX,XXX Miles later and probably no oil changes..... Imagine that !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down