BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignition help.

2 posters

Go down

Ignition help. Empty Ignition help.

Post  psquare75 April 14th 2011, 12:08 pm

All things being equal, what should I do?

The 77 Cougar (see engine post) I am swapping a MILD 460 into currently has a petronix conversion installed in a Mallory Unilite. This car is being sold later this year.

My F100 (getting another mild 460 (but warmer than the Cougar) has a Duraspark distributor with an MSD 6A box. I am keeping this truck.

I also have a full Duraspark setup (harness/box/another rebuilt dizzy) in a cabinet.

I'm thinking I should just put the Duraspark setup on the Cougar, and keep the Duraspark/6A combo in the F100, and just sell the Unilite/Petronix.

Any reason to keep the Unilite? It has 60K miles on it, with the Petronix installed. The Duraspark dizzy in the truck has 1000 miles or so, as does the MSD 6A.

Consider both daily drivers.
psquare75
psquare75

http://www.reklessracing.net

Back to top Go down

Ignition help. Empty Re: Ignition help.

Post  longroofracer April 18th 2011, 12:33 am

Why not put the Unilite in the Cougar that you are selling, and have the Duraspark as a spare?
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  psquare75 April 18th 2011, 11:34 am

longroofracer wrote:Why not put the Unilite in the Cougar that you are selling, and have the Duraspark as a spare?

I figured I could sell the Unilite outright. I doubt a person will pay $70 more for a car because it has a Unilite installed over a Duraspark. The DS is a lifetime warranty AutoZone piece, so if it fails, I can trade it in. Then again, the car is wired for the Unilite already.
psquare75
psquare75

http://www.reklessracing.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down