BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses?

+3
nuclearcobra
cool40
7 posters

Go down

Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses? Empty Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses?

Post  138 April 16th 2011, 12:01 am

tfs a460 heads.... what are these for?... just curious... and if the intake ports are that thin how can they be safely ported or cnc'd?

Last edited by 138 on April 18th 2011, 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses? Empty Re: Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses?

Post  cool40 April 16th 2011, 12:50 am

my A460's are the same way.you wont have any problems with them.very little cutting in that part of the head for cnc anyway.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses? Empty Re: Holes in the intake ports that run into the rocker stud bosses?

Post  138 April 16th 2011, 1:06 am

cool thanks...I figured they were "supposed" to be there...they are in every intake port, on both heads, and have been hit with some kind of grinder...

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 16th 2011, 7:24 am

Most heads i've seen are like that my scj's my world iron windsors and my kaase small block heads.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans April 16th 2011, 8:25 pm

Those holes are on 90% of the BB Ford and BB Chevy aftermarket heads that are out there. The manufacturers have to tap the hole deep enough and it breaks through the roof of the intake port. Just make sure you use some kind of sealer, such as pipe dope or RTV on the intake rocker studs, or the engine will suck oil through those holes and put out blue smoke.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  wvmudder April 16th 2011, 8:56 pm

Good question, and thanks for the tip Charlie. A friend of mine (chevy guy) was fingering my A heads and told me they were F'ed up because of those holes. I told him i'm sure theres a reason for them. He then proceeded to assure me his Pro Comps didn't have them lol! . Needless to say I was no longer worried.

Dave S.
wvmudder
wvmudder

Back to top Go down

Post  138 April 16th 2011, 9:24 pm

c.evans wrote:Those holes are on 90% of the BB Ford and BB Chevy aftermarket heads that are out there. The manufacturers have to tap the hole deep enough and it breaks through the roof of the intake port. Just make sure you use some kind of sealer, such as pipe dope or RTV on the intake rocker studs, or the engine will suck oil through those holes and put out blue smoke.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

will do... thanks charlie...

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 16th 2011, 10:01 pm

Loctite is the best sealer...i.m.o.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 16th 2011, 10:15 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Loctite is the best sealer...i.m.o.

use the red.......... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down