BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks

+2
billandlori
westsideford
6 posters

Go down

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks Empty Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks

Post  westsideford September 5th 2009, 8:58 pm

Hey All,

There were like 300 street cars at the track. It took over an hour just to tech. Made a pass and it was lean. Went back checked the plugs and yep lean. So I changed the air bleeds and went back to the lanes. By the time I got to make a second pass it was Midnight. #$%@ street cars anyways.. Lol! Came off the light and .. dang " No second gear!" FUBAR! Shifted to third and had that!

I figured I ate a band.

Today I went to the shop with the car and pulled the pan. I fractured the INT Band Strut into 2 pieces. One piece was in the tailshaft housing.

Thank "G" and easy fix.. I don't know how many of these bullits I can dodge! Lol Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Well All I can hope is the carnage is over for awhile.. maybe?

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks 100_0333
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks Empty Re: Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks

Post  billandlori September 5th 2009, 9:19 pm

Wow, thats a strange one!!

Good luck on pinks!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks Empty Re: Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks

Post  havinfun September 5th 2009, 10:20 pm

How did it run?

havinfun

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford September 6th 2009, 12:50 am

billandlori wrote:Wow, thats a strange one!!

Good luck on pinks!!

Bill

Thanks Bill for the kind words..

First thing after a few hours of sleep I was thinking of the worse case. Pulling the trans means pulling the engine too. Got a few days.. Umm shop owner is pretty cool and if I need time off he'd of givin it to me.

Called a friend that helped me set up the case end clearance to pump last year. He said, "It looks like the band let go?" I asked him if he's got time I'd start tearing this thing apart.

I pulled the pan and VB while he was enroute. He told me to first screw in the band adjustment to see if it just goes all the way in and it did.

After the VB was removed I was setting it a side when the piece of the strut fell off. It was like OK, where the heck is the rest of it. I used a magnet but no find. I had to remove the tailshaft housing to find the last part.

My friend showed up and he stated "30 years of working on these things I never seen that."

I replace the broken part, fired it up.. Shifted good on the lift.. sooo here we go!
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 6th 2009, 10:31 am

Good Luck, and have a good Time Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  8liter September 6th 2009, 10:51 am

Wow, I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I wasnt at the track. It was on my rev. band and it happened backing out of the garage.

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks P1020450

Good luck as well, and wait till they throw that e.t. to beat at you in the burnout box. Rolling Eyes
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord September 6th 2009, 3:21 pm

What would cause this?
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford September 6th 2009, 9:56 pm

8liter wrote:Wow, I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I wasnt at the track. It was on my rev. band and it happened backing out of the garage.

Went to the Track Last T&T before Pinks P1020450

Good luck as well, and wait till they throw that e.t. to beat at you in the burnout box. Rolling Eyes

Crazy shitz for sure.. I'm OK as long as they don't throw the 9.90 Et at me.. Car should be still good for 10. OH @ 136 Mph. All we can do is wait now.. Gonna be a long first day of testing for sure.

Thanks for chiming in! Ya Rock!
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford September 6th 2009, 9:57 pm

OldRedFord wrote:What would cause this?

Dun No.. was kind of hoping maybe Jon might have that answer?
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford September 6th 2009, 9:59 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Good Luck, and have a good Time Smile

Thanks.. Appreciate it! Very Happy
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down