BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Stock mud racer engine?s

2 posters

Go down

Street Stock mud racer engine?s Empty Street Stock mud racer engine?s

Post  fastbigblockford April 24th 2011, 10:02 am

Looking to get back into mud racing, bought a '77 F150 lwb, stone stock 460, 4spd, possibly 4.10 gears but not for sure yet, i have my doubts.
I want to stick with the 4spd and run a good(probably brass ram) clutch. the rules around here require 16" vacuum @800 rpm, so....here we go
I have to use factory cast ford block and heads, ported D0VE's, 2.19 int. 1.72exh most likely, what i would need would be cam selection and whatever tips and tricks anyone would care to share. OFF THE SHELF PARTS, other than cam, i would be up for custom grinds. Intake manifold and carburetor would be pretty well wide open, however rules do require single carb on gasoline. Cant really cut much weight out of the truck, but I'm sure i can get some out, not sure what it will weigh. This will be a short tire(33-35") speed pit truck, 200' pits mostly, some maybe alittle longer. There is no limit on compression ratio, any race gas can be used.
I'm not sure if I can get buy running a Dominator so probably better stick with 4150 baseplate stuff. If i missed anything remind me please.
Thanks
Daniel

fastbigblockford

Back to top Go down

Street Stock mud racer engine?s Empty Re: Street Stock mud racer engine?s

Post  schmitty April 24th 2011, 10:35 pm

If you aren't limited on cubes, put a larger crank in there, preferably a 4.5" one, and clean up the bore to whatever is needed. The three things most important when building an engine like this are cubic inches, compression, and cam. You will need to decide on the cubes first, put a good flat top in there to get compression up, then decide on cam. A 1050HP with a 4150 base will make some good power. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down