BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHATBUMPER..............

+16
dfree383
342g
KY JELLY
GTmustang
BigDave65
DILLIGASDAVE
56Tbird
512Fairlane
Race Ready Fabrications
cool40
the Coug
Wheelie58
whatbumper
Treeyasoon
bruno
richter69
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WHATBUMPER.............. - Page 2 Empty Re: WHATBUMPER..............

Post  KEVIN S April 28th 2011, 11:50 am

he got checked out. We have been preaching for years that tracks need concrete barriers AND spray wall to wall. I am not posting the video but you can see dust fly when it gets to the center which is BS. If they had concrete, I feel that it would have just bounced off and possibly saved the car from the rolls. Of course the wall folding over like it did absorb some of the energy.[/quote]

I am sorry to hear about the wreck and I am not trying to pile on. If you feel that the concrete walls are that important, why did you make any passes at all? Denton is the best track in the North Texas area. I have been to every track around here and have NEVER seen any of the local tracks spray wall to wall. IMHO Denton is the only track around here that actually preps the track decent at all. Anyone who has been to Kennedale or Crandall would probably agree that Denton almost always has better tracks. My friend went head on into the guard rail at Denton (needless to say it was not the tracks fault) and it did minimal damage. If we where at Crandall (concrete walls) I suspect the damage would have been far greater. I am not trying to insult anyone or any tracks but I think that Denton is getting shown in an unfair light. I hope you guys get it back together soon. Kevin Schluter

KEVIN S

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 28th 2011, 2:41 pm

KEVIN S wrote:he got checked out. We have been preaching for years that tracks need concrete barriers AND spray wall to wall. I am not posting the video but you can see dust fly when it gets to the center which is BS. If they had concrete, I feel that it would have just bounced off and possibly saved the car from the rolls. Of course the wall folding over like it did absorb some of the energy.

moved to PM

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 28th 2011, 10:14 pm

I'm glad he walked away, I hate when people wreck. I cringe every time I see it happen and just think how pissed/sad I would be if it were me.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 3rd 2011, 6:05 am

Looking back at the nova crash video I have to correct what I said about Denton only having a single rail after the finish line way back then, it was in fact a single rail only after the car crashed through the existing double rail. But having said that it should also be mentioned that it wasn't too far past the finish line that the double rail stopped & there was in fact no guardrail at all beyond that point, just a raised dirt berm for cars to nose into.

KEVIN S wrote:If you feel that the concrete walls are that important, why did you make any passes at all?
For a lot of the guys running in any number of the local faster car circuits around here (TOPMA, OTS, automatic P/M's, or whatever class) they can't afford to sit out a scheduled event and risk loosing the points just because of something they might not like about a given track.

KEVIN S wrote:IMHO Denton is the only track around here that actually preps the track decent at all. Anyone who has been to Kennedale or Crandall would probably agree that Denton almost always has better tracks.
I have to disagree.
It is true that Denton is 100% better these days now that it has been lengthened & Larry is running the track. But Kennedale has consistently been a slightly better prepped track from one week to the next. I would have to say that probably 90% of the time when I walk out on the track to inspect the starting line at Kennedale, it's almost always prepped & sprayed good enough that it always tries to pull my shoes off when walking on it. But admittedly Denton probably comes in a close second for track prep & sprayed consistency week after week.

Crandall (Dallas) is probably at/near the bottom of the list for prep/spray consistency. At the Dallas Topma show (where Nuytten crashed) the starting line felt like they hadn't sprayed it in a very long time, and there was quite a number of cars loose & moving around down track all night. But when testing there this last Saturday (during a mostly motorcycle event) they did actively spray the track. Unfortunately all the motorcycles made for a mostly left-tire only groove that wasn't the best situation for trying to get a car to hook. Laughing

In the past Redline has been a mixed bag. One month they scrape the starting line consistently, the next month the starting line has so much excess built up rubber that it's getting ripped up in large chunks.

I haven't been to Navasota in years, have no idea what's it's like now days.

I think Hallsville is still closed. It looked to be a decent track the few times I went there.

I've never been to Temple, but it's supposed to be OK with Hutch running it now days. But it's still a super narrow track.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2