BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tornados in Alabama

5 posters

Go down

Tornados in Alabama Empty Tornados in Alabama

Post  dr's wife racing April 30th 2011, 10:50 am

Thought I would post up before ya'll started to move in on my wife and devide up my stuff.The storms were rough around here.It did not even rain at my house but two small towns on either side of us were hit hard.This does not count tusc.We have pretty much been with out phone internet power ect.. untill last night.If you hasve seen thepath thru Tusc. My broter inlaw works at Druid city hosp he was there when it hit we sat and listened for about 15 min on a battery powered raido as it got closer and closer my wife burst it to tears as the said Druid city hosp just took a direct hit knowing her bro was inside. He is ok.His house which is 2 blocks away is another stoy.That whole community is gone.We've been there for the past two days cutting tree's ect.,You can't even get to his house with a truck you have to walk in from about a mile and carry every thing you work with.It is a very sobering thing to see the with those marks on the door's where they are looking for people To have someone beg you to cut tree's where they can get out of their house..For some reason one of the things that seemed the strangest was the first day it was almost dark, all of our saw's out of commission .I was still up in a tree that was blown over there was some kind of a exotic bird that came and landed.
I've lived here all of my life and seen bad weather but no destruction like this.Form what I have seen it sould not suprise me to see the death toll to go up ther are still alot of people that are not accounted for.They are going house to house with search dogs in some area's.
Sorry for the long post but we need to be praying for these folks alot of lives have been changed forever by this storm.We're 45 miles from Tusc and they called my wife [all the local doc's] into the ER to treat folks because of all of the trama case's.
I'll try to post some pic's of Lyn's place a little later.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Tornados in Alabama Empty Re: Tornados in Alabama

Post  '65 T-BOLT April 30th 2011, 11:04 am

My prayers and condolences go out to all those who had to go through these storms
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn April 30th 2011, 12:34 pm

Thoughts and prayers from up here too Ward. Only on the rarest occasions, will we see tornado's here in Montana, but the ones we've had over the years can't be compared. I saw a few news clips from your area, and I can't even imagine what you guys have gone through. No
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 30th 2011, 12:46 pm

i could'nt get tv station for AL,i'm about 500 yd's into TN,but i had my radio on a AL station.we had some close to us but all i heard all day was one after another "on the ground"in north AL.it's a very bad deal.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing April 30th 2011, 8:53 pm

After another day of sawing Lyn's house is clear enough for them to work on when contractors are allowed in the area.We were lucky no one we knew directly was killed or had any serious injuy.As bad as the area around his house is there are area's not far from him hit even worse.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 24th 2011, 11:12 am

I got this in an email this morning: The story is chilling, and really makes you think things over...

This is my niece telling about my brother's encounter with the tornado in Tuscaloosa.

There are so many stories to share but I thought I would pass on this story from a girl I work with. Kerry

Anna works at our front desk. Her dad drives a UPS truck. On the day of the tornado he got a call to leave his route early and come back to Tuscaloosa because the weather was getting bad. As her dad got into Tuscaloosa he noticed how much the wind was picking up and things were flying around the interstate. He called Anna's step mom to figure out what was going with the weather. She calmly told him a tornado was heading straight for him.

Anna's dad knew he didn't have time to get to a secure building. He parked his truck under an overpass and ran up the hill. At the top of the hill he found a homeless man. Her dad told the man that a huge tornado was heading straight for them. The only was they would survive was to "hug" a cement pillar of the overpass. The pillar was too big for one man to wrap his arms around it. Anna's dad said they would have to hold hands and not let go.

The two men locked hands around that pillar. Wind and debris flew around them. (Her dad has gashes in his back and head from the flying metal and wood.)

As the tornado passed over the men, Anna's dad looked down at the interstate below. He saw a woman run up the hill to them. The wind was too powerful so she ran back down and crawled under her car. The tornado picked up the car and slammed it back down on top of the woman. He saw another woman get sucked out the back window of her car. And worst of all was a person who lost his head.

When the tornado passed Anna's dad, he and the homeless man let their hands go. Her dad took a picture of the tornado in the distance (picture attached). As he turned around to check on the homeless man, he was gone. Anna's dad looked all around where they had been standing and couldn't find him. It was as if the homeless man vanished.

Her dad wouldn't have survived if that homeless man wasn't under that overpass. It took two people to hold onto that pillar. Draw your own conclusion about who that homeless "man" really was in that storm. He never spoke a word.

I've also attached a picture of the UPS truck her dad was driving.

Christy

Tornados in Alabama IMG_0502

This pic is chilling. It really shows the shear size and amount of destruction left by this devastating event... And, if I'm not mistaken, there's a human being lying out of the windshield of the little red SUV...
Tornados in Alabama IMG_0504
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 24th 2011, 12:00 pm

^ I sent this to Doug today. My next door neighbor is some kind of Manager at UPS in Louisville and he sent it to me. Kinda scary!

Hope everyone stays safe this week, looks like another round on the way!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down